Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Cool flying car that recreates things you could do with glitches since the game came out.
But did someone make an de-RPGfication mod like the one witcher has yet?

No I don't care about maxing out my DPS in a game where level scaling already removes all the difficulty.
Because when you ask someone: "What's so fun about playing CP2077?" they all answer: "Driving around the streets". Nobody tells you: "I play it for the combat".

The game is all about driving around and making screenshots. Just look what the mods on the Nexus for CP2077 are all about and you know it's true.

I didn't literally play it for the combat... but I did have some guily pleasure of playing with some shiny toys of destruction, which look good and provide a satisfying oomph.

Child of Malkav

Erudite

And there's probably more out there and better. Modders completely shit on CDPR at this point. I'm more excited to play this game again with all these mods, assuming the game won't explode or something.
Let CDPR keep their dev tools, they suck with and without them. Modders is where it's at. Making a shit game actually good.

Tyrr

Liturgist

And there's probably more out there and better. Modders completely shit on CDPR at this point. I'm more excited to play this game again with all these mods, assuming the game won't explode or something.
Let CDPR keep their dev tools, they suck with and without them. Modders is where it's at. Making a shit game actually good.

I will play it again with a mod that removes Johnny/Keanu.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Looks cool. I like the sound of the thrusters.

I can also see why CDPR probably decided not to include something like that in the game, as it makes regular driving and large portions of the city landscape obsolete. Also makes creating secluded spaces a nightmare.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

I can also see why CDPR probably decided not to include something like that in the game, as it makes regular driving and large portions of the city landscape obsolete. Also makes creating secluded spaces a nightmare.
Also, they couldn't even get regular driving to feel good. Imagine the clusterfuck that would be their 3D driving and traffic systems.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

You can not fix this game any more than you can fix Skyrim with mods.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

There is a difference. The shooty-shooty combat in Cyberpunk actually feels nice (or would, were it not for the level scaling, bloat and shit itemization). The combat in Skyrim is irredeemable.

Still, too much work to really be fixable via mods.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There is a difference. The shooty-shooty combat in Cyberpunk actually feels nice (or would, were it not for the level scaling, bloat and shit itemization). The combat in Skyrim is irredeemable.

Even if you made the FPS gameplay in Cyberpunk actually good and less random/spongy, you'd have an FPS game on your hand with a WAAAAYYYYYYY too long campaign.
FPS gameplay is just too samey to be able to carry long campaigns.

Cyberpunk's biggest problem is that the first mission you do plays 100% the same as any mission 30 hours later, which plays 100% the same as the final mission.
Only very, very rarely it manages to break up the gameplay.

Even Witcher 3 did this a lot better by at least introducing different kinds of enemies that require different approaches (especially with mods).
Cyberpunk is always just "do what your character does best to solve every problem".

I had actual fun for maybe 10-15 hours, then somehow tried to force myself through the story (as I do like the story) for 10-20 more hours, but then the monotony just became too much to bear.

Yosharian

Arcane

Have you actually played any of the modern modlists that are available on Wabbajack? I think Skyrim's combat is very playable with the right mods

KVVRR

Learned

The only real way flying cars would've made it into the game in any way would've been as a quick travel method like cabs in GTA. Not only it trivalizes so many parts of the gameplay like you said but just logistically having to actually create Night City to account for 3D movement options would've multiplied the amount of work the game needed tenfold. This isn't your typical new york map where you could just recycle the same 4 rooftops on every building, people actually would expect stuff to be in here and the infrastructure is already pretty creative on it's own.

typical user

Arbiter

They could always lock it behind some storyline quest. Plus this mod applies hovercraft mechanics to every car from the looks of it.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
They'll have it in the sequel.

02zpaozlexm61.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Even CD Projekt wants some of them board game Kickstarter bux:

Cyberpunk 2077: Gangs of Night City - The Board Game, created in cooperation with @CMON has officially launched on Kickstarter!

It mixes territory control with evolving, branching storylines that will guide you through the tumultuous streets of Night City. Check it out: https://cmon.co/cyberpunk

Gargaune

Magister
It mixes territory control with evolving, branching storylines that will guide you through the tumultuous streets of Night City.
Oh, that sounds interesting. If only someone had the opportunity to put this into a videogame. It's a damn shame no one ever made a Cyberpunk videogame that could've featured such cool ideas. Maybe, one day, some major videogame development company will obtain a Cyberpunk license to make an open-world Action-RPG, that would surely be an excellend opportunity to have territory control and branching storylines that will guide you through the tumultuous streets of Night City.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Even if you made the FPS gameplay in Cyberpunk actually good and less random/spongy, you'd have an FPS game on your hand with a WAAAAYYYYYYY too long campaign.

Cyberpunk's biggest problem is that the first mission you do plays 100% the same as any mission 30 hours later, which plays 100% the same as the final mission.

It's why I hate when they say "we've fixed the bugs! it's good now!"

The real problem with this game is it's the most shallow experience ever. Especially when you go back and look at the advertisements / claims they made.

They sold this thing as a Cyberpunk Simulation game with complete open possibilities that fed into your character design and story choices..
I was picturing a Deus Ex game on crack - which normally would sound unrealistic at this scope and size.. except they were working on the fucking thing for 10 years.

Yosharian

Arcane

It's why I hate when they say "we've fixed the bugs! it's good now!"

The real problem with this game is it's the most shallow experience ever. Especially when you go back and look at the advertisements / claims they made.

They sold this thing as a Cyberpunk Simulation game with complete open possibilities that fed into your character design and story choices..
I was picturing a Deus Ex game on crack - which normally would sound unrealistic at this scope and size.. except they were working on the fucking thing for 10 years.
Bbbbut Keanu Reeves!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom