Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline CDPR ruined the games industry by exposing what it truly is.

Zenithsan

Educated
"Old man yells at AAA industry"

I mean yes, but besides the retarded news sites/reddit, and other gay forums, I assumed that every intelligent individual just saw the Witcher as a stupid action fantasy game to waste a couple of hours, there's no need to get angry about water being wet.

Zenithsan

Educated
I mean yes, but besides the retarded news sites/reddit, and other gay forums, I assumed that every intelligent individual just saw the Witcher as a stupid action fantasy game to waste a couple of hours, there's no need to get angry about water being wet.
Yeah, I guess you're right. No self-respecting RPG forum would ever claim The Witcher 3 was a masterpiece of the genre.

Embarrassing.

But then again, everyone has flaws. Even the big H himself with that vegetarian shit. So, don't throw the first rock and all of that.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Nothing described here is unique to CDPR. You can swap out CDPR's games with Bethesda's and Bioware's recent offerings and make the same post. The only thing unique about CDPR is that FOR SOME MYSTERIOUS REASON this forum likes their games more than ones by those other companies.

Robotigan

Learned
Nothing described here is unique to CDPR. You can swap out CDPR's games with Bethesda's and Bioware's recent offerings and make the same post.
Disagree. Call them casual, normie shit all you want but Bethesda and Bioware at least succeed at designing an intelligible, easy-to-navigate user interface. They also don't add shallow mechanics just to say they have them, they take care to make sure any system they have feels good and cut it if it's not working right.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Nothing described here is unique to CDPR. You can swap out CDPR's games with Bethesda's and Bioware's recent offerings and make the same post. The only thing unique about CDPR is that FOR SOME MYSTERIOUS REASON this forum likes their games more than ones by those other companies.
Perhaps an argument that Codex Game of the Year voting should collect information on respondents' nationality. :M

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Perhaps an argument that Codex Game of the Year voting should collect information on respondents' nationality. :M

A more pertinent question is if the person believes that Wizards of the Woke D&D is real D&D or if it is D&D In Name Only.

Faarbaute

Arbiter
I really wanted to like Witcher 3. The production values were top notch, barring the initial buggy release. I really liked the art direction, the graphics, the sound production and so on but it's all in service of such a bland and boring action game.

Slap an actual RPG on there instead and it would have been great.

somewhatgiggly

Scholar
I can't compare it to the Witcher as nothing in the Witcher apappealed to me and I never played any....

But I think we can all agree CDPR fucked up with Cyberpunk. They're already moving teams to the next Witcher project. They'll shit out one half-assed dlc or expansion to Cyberpunk, probably just Radiant Quests and Radiant Gigs and a Garage and more clothes and repeatable dates, and then leave to never look back.

I swear, too many games made or designed heavily in the 10s were absolutely fucking cursed. I hope this changes for the 20s.

Last edited:

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
The light showers of retardation you could feel falling 20 years ago culminated in the tsunami of fail that is the millennial waterloo called CDPR.

No game says better that "we still live with our parents and have never kissed a girl and only got into gaming because we were unfit for any other line of work."

It's given hope to millions of mediocre people throughout the world that they too can become multimillionaires by shilling fake games they have no capacity to produce and at the last second just shifting in some generic FPS sheist GTA-style engine they purchased from a third world coder mill with only weeks to go to the release date.

Once again, they cashed the check (as with NO MAN'S SKY) before confessing all the early footage was faked FIVER bought cutscenes from a poor slob in India. Crocodile tears of repentance streaming down their faces as they count the money. "We'll make up some good DLC ... I mean ... hire some other slob to make teh DLC!"

Nowadays, everyone plans to fake it until they make it. Everyone.

This game left me with a deep compulsion to drag Keanu Reeves into an alley someday and beat the sh*t out of him.

Self-Ejected

Lim-Dûl

Self-Ejected
The Witcher 3's combat system and other "role playing" aspects were appalling but I don't see what CDPR did that ruined the games industry more notably than other developers.

Harthwain

Magister
I love these non-troll threads from non-alt posters. They really get your noggin joggin'. :martini:

tl;dr Thread sucks, OP is a faggot.
Yeah.

Talking about "a bunch of teenage edgelords" when most people are having kids (therefore having less time, which leads to further casualization of the games. Seriously, how blind one has to be to not see this?) shows how fake the poster is. Also, "Obsessing over >maturity< is ironically a very childish disposition" is pure bullshit and shows how divorced from reality this take is - people like "maturity", because they find gritty settings to be more authentic than the sanitized ones. This was true to The Witcher saga and Game of Thrones, so this really isn't anything new.

But I guess obvious troll is obvious.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I am just playing old games with mods. AAA has been cancer for a long time and CDPR got too big for their britches, fired their experienced talent and fucked up.

Drakortha

Liturgist
I'd actually argue that From Software have done more damage than CDPR. Similar to what Activition and Call of Duty did to the online shooter genre, From Software games have influenced a never ending torrent of Dark Souls clones.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I'd actually argue that From Software have done more damage than CDPR. Similar to what Activition and Call of Duty did to the online shooter genre, From Software games have influenced a never ending torrent of Dark Souls clones.
Half the Souls clones were developed by From Software itself, though. :M

Demon's Souls (2009)
Dark Souls (2011)
King's Souls (2014)
Blood Souls (2015)
Soul Souls (2016)
Ninja Souls (2019)
Elder Souls (2022)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom