Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Chernobylite - survival horror action RPG set in Chernobyl

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thefarm51/chernobylite-survival-horror-in-3d-scanned-chernob

https://www.chernobylgame.com

https://af.gog.com/game/chernobylite?as=1649904300

From The Farm 51, the developer of World War 3 and Get Even. This is a singleplayer game, boasting free exploration, challenging combat, unique crafting, and non-linear storytelling.

ss_1bc78039c4b91692c52a7fb8f086a9b2f90abd58.1920x1080.jpg

ss_f3f701f8ce56b03417e32efff2f5f09bf386a717.1920x1080.jpg

Chernobylite is a new game from the creators of the critically-acclaimed Get Even.
It's a science-fiction survival horror experience, mixing the free exploration of its disturbing world with challenging combat, unique crafting, and non-linear storytelling. Play as a physicist, one of the Chernobyl Power Plant’s ex-employees, and investigate the mysterious disappearance of your beloved. Try to survive and reveal the contamination zone’s twisted secrets. Remember, the military presence is not your only concern.

Get ready for a thrilling adventure of survival, conspiracy, horror, love, and obsession. One that will prove to you that it’s not about how you face your fears, it’s about how you survive them.

SURVIVE
Ally or compete with other stalkers of the Chernobyl zone to survive. Remember that life is fragile, and it’s your decisions that determine the fate of your companions. You can spend as long as you need preparing, however, be aware that your story is still being written. Every passing moment, your chances of success are dwindling: comrades are dying, supplies are running out, or an unexpected patrol could discover you. And on top of all this, supernatural dangers are arising around you in mysterious patterns. Each day brings new challenges with the ever-increasing severity of your current situation. Plan your strategy carefully if you want to survive.

PLAY BY YOUR OWN RULES
Craft your gear and weapons to protect yourself from the hostile military personnel and supernatural threats lurking in the zone. Make use of the sophisticated tools at your disposal to aid you in your struggle while navigating the rough and contaminated environment. Stay undetected and gather all the evidence you can to piece together events from the past.
Decide what happens in the world around you by making choices and finding, or avoiding, the truth.

EXPERIENCE
Maintain your resolve and keep your wits about you – the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant is not what it once was. No one can foresee the horrors that may have befallen your beloved.

CHERNOBYLITE MAIN FEATURES
  • Explore the beautiful and horrifyingly accurate 3D-scanned recreation of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone.
  • Collaborate or compete with other stalkers of the Zone, but whatever you do, never fully trust them. Remember – everybody has a hidden agenda. Always.
  • Face and survive the natural and supernatural threats.
  • Immerse yourself in the thrilling non-linear science-fiction horror story.
  • Make good use of your character’s physics and chemistry knowledge to craft your equipment and manage your supplies.
  • Fight against the savage creatures pouring from the alternate reality.
  • Investigate and collect data with a set of sophisticated environment and substance analyzing tools.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wunderbar

Arcane
I remember being hyped for Necrovision when it came out. WW1 first person shooter from developers of Painkiller! Then i played it, and it was janky crap.
Then i was hyped for Deadfall Adventures, since it looked pretty, and I really wanted something to scratch pulpy adventure itch. Then i played it, and it was janky crap.
I've lost any faith in them, tried Get Even without expecting anything worthwhile, and to my surprise it was a great game.

Looks like Chernobylite is going to be close to Get Even, so i'm cautiously optimistic.

Gerrard

Arcane
Necrovision was fun, fuck you.

This on the other hand is coming out for consoles as well, all you need to know. Also Grigorovich is gonna have a fit.

E:
Which platforms will the Chernobylite cover?
Chernobylite is being made currently only for PCs - We'd like to make the console version, we're designing the game with consoles in mind (interface, pacing, optimizations), but we still not have a solid release plan about them. Other platforms may be possible at a later time, depending on the amount of money collected via Kickstarter.
Fucking decline.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
They're going to do Kickstarter to expanding locations:

Hey stalkers!

It's time to share something special and important, both for you and for us. Having all the feedback we got from you after our teasers and making-ofs, we figured out that everybody wants the same: to explore the destroyed Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant and Pripyat ghost city as deeply as it's possible.

Then we decided to expand these locations in the game comparing to the original concept and ask you for help in doing that. It's hard and dangerous task, assuming that we need to make some extra trips to the Exclusion Zone and scan more buildings and objects.

Within the next few weeks, we'll be starting the Kickstarter campaign. It'll let you pre-order the game and buy many cool gifts, including our highly demanded Black Stalker mask, and will let us collect some extra funds to do the Chernobylite location expansions plus add some extra features that we were always dreaming of.

Sign to our newsletter and stay tuned for the news on Kickstarter campaign launch!

Gerrard

Arcane
Looks like a weird cross between Far Cry and... the clunkiness of shooting makes me think RE7 or something. Can't pick up military guns because of DNA locks, only a matter of time until "it was all nanomachines".

Tancred

Learned
^17 minute 'gameplay demo' breaks down as 1 minute actual gameplay, 16 minutes barely-interactive cinematic walking sim.

:hmmm:

An asymptotic projection of the Calabi-Yau manifold manifesting itself in Anti-de Sitter space.

I've no clue... but he was able to teleport himself. Must have been, hm, transcendental bijection of the spacetime continuum projection.

Nothingness. It's not a matter of where or when. We are... inside a singularity bubble. Everywhere and nowhere at once.

:kingcomrade:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/351986/Early_Access_Launch_Details.php

Thanks to the great support and feedback from Kickstarter backers playing the Closed Alpha of Chernobylite in September, the game is already optimized and ready to be released in an Early Access version on Steam and GOG. The originally planned price of 36 USD, was not great, not terrible, but developers decided to lower it for much more affordable 29.99 USD. Furthermore, following the idea of non-exclusivity on publishing platforms, the Early Access will be released not only on Steam, but also on GOG through their “Games in Development” program.

Gerrard

Arcane
I wonder what they plan to do with it going forward, that whole base building thing seems extremely shoehorned in.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom