Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Chernobylite - survival horror action RPG set in Chernobyl

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
did anyone here back this or have played it? I saw this on upcoming releases on Steam and my interest in piqued, mainly because I can't wait for Stalker 2...

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
21-mike-cernovich.w710.h473.jpg

JDR13

Arcane
I'd like to know as well. I love me some good sci-fi horror, but I can't tell if this is legit or crap.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Super retarded title aside, it looks kinda alright at first glance. The thing is, all I'm hearing is that the game completely falls apart as soon as combat is introduced.

Beowulf

Arcane
Super retarded title aside, it looks kinda alright at first glance. The thing is, all I'm hearing is that the game completely falls apart as soon as combat is introduced.

Why is it retarded?
I assumed that they are referring to Chernobylite

It's like they would call "Lava" a game about Pompei.

Steezus

Savant
Patron

Why is it retarded?

Just because it's a sientific term, doesn't make it any less retarded sounding.

Beowulf

Arcane

Why is it retarded?

Just because it's a sientific term, doesn't make it any less retarded sounding.

So why exactly does it sound retarded?
Real life is full of discoveries named after the place where something was discovered, someone's name, or even researcher sympathies.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1016800/announcements/detail/2212899721709593441

Soon in Chernobylie - major changes are coming
Howdy!
Usually the marketing team writes weekly reports. They describe you the most important and interesting things that are going on not only in the game itself, but also around the development. However this time, as the Game Director I decided to write this report myself.

Why? Because soon there will be many changes in the world of Chernobylite...

We have reached a point where you have to stop for a while, look at Chernobylite and ask yourself a question: is finishing all mechanics, adding promised content and some final polishing enough to make this game truly good? We listen to your opinions, read all reviews, and track every single discussion on Steam and Discord. You point out a lot of bugs and mistakes and we cannot be indifferent towards them. Time has come to fix it.

WARNING! MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW!
Don’t read if you don’t have deep in-game experience!

8d411c1b632ea5231e2dca77f5188f07256fa35a.png

Behold, the Fractal Timeline
Chernobylite was supposed to connect a deeply narrative game with roguelike permadeath. Judging by your opinions - it didn’t work out. Players who died, often were forced to replay the same elements, listen to the same dialogues and play the same missions. Doesn’t sound very fascinating, does it? On the other hand, we didn’t want to throw out the exciting idea of entrapping the player in a nightmarish time loop. So how can we join these elements together and still make it exciting?

97b560e7ccc6ce8e83c29c2ccf198f8b7a2878cd.png

b53ae172efd23f369519570369c70df07e2903e6.png

We came up with the Fractal Timeline - an oneiric place where you go after death. A place in which you can see all your decision and the consequences of your actions. You can change or even erase them. Now death won’t force you to start from the scratch (unless you want to of course), but it will allow you to change the world you live in, without being forced to actually repeat every mission. It won’t happen for free though. Changing your memories will require Chernobylite, which you can gather by killing monsters.

23d630f59366ac93c8a1112ec9a5a776e2ae4787.gif

More branching & tougher decisions
Decision making is very important in our game, but after all your feedback we can tell that it does not have so much impact on you as we would like it to. So we decided to polish and improve this element.

In Chernobylite, there will be new branching possibilities and new consequences of Igor’s actions. Every choice you make will influence your companions. They have their own preferences so making the right choices can earn their loyalty which will be very useful when you’ll eventually start the final mission.

0435cedda60606c5b763b2f4f6b6061c3efa8f05.png

New Level Selector
The Level Selector is the heart of the game, a place where you can see the whole game’s world and plan what to do the next day. The heart that pushes away many of you at the very first contact - which you clearly told us in your feedback.

Unfortunately, the Level Selector has been changing a lot which in return influenced its clarity and intuitiveness to such extent we didn’t want to. It was supposed to be simple: choose the right mission for you and your team. We have reduced the amount of information to a minimum (though leaving more detailed info within reach) and we simplified it. Now you only have to select the mission and the character you wish to accomplish it.

And now the cherry on top!
All these things I’m writing about are not just some vague ideas for distant future. What I described above will be handed over to you… next week!

Awesome, isn’t it?
Artur, Game Director

Gerrard

Arcane
Anyone played this and can share some impressions? Some big update just came out and it's 30% off, wondering if it's worth buying.

ADL

Prophet
I've only spent twenty minutes in it but it's only $25 and if you get all future DLC I'd imagine that's worth it if you're really desperate for a game that has the setting and atmosphere of STALKER without all the emergent gameplay stuff that makes STALKER special.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom