Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Choose my next video pls

Moaning_Clock

SmokeSomeFrogs
Developer
Shivers! Point and Click Adventure with Horror/Mystery theme, Sierra Entertainment, under 10 hours. Great game!

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Great production values, but maybe you should decrease the music/background volume just a tiny bit more and prioritize your voice. Don't really care which game you cover, I will probably watch it eventually.

A horse of course

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I've chosen Chronomaster due to it looking quite interesting and being easy to run thanks to DOSBOX and such. I will of course return to some of the titles mentioned here in the future though.

A horse of course

Adding this one to the pile for future reference :shredder:

4K2cS3g.png

A horse of course

Chronomaster video is done and uploaded, thanks Fishy

Thinking about doing a Timegate review in a few months

A horse of course

Morning fatties. I'm doing another adventure title and like I said earlier was planning on doing a video on Kingdom o' Magic. I played it for about an hour but it seemed desperately unfunny (Br*t*sh """""""""""humour""""""""") and has some weird flickering bug.

Luckily whilst making the Myth II video I stumbled across a very obscure 1994 title called The Romantic Blue: 'til Death Do Us Part by WRF Studios. It doesn't appear to have been reviewed by a single magazine as far as I can tell, but has a vague connection to the Last Half of Darkness series. Anyway, I finished it (thanks to an LP that revealed the secret ending) but it seemed too short even for a mini-video.

So I'm thinking of doing the entire DOS-era of The Last Half of Darkness gnomes (1989-1993), but I have no familiarity with them whatsoever, and there are only a handful of reviews of the DOS-era Bill Fisher titles. I was wondering if anyone here has played any of them, or whether they're well-known in the classic adventure game community?

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Try Space Quest 4. Gameplay was not great, but it was the first game that showed what can be done with VGA graphics.

A horse of course

I finished all the DOS-era gnomes (the original Last Half of Darkness, the VGA version released in 1991, the second and third titles, and Romantic Blue), but I've decided there isn't really enough material for me to make a worthwhile 1hr video (I'm not really well-versed enough in 90s P&C adventures to make interesting comparisons, and I don't have any nostalgic connection to the series, unlike Lazy Game Reviews or the other tubbers who covered it). I think I'm going to cover the reboot titles from 2005-2011 as well. They're not insanely long as far as I can tell and the first one (Shadow of the Servants) reminds me of Scratches/DarkFall - it's actually quite creepy with all the lights turned off and headphones on.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I finished all the DOS-era gnomes (the original Last Half of Darkness, the VGA version released in 1991, the second and third titles, and Romantic Blue. I've decided there isn't really enough material for me to make a worthwhile 1hr video (I'm not really well-versed enough in 90s P&C adventures to make interesting comparisons, and I don't have any nostalgic connection to the series, unlike Lazy Game Reviews or the other tubbers who covered it), so I think I'll cover the reboot titles from 2005-2011 as well. They're not insanely long as far as I can tell and the first one (Shadow of the Servants) reminds me of Scratches/DarkFall - it's actually quite creepy with all the lights turned off and headphones on.
you're missing a closing bracket

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom