Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Chris Avellone Dialogue Monologue

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Chris Avellone; Obsidian Entertainment

Many moons ago I asked Chris to answer a few questions for our dialogue interview. Chris was too busy at that time, but promised to do it in the future. Unfortunately, he lost the questions, but being too proud to admit that, he wrote a monologue about dialogues instead.

As a "twist," I’m going to do this interview primarily through visuals, which is how I think game interactions should be in the first place - mostly because a good chunk of human dialogue is essentially communicated non-verbally anyway.​

Monolith

Prophet
Wow, what a...read. Dammit. All the anticipation and this is all we get? It might be funny and all that but I'm missing the informative part, the insights...perhaps I'm just to tired right now, or too ignorant. Anyway, dammit!

Paranoid Jack

Scholar
When I first read the Struggle part of the interview I almost thought he was a writer for Bethesda. :lol:

He better be careful before they send him a "cease and desist order" also.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
An interesting read, pretty entertaining. :)

Chris, please make Aliens an awesome RPG we are dreaming of!

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
VonVentrue said:
Chris, please make Aliens an awesome RPG we are dreaming of!
aliensfinal1lw9.jpg

aboyd

Liturgist
Admiral jimbob said:
Um. Can someone explain the bit with the personalities in the big jar? I didn't really get it. Was there anything to get? At all?
Oh, oh! Pick me! Pick me! I know!

It's a metaphor for writer's block. Amirite?

Müg

Scholar
aboyd said:
Admiral jimbob said:
Um. Can someone explain the bit with the personalities in the big jar? I didn't really get it. Was there anything to get? At all?

No, it's obviously a metaphor for the fear of parenthood.Duhhhhhr

Texas Red

Whiner
Müg said:
aboyd said:
Admiral jimbob said:

The big jar probably represents his mothers vagina and the personalities his jelousy towards his father.

The Walkin' Dude said:
Müg said:
aboyd said:
Admiral jimbob said:

The big jar probably represents his mothers vagina and the personalities his jelousy towards his father.

So is the snake his penis or his dad's?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom