Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial Chris Avellone: What the Fuck Happened to Bloodlines 2?

Shadenuat

Arcane
looks like MCA is in Empire Strikes Back mood.

Alphons

Cipher
gxGp61b.png

The absolute state of KOTOR 2 fans...

o0yv2lfui2g21.png

ferratilis

Magister
The best part:

- To be clear, me and Brian Mitsoda don’t get along. This is because he is way too tall, and I hate his fingerless gloves. He probably hates me because I am short and I do not wear gloves that aren’t made from human skin. Despite our height differences and choice of gloves, however, I have a lot of respect for him. He is the first person to use “filth maven” to describe a monster on the unreleased Torn RPG all the way back at Black Isle Studios (yes, he worked there, too, do your research), and I still can’t get that fucking description out of my head. Thanks, Brian, you filth maven.

Whatever this man writes, it's gold.

Vladimuar

Savant
"assholes", idiots", "fucking"

Now he sounds like a man. Stopped drinking Pabst Blue Oyster, I guess. Started drinking peat bog viking mummies whiskey.

A horse of course

I was browsing /v/ looking for the booba thread and noticed someone (Infinitron) is making threads on this using a screencap of the OP instead of the actual twatter/medium link. Infinitron have some self-respect for God's sake.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
If I was MCA and I hadn't destroyed my public reputation by letting a bunch of used-up slags pillory me in the public square, I would have given up on the whole "writing" thing an

I would try to move to China, at least probed that posibility.

It's hard being MCA :(

I would say different - it's hard to be a competent man of the old era, of the renaissance of 90s, among modern generation of brandead brainwashed politicased secular fanatics.
It's liek you juvmed form Renaissancestraight to the Dark Ages.

MCA - TRY TO PROBE CHINA! FFS! YOU WOULD GET BOGGLED DOWN IN US SWAMP.

Bladderfish

Augur
7.5 out of 10. Good read. Could have used more dirt, but the vaguely pissed off, I-Couldn't-Give-A-Shit tone makes it all the more enjoyable.

Someone needs to give Chris an RPG where he can write jaded, drunkard, fucked-up, degenerate, depraved, depressed or distraught characters. Nothing but wall to wall anger and disgust. I bet he'd do a fantastic job.

koyota

Cipher
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Bloody dude...

This new F it all writing style..
Sure we can`t Kickstart him a gig to freelance at RPGCodex? he`d fit right in.

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
I remember some old interview with Ken Rolston where he pretty much says that his role in Amalur was to be a name in the box. It's a bad look for these devs that they agree with this bs, but anyway. Bloodlines 2 lol

Absinthe

Arcane
A lot of people don’t see or appreciate what a good voice director does, but trust me, they are a big part of what makes crappy dialogue (I’m referring to mine, especially) sing and suddenly, huh, those lines you wrote hopped up on coffee don’t seem so bad.
Eh, when it comes to KotOR II, a lot of people recognize that Sara Kestelman's voice acting was a large part of what made Kreia as good as it was. I think most people also recognize that Thief just wouldn't be the same game with different voice direction.

But, when it comes to computer game voice direction, it often helps to simply not have any voices at all. It saves a fortune in your budget and being in love with voice acting everything breeds its own kind of spectacular failures, especially since, as noted, there is a world of difference between having voice acting and having good voice acting.

S.torch

Arbiter
I see that he is a lot more firm now and has dropped a good part of that corpo way of talking of nowdays.

Good.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I remember some old interview with Ken Rolston where he pretty much says that his role in Amalur was to be a name in the box. It's a bad look for these devs that they agree with this bs, but anyway. Bloodlines 2 lol

I always felt sorry for Ken that Amalur was the game he retired on. He always sounded so enthusiastic about it when he first started working on it.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
he sounds a bit bitter

He sounds sober, and that's the problem, he just shouldn't write anything in that state. He shouldn't write games in that state. He goes down tumbling into some self-guilt trip (please cancel me now!).

What happened is he just wanted the game to be made, he helped with the pitch, but in his soberness, he didn't have the clarity to see the that the Hardsuit whatever cucks didn't have what it takes to make a game worthy to be called Bloodlines 2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom