Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Christian Computer Games reviews Morrowind: Tribunal 75 %

Rosh

Erudite
Fundamentalist<---------------------->Intelligence

RolfEmerson

Novice
Does it bother anyone else that they will get down on a FPS for displaying blood, while they have no problem with games like Crimson Skies and the MechWarrior/MechCommander series, where the body count can go as high as many first person shooters, but you don't see the results of your actions? A guy sitting in an exploding fighter jet is just as dead as a guy you blast with a shotgun, but because you don't have to look straight at him when you pull the trigger, there is no moral conflict with wasting the poor pilot according to these people! If you are going to b**ch about violence, at least be consistent about it! :evil:

JJ86

Liturgist
Most of the mature ratings in computer games refer to the portrayed killing of people or children. Especially in Europe showing the killing of children is a no-no which is why they were removed from Fallout. Robots or vehicles getting destroyed is ok but animal rights activists are starting to come down on the depictions of killing animals.

At least the Christian Computing Game site is more favorable than the Amish Computer Gaming site.

JJ86

Liturgist
Azael said:
An Amish site on the Internet, isn't that a bit hypocritical?

:D

Here's a good Amish post-apocalyptic book that a lot of Fallout fans might get off on:

The Long Tomorrow by Leigh Brackett

It's an older book that you may be able to find in used book stores.

Megatron

Liturgist
Reviewer of max payne said:
To the games credit, all the enemies are portrayed as very bad people (Mafia, drug dealers, etc..).

I'm glad that a game tells me what to think, I'd hate it if I had to make a decision for myself :roll:

Morrowind review said:
Morag Tong Guild require you to execute people or thieves.

So people are a different species than thieves?

Wow. What a cool bunch of christians. Even there CS clan is called a chapter.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Yeah, don't you find that a little hypocritcal? They complain about games with blood, but they have a CS clan?

Rosh

Erudite
RolfEmerson said:
So, to sum up, murder is bad,unless you cannot look the person in the eye, or if they worship a different invisible man than you do... Right, good to know...

Heh, I see someone's been watching Carlin, right? :D

RolfEmerson

Novice
Egad, that is some good stuff. I am all about kicking Bin Laden's ass, but it's good to take a step back and laugh at the whole thing every once in a while.
Could there be a more slammin' Holy War than declaring war on the Holy One? Now those would be some kick-ass trading cards

P.S. Yea, Get your f**king voltr on!

Insane-Lark

Novice
Allright! Now I can add the Christian Gaming reviews site to my bookmarks. Ought to fit in nicely with Christian Movie Reviews. At this rate I'll never have to think again to keep my family safely entertained. I can also hope to keep any smatterings of free thought & reasoned judgement out of my home. :D

RolfEmerson

Novice
Yep, gotta watch out for that. One day your son is reading Shakespeare, the next morning his brother's ear is full of poison! Break the cycle, dont let the bard kill again! 8)

Dan

Liturgist
Greenskin13 said:
Hey Rosh and St. P. Nice to see some faces from Vault13.net

Hey Greenskin, where have you been?

You should join DAC, if your'e not already there.

Greenskin13

Erudite
Dan said:
Greenskin13 said:
Hey Rosh and St. P. Nice to see some faces from Vault13.net

Hey Greenskin, where have you been?

You should join DAC, if your'e not already there.

Hey Dan, what's up? DAC is too popular, too many messages. I like things in slow pace.

Dan

Liturgist
Greenskin13 said:
Hey Dan, what's up? DAC is too popular, too many messages. I like things in slow pace.

Well, at the rate this forum is growing it looks like there is going to be much more activity here... :roll:

Rosh

Erudite
Dan said:
Well, at the rate this forum is growing it looks like there is going to be much more activity here... :roll:

And Slashdotted, with the current guest number at 46...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom