Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Chronicle: RuneScape Legends (it's not Hearthstone, honest)

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So this caught my eye while browsing Steam. Seems like another mix of a card game and something else (aka Duelyst, Scrolls), with Blizzard style graphics and much, much cheaper prices than Hearthstone.

Played a few games, it seems interesting but I'm still not sure if all those hybrid experiments have any future. Scrolls was stomped into the ground by Hearthstone and this enters an already crowded arena full of competition too. Anyway it's free so download it, try it and most importantly - DISCUSS!

ss_1f512827edc3d66b1a145f4b745da0152eb13131.1920x1080.jpg

Explorerbc

Arcane
I saw it in that sponsored video Kripp posted some time ago

The game is good. Right now I am trying to find any guides about crafting, play modes, rewards etc. because I have no idea what is going on, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of information for new players around.

I am already too invested in Hearthstone and trying to farm rewards for multiple CCGs doesn't sound viable, but I will keep playing this for a while and see how it goes.

Mark Richard

Arcane
Placing up to four cards in a certain order means it’s more likely you’ll be able to implement your deck’s strategy, although it also offers up plenty of opportunities for disruption. In Hearthstone you play a single card and something immediately happens, then you might change your next move accordingly. In Chronicles Runescape you have to commit, placing a few cards before ending the turn and then watching how that plays out. A little detached perhaps, but I prefer this system.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom