Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos mod for Gothic 2

notpl

Arbiter
I remember seeing one of the devs in their discord say something to the effect of "We'd consider it if people wanted to pay us, say 1 mil pol" which sounds so funny in retrospect, since they could probably clear 1 mil USD on kickstarter after the success of CoM for a sequel if they were serious.

ShaggyMoose

Savant
I finally finished the mod and found it generally excellent, at least within the constraints laid down by the Gothic 2 engine. If I had a complaint it would be that access to armour feels quite random/uneven and its a huge determination in your frustration levels. Also, the finale/point of no return wasn't telegraphed well enough and I was disappointed to find out I was locked out of any further quests in chapter 6.

I also only had a single crash the entire time, even though I was using the DX11 mod, which I thought was pretty fucking good. The game engine itself fucked me many more times, with perpetual sliding down rocks, stuck conversations etc.

Kudos to everyone involved!

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
First foreign (aka non-Polish) dubbing is out! Now you have the option to avoid listening to Polish and listen to Russian:

Russian voiceover is now available!
58377aa30cebbd2a971a1a43be7abd7a1955478a.png

Big thanks go to Train Studio for their hard work! They involved many wonderful voice actors, whose voices you know from movies, games and even from the Russian voiceover of original Gothic series.

Russian voiceover will be automatically downloaded if you've selected Russian language in game options.

Have fun!

cruel

Cipher
Anyone else having issues with getting Resource Manager to install things properly? I wanted to setup a gamepad for Archolos (prefer playing from the couch), which seems to translate to keywords Union and zGamepad - followed this guide:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1467450/discussions/0/3198116134631175930/#c3198116134631399940

Resource manager installs OK, but whenever I try to install Player Kit or Union 1.0m, it just says 'successful' without even asking me for a directory to install - ergo, it doesn't install anything. Wondering if this is something funny with Windows 11 or am I missing something here.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
First foreign (aka non-Polish) dubbing is out! Now you have the option to avoid listening to Polish and listen to Russian:

Russian voiceover is now available!
58377aa30cebbd2a971a1a43be7abd7a1955478a.png

Big thanks go to Train Studio for their hard work! They involved many wonderful voice actors, whose voices you know from movies, games and even from the Russian voiceover of original Gothic series.

Russian voiceover will be automatically downloaded if you've selected Russian language in game options.

Have fun!

Damn. I thought this shit couldn't get any shittier, but I am proven wrong, once again.

agris

Arcane
Patron
For anyone that has played with both potato and borscht VOs, how is the ruskie delivery? Varied voices and dramatic intonations? Volume doesn’t oscillate too much?

Fargus

Arcane
For anyone that has played with both potato and borscht VOs, how is the ruskie delivery? Varied voices and dramatic intonations? Volume doesn’t oscillate too much?

I only saw videos but it's at least as good, but i like it more than polish version. And it's not even because polish sounds like diarrhea. Train Studio hired actors from the russian localizations of Gothic games like Polonsky etc, they have Konstantin Karasik famous (among russian gamers) for voicing of Vaas from Far Cry 3 and many other professional actors. Marvin's voice is not as unbearable as in polish version where he sounds like he is half asleep and with down syndrome. I will likely replay Archolos soon because of it.

Anyway you can listen for yourself

But at the end of the day it's probably a choice of which language you hate less lol.

Ryzer

Arcane
Where is the French dubbing? Marvin becoming Martin selling Baguettes in Myrtana would be an improvement imo.

Fargus

Arcane
Where is the French dubbing? Marvin becoming Martin selling Baguettes in Myrtana would be an improvement imo.

I'm surprised germoids don't want to lift a finger to make german fan dub happen despite Gothic franchise being german :\

The chances for Archolos with French and engrish VA are even smaller. If someone makes engrish VA i hope it will be entirely like this masterpiece:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom