Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos mod for Gothic 2

Old One

Arcane
I was going to try installing the Polish voices, but after playing the game with no VA I decided it was unnecessary. It reminds me of the old days when no games had VA.

You can avoid the "Hey you!" pause most of the time by making sure you're standing in front of the person you want to talk to. If you stand behind them you'll get the "Hey you!' thing, which I agree is annoying.

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
I finally managed to beat it yesterday after 117 hours. The sheer scope of this project, not to mention the execution, is insane.
True. History of Khornis team should reconsider ever releasing their mod if they want to avoid humiliation.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
This mod really is outstanding, feels like a proper successor to Gothic 2. I've just become a citizen and now ponder which fraction I should join and whose apprentice I should become. I'm playing with one handed weapons and have already learned quite a few hunting skills. I'd prefer to join the merchants guild, but it seems that they are big on two-handed, so I'd have to train that up. I'm really starved for gold, so I need some apprenticeship to compensate for this. I read that the butcher pays well, but I'm also considering the blacksmith to gain access to good weaponry. However, I'm not sure whether I'll have enough skill points to also learn blacksmithing and it seems that you require a lot of animal trophies to actually craft weapons. Any advice?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'd prefer to join the merchants guild, but it seems that they are big on two-handed

They have no particular focus on either. There are master trainers for both 1h/2h within the guild.

None of the best weapons in the game are faction locked.

Alphons

Cipher
Any advice?

You can get two apprenticeships, but can't finish the second one (you finish your first one in Chapter 4 and then you can work for another master).

It's best to pick a smith, huntress or alchemist first, then butcher or carpenter (personally went with smith first and then carpenter, as I used all meat for cooking).

Don't worry about SPs, if you explore you can find a lot of stat enhancements and weapons that boost your weapon skills. If you have gold you can buy loads of books, potions and stat boosting food. Remember to buy generic books (like the Silbach history), as reading the entire set gives you boosts (mostly health and some mana, but you get some weapon skills, Str and Dex).

Spend SPs on skills. Finished with all hunting skills, max alchemy, pickpocket, smithing. Didn't bother with making bows.

catfood

AGAIN
Can someone help me with this quest?

2022-03-16-15-23-12-Greenshot.png

I swiped the floors and now I think I'm supposed to kill some rats or meatbugs next. I had already killed some meatbugs in a couple of places, but I can't seem to find any anymore. I know it's a shitty side quest but my OCD is going to kill me if I don't solve it.

Alphons

Cipher
I think I'm supposed to kill some rats or meatbugs next. I had already killed some meatbugs in a couple of places, but I can't seem to find any anymore. I know it's a shitty side quest but my OCD is going to kill me if I don't solve it.

There's dirt on the streets. Use broom in your inventory to remove it. It's in different places (artisan street, main market).

You get updates after each area is cleaned.

agris

Arcane
Patron
If you lived in a dirt hovel with no vacuum cleaners and electricity you would probably value someone sweeping up your shit too

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Are weeds good for anything? Somehow I've collected quite a few of them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom