Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos mod for Gothic 2

Alphons

Cipher
Are weeds good for anything? Somehow I've collected quite a few of them.

One of random encounters in Silbach is a beggar that sells you a recipe for a weed soup. It's OK early on. Just don't buy the weeds from him after buying the recipe.

catfood

AGAIN
2022-03-19-17-18-46-Greenshot.png

What great attention to detail. For those who don't know there's this (side?) quest where you have to look for a guy in a forest and you find him dead. By chance I passed through the same spot some time afterwards and he is now a zombie. He's even dressed the way that he was described in the quest. RPG developers should pull out their notebooks and start taking notes.

Mauman

Learned
Yeah, I found that too.

And I was REALLY confused as to why that particular corpse went Walking Dead.

Sure, that forest ain't exactly the nicest place in the world, but it's not cursed like, oh say, the swamp.

Sòren

Arcane
Yeah, I found that too.

And I was REALLY confused as to why that particular corpse went Walking Dead.

Sure, that forest ain't exactly the nicest place in the world, but it's not cursed like, oh say, the swamp.

i thought it was pretty brilliant. there is are at least two other quests that take place in that forest (most probably after that zombie related one), and it gave the location that aura of mystery. because u indeed have no clue what is going on.

deama

Prophet
Been playing this for the past several days, I'm currently on chapter 3 but have spend a days playing it, so far my thoughts are that it's pretty good, easily comparable to a full release title if it wasn't for the graphics. There are a few hiccups though I think.

So far I've encountered a few points in the story where the game sort of takes control away from the player and forces story moments without letting me actually do it myself, e.g.
when you have to go find silva's patrol where he created a mutiny and overthrew the previous leader of the unit, when you meet the sentry to the hideout, it basically goes straight into a cutscene and knocks you out straight, really? At that point I fought some tough beasts and those giant frogman with giant slingshot, and one guy knocks me out where I should have easily been able to defend myself?
Another issue is I've noticed quite a decent amount of invincible enemies when trying to just straight up attack them, very annoying.

Also,
So far the searching for the brother has been a long plotpoint that I don't mind THAT much, but they should have really put in more of an early presentation with the brother so I care about him more, maybe do like a prologue where we're running from Lodram to the boat and your brother helps you a couple of times? Some sort of prologue with a bonding session with the brother.

That's about it really, overall so far, apart from the issues above, the game has been quite good, very well designed island, and I really like how archolos city was done too.

ozonex

Barely Literate
Hi guys, need some serious help. Where exactly is the geyser rune? been searching like a mad dog and cant find it. Searched the entire adanos temple in the swamp (where I read it was) and found nothing. Would appreciate it if you could be very specific on where to find it. Please and thanks.

notpl

Arbiter
Hi guys, need some serious help. Where exactly is the geyser rune? been searching like a mad dog and cant find it. Searched the entire adanos temple in the swamp (where I read it was) and found nothing. Would appreciate it if you could be very specific on where to find it. Please and thanks.
IIRC it's just outside the entrance to the hidden temple in the pirate swamp. Look at the map for a suspicious bay you can only reach from the water.

Kind of shocking how many runes/spellbooks I remember the exact locations of after only playing this once and having played a bunch of things since. They really nailed exploration.

Mauman

Learned
That moment you realize that Dust Devil scrolls require just 4 ore powder after 150+ hours of playing.

:despair:

That moment you realize what this means for the difficulty curve of the game for your 2nd playthrough
:evilcodex:

catfood

AGAIN
For a 1h str melee character/hunter who plans to apprentice with the blacksmith and buy alchemy mastery; is Araxos or the guard more fulfilling?

I’ll probably save before making the decision and end up trying both but I’m curious if there’s a consensus.

They both have a melee/ranged path. For the merchants guild you can become a swordsman or a tracker. I believe guards also have a similar path.

Both have pretty comparable vendors and armours, so more a case of pick the one you prefer the "feel" of.
How do I become a tracker? I'm in chapter 3 and Adelard can make me a mercenary but I have a bow build so tracker is probably the best choice? Who can make me into a tracker?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
For a 1h str melee character/hunter who plans to apprentice with the blacksmith and buy alchemy mastery; is Araxos or the guard more fulfilling?

I’ll probably save before making the decision and end up trying both but I’m curious if there’s a consensus.

They both have a melee/ranged path. For the merchants guild you can become a swordsman or a tracker. I believe guards also have a similar path.

Both have pretty comparable vendors and armours, so more a case of pick the one you prefer the "feel" of.
How do I become a tracker? I'm in chapter 3 and Adelard can make me a mercenary but I have a bow build so tracker is probably the best choice? Who can make me into a tracker?

IIRC, you do the quests for the tracker captain (the guy with the hood, I forget his name) and the next time Lorenzo offers to promote you he lets you choose between joining Adelard or the Tracker.

catfood

AGAIN

IIRC, you do the quests for the tracker captain (the guy with the hood, I forget his name) and the next time Lorenzo offers to promote you he lets you choose between joining Adelard or the Tracker.
Hmm, I already did the quests for him but I didn't get any new dialogue option. The last quest I did was one where you have to check several spots on the island to see what monsters lurk there.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hmm, I already did the quests for him but I didn't get any new dialogue option. The last quest I did was one where you have to check several spots on the island to see what monsters lurk there.

You don't actually get the choice to join trackers or the swordmen until Lorenzo next offers you a promotion.

Old One

Arcane
I'm nearing the end of my second time through, and one thing I notice is that you can still find lots of little side quests even late in the game. It pays to go slow, even in Chapter 5, and take your time wandering around talking to people you already know in places you've already been.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I'm in chapter 3 now and I have two questions:
  1. I'm still carrying the cure for Jorn around and it seems like the search will take even more time. Can I drink it myself? I've read that it boosts HP
  2. Where can I buy the recipe for perma strength potions? I'm a blacksmith apprentice.
Thanks!

agris

Arcane
Patron
What great attention to detail. For those who don't know there's this (side?) quest where you have to look for a guy in a forest and you find him dead. By chance I passed through the same spot some time afterwards and he is now a zombie. He's even dressed the way that he was described in the quest. RPG developers should pull out their notebooks and start taking notes.
This game puts almost all modern RPGs to shame. I hope the creative leads don't have their minds destroyed by working professionally in the industry.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom