Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos mod for Gothic 2

notpl

Arbiter
I have reached the point where I have a choice whether to remain with the mercenaries or to go my own way. On the one hand I kinda want the hoodie armor, but on the other Lorenzo is really getting on my nerves. Regardless I did not expect to get this type of choice. Does the story change significantly afterwards depending on what I choose?
Nah, it's just a change of armor and some new inventory with water mages. No reason not to do it unless you have lategame fatigue and just want to move on (which is understandable)

Testicules

Educated
Started this last night. Playing a new genuine no-shit Gothic in 2022 is just an absolute joy. I can't believe I didn't hear about this sooner, but I'm gonna avoid reading through this thread so I can go in more or less blind.

Two things:
1. Just found out there's a potato voice pack you need to download separately. I think the trend toward voicing everything in games is generally a negative, but I remember thinking Gothic games did it right. This is probably worth adding, yes?
2. I'm donating $50 or EUR or whatever the fuck to these heroes and putting a Polish flag in my twitter bio

catfood

AGAIN
DONE AND DONE. 101 hours (skipped all the dialogue cuz who wants to listen to potatospeak lol)

mPO1W8B.png

3iOY1vB.png

Vq1gr1Y.png

ZLtIM1j.png

ZLtIM1j.png

cFxpssH.png

xJvWvRd.png

vtrIyLN.png

6JDNk7W.png

xB9ITNx.png

rnI25oI.png

nXlqFJA.png

avlvri0.png

agAgeSj.png

tCRc67u.png

5QnmIVS.png

2mfmjZc.png

RmzDWLO.png

7tjPAKY.png

oSon7Sx.png

lcEAdNK.png

dLIzhvI.png

GPeKMWP.png

Y1Nfj3U.png

G1iS7KC.png

uvimiVp.png

A8Sc4i1.png

xdWJcUb.png

BN8OjbB.png

PZm3FdK.png

FYeDSc3.png

pWwNPLT.png

thm98ed.png

PdRYG1c.png

cY760jM.png

yOz3zO6.png

1qOSknc.png

oLfix5a.png

S6WwwiE.png

gJOmVrc.png

2A8QRM1.png

XEsd570.png

yy3ggI3.png

59pSPxp.png

GMc7OFa.png

ar7XXHW.png

OSsaMcE.png

UNKal9F.png

CpsRgX8.png

FGeRU7w.png

FPwbgnK.png

t0CZnnx.png

dWVQPpG.png

lXrZuVU.png

8FyM4hD.png

XMogWcT.png

JAyJa7r.png

7moCtAB.png

bdrWZvE.png

lbO6xn9.png

hi6HIye.png

Great game. Puts Larian, Obsidishit, InEptile etc. to shame. I shall eat potatoes tonight in honor of everyone who worked on this.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Great game. Puts Larian, Obsidishit, InEptile etc. to shame.
The next time you read someone defending why mediocre product A, B or C was released by one of those houses, keep in mind that this exists, was made by a team of amateurs and was completely free. By realizing that "fans" are making excuses for developers who owe them nothing, and the quality of the games they make is down in the basement, you can see that the biggest problem with our hobby is what is tolerated and even celebrated by the consumer.

Don't settle for less, demand more.

Blutwurstritter

Learned
Is the story of Archolos tied to the story of Gothic 1 or Gothic 2? After replaying both G1/2 almost back to back my Gothic hunger is satisfied for the moment but if the mod has many tie-ins I would pick it up rather sooner than later.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is the story of Archolos tied to the story of Gothic 1 or Gothic 2? After replaying both G1/2 almost back to back my Gothic hunger is satisfied for the moment but if the mod has many tie-ins I would pick it up rather sooner than later.

There are plenty of tie-ins, it's set in the Gothic universe after all.

Rarre

Educated
So.. this is good? I stopped playing games until 2023 because all is shit and work, family stuff, I will comeback in 2023 with a dominions5 campaing and maybe with this singleplayer...
after a year of non gaming the average games look like shit... the good ones looks average... Is it worth it?

notpl

Arbiter
So.. this is good? I stopped playing games until 2023 because all is shit and work, family stuff, I will comeback in 2023 with a dominions5 campaing and maybe with this singleplayer...
after a year of non gaming the average games look like shit... the good ones looks average... Is it worth it?
Nah, don't bother. We were all just pretending to love it for 87 pages.

Arryosha

Learned
Supposing this was a standalone PB release, where would you rank it among their other titles?

deama

Prophet
I would rate this inbetween gothic 1 and 2. I prefer gothic 2 the most still, but archolos is still pretty good, it's just that it has a few annoyances in the story that I don't like too much, gothic 1/2 don't really have those.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Supposing this was a standalone PB release, where would you rank it among their other titles?
As others said, easily on par with Gothic 1 & 2. I don't say this lightly, I can't think of another RPG TC that I would say that about. While some of the OG Fallout TCs are good in their own right, none rise to the level of Fallout 1.

Archolololos rather easily, and thus surprisingly, is up there with Gothic 1. Yes, there are more invulnerable NPCs and it's a *bit* more narrative heavy in certain ways, but puts Risen 1 to shame, for example. I won't subject myself to G3 so I can't compare it to that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom