Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos mod for Gothic 2

deama

Prophet
I wonder what they'll do next, I'm hoping finally put gothic series to rest with their own version of gothic 3.

Whatever the case may be, I'm hoping they'll do something interesting with the gothic fomular now, because starting off as weak and progressing to almost demi-god is always fun, but not for so long, especially with a similar fomular.

Maybe we could play as the Orcs in the sequel or something.

thesecret1

Arcane
Supposing this was a standalone PB release, where would you rank it among their other titles?
I'd go ahead and rate it slightly above Gothic 2, even. It's just much more polished and with various new mechanics that Gothic 2 didn't have, and I love all the attention to detail that went into it. Seeing your choices impact the world around you is also something excellent that Gothic 2 lacked IMO.

They'll do nothing. They're through with Gothic.
It's a great shame. I wish they'd try start their own Gothic clone; I'd happily support it on kickstarter or wherever.

mkultra

Augur
I know that one dev left because the rest of the team says there's not gonna be any updates until this person comes back, post on Steam forums.. So i guess that's him.

Ryzer

Prophet
Vatnik
What I find disappointing however is the lack of options for resolving side-quests. Most of the time, there is no other option than the linear path.
As a result, I will finish it once, never to replay it again.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I know that one dev left because the rest of the team says there's not gonna be any updates until this person comes back, post on Steam forums.. So i guess that's him.

The latest version is relatively polished and stable, so probably not the end of the world. Shame though, as they had plans for a veteran/hard mode.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine

The latest version is relatively polished and stable, so probably not the end of the world. Shame though, as they had plans for a veteran/hard mode.
Look's like hardcore mode is still in the plans...

hardcoren4j0e.png

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1467450/discussions/0/3389534247568663162/

GewuerzKahn

Savant
Finished it last week. Took me about 100 hours.

After Enderal and Archolos I should look more into fanmods. I really loved it.

Alphons

Cipher
IIrc there is already a machine translation, are people actively working on translating it properly?

I think they have a Discord server.

Couple months ago project lead posted an update that they've finished more than there's left to do and if he had to estimate, in the worst case scenario (only him doing the rest of work) he'd finish before the end of 2023.

Obviously the expansion is going to add extra work for them.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1467450/view/3326485122228293560
All Events > The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos Events >

The Chronicles of Myrtana: Archolos is now available in German!
89e0467353b5040fa01fe814d768585839f10126.png

Big thanks go to everyone in German community who translated the game!

If you intend to switch to the German localization, right click on CoM: Archolos in your Steam library, choose "Properties" and go to the "Language" tab.

To report translation bugs in the German version, we recommend posting them on our Discord.

Other localizations that are actively being worked on are: Russian, Italian, Spanish and Czech.

If you want to help translating the game into your own language or help the existing translation teams, get in touch with us on our Discord.

Have fun!

curds

Magister
Holy shit, anyone here killed Big Ben in fair combat? (i.e. melee combat, no spells or tricks).

I'm finding him fucking impossible, it's making me rage. He seems to have a two-attack combo that doesn't give you time to recover from blocking the first attack, meaning you're guaranteed to take damage. Maybe I'm just not as skilled at Gothic combat as I thought.

I know it's not required that you defeat him, but I feel that I must.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Holy shit, anyone here killed Big Ben in fair combat? (i.e. melee combat, no spells or tricks).

I'm finding him fucking impossible, it's making me rage. He seems to have a two-attack combo that doesn't give you time to recover from blocking the first attack, meaning you're guaranteed to take damage. Maybe I'm just not as skilled at Gothic combat as I thought.

Really? I defeated him on arena in like two tries as far as i remember.

curds

Magister

wtf, really? What level were you roughly? I'm like level 24-25, can't be arsed booting up the game to be certain.

Zariusz

Arbiter

wtf, really? What level were you roughly? I'm like level 24-25, can't be arsed booting up the game to be certain.
I dont remember really and i dont have any saves from arena.

agris

Arcane
Patron

Yeah he was a pushover for 1h str melee at least. I may have hasted myself but I don’t even remember if Archolololos has scrolls of haste or not.

Tygrende

Arbiter

I didn't have any issues defeating him either, he could only hit me after using his knockdown move, which I think is avoidable too. Try backstepping instead of blocking, that way you shouldn't be in reach for the 2nd attack.

Yeah he was a pushover for 1h str melee at least. I may have hasted myself but I don’t even remember if Archolololos has scrolls of haste or not.
There's no haste, but there's a slow you can cast on him from a scroll.

Mauman

Learned
I beat him with a one-hand str melee. He did hurt me pretty bad though.

I oddly enough had more trouble killing him with my crossbow guy. Still got him eventually though.

curds

Magister
Damn, I guess I just need to git gud. Was kinda hoping everyone would agree that he's fucking hard and not hurt my ego as much.

Surely I am underlevelled or something. Haven't really had too much trouble with anything else in the game, so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom