Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos mod for Gothic 2

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Only heard about this today and I am already more excited than about any other upcoming RPG release.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
apparently they got some prominent polish TV actors to voice some of the characters, which is crazy impressive for a fan game. reminded me of enderal, which I don't remember any big celebrities, but I think there are some decently prominent people in the VA industry in there.

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
apparently they got some prominent polish TV actors to voice some of the characters, which is crazy impressive for a fan game. reminded me of enderal, which I don't remember any big celebrities, but I think there are some decently prominent people in the VA industry in there.
More importantly, they got original voices to return. In fact, honoring the original cast was a big part of the first idea for the mod, before the groups split.

EDIT: I just realized it will release exactly one year after Cyberprank. This couldn't possibly be a coincidence.

Last edited:

covr

Prophet
Patron
Have they changed something with the engine? It looks a bit better than Vanilla G2

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
In celebration of the upcoming release I brofisted everyone ITT. Except Jvegi who can go fuck himself.
I hope it's not going to suck. Although if it did it would be worth it just to see your butthurt wailing cries of dissapointment.

Believing poles, amateurs at that, are capable of making a good crpg. How fabulously optimistic.

Seriously, I'm not going to get excited for a fan-made campaign. It could be great but it's likely to be a shitty mess, like most of the story based mods are.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
while we're at it, how's the other big ish gothic 2 mods? i have installed velaya years ago, but I decided I needed a break, and during playing smaller games my old laptop broke and I never got to play it. Legend of Asshun, etc.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
ss_abe9558969a40f6b8edf04bcac1b76b19a4ef22c.jpg

:prosper:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1467450/discussions/0/3198115339544084906/
Hello. English subtitles are translated by translator DeepL, not Google.
Then we proofread WHOLE translation on Crowdin.
If it's good, we accept it.
If it's bad, for example "broń" in Polish means "weapon" in general, if translator decided to put "gun" there, which is wrong, since there is no guns in Gothic, we have to correct it.

I closed nearly all the topics because they were already dead or answered etc.
We're getting ready for the official release. They weren't needed.
oh dear

Hi, CoM is more or less like g2NOTR, with that exception, CoM is easier in the begginig.
Later there are some difficulty spikes to make player know and feel that it's not so easy as one can expect.
You can always be killed even though you're strong.

For now we are really satisfied with difficulty of the mod.

Tiny reminder that Returning 1 in Potato version was way harder than original russian version. Imagine those terrible STALKER mods with "fuck you, cyka" diffculty and apply there.
Them saying they're satisfied might have double meaning and not necessary good for average folk.

I've never finished G2. How long is it? Maybe it's the right time to play it again, finish it before mod drops. Sounds like a plan.

Average RPG lenght - 30h or so. First 10h are p. slow due to character being pushover.

Last edited:

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I use google translate to translate chemistry science papers from polish into english and the results are almost flawless. It's literally one mistake per 10 sentences, and it's more often than not a mistake in the original text that confuses the program. Doing it manually doesn't make sense.

It's propably not as good when dealing with prose, but I can see it being efficient and satisfactory with proper proofreading.

Salvo

Arcane

If it's bad, for example "broń" in Polish means "weapon" in general, if translator decided to put "gun" there, which is wrong, since there is no guns in Gothic, we have to correct it.

oh dear

Don't underestimate the power of machine translation, a LOT of translation work being down nowadays consists of exactly what those lads are doing, namely hiring a professional translator to proofread the work done by a machine

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron

oh dear

Don't underestimate the power of machine translation, a LOT of translation work being down nowadays consists of exactly what those lads are doing, namely hiring a professional translator to proofread the work done by a machine
I think it works better in certain type of text, but sadly literature and dialogues aren't one of them, but fuck it as long as i can play another gothic i dont mind shitty translation

Salvo

Arcane

oh dear

I think it works better in certain type of text, but sadly literature and dialogues aren't one of them, but fuck it as long as i can play another gothic i dont mind shitty translation
Atmosphere DOES suffer for it, but then again competent translators are expensive and most people aren't willing to shoulder the cost, it's much cheaper to hire someone to proofread instead. Translation is a cutthroat business, and a field that's going to be hit HARD by automation save literature, as you mentioned

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom