Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition remaster

Late Bloomer

Scholar
The Japanese version was censored too. Sissy was changed to intolerant.
めめしい” (memeshii, which can mean “effeminate” or “sissy”) was swapped out for “器が小せえ” (utsuwa ga chiisae, which can mean “intolerant” or “narrow-minded”)

Bigg Boss

Arcane
sCOwkzm.jpeg
https://chrono.fandom.com/wiki/Marcy

why can't weebs go 5 seconds without being pedophiles

This was actually going to be my exact comment. A FALLOUT 76 FANBOY I AM AGREEING WITH. What a world.

if you ask me. I thought it was more bizarre than anything that they would bother to remaster this because it wasn't even making fanboys jizz themselves on the original release date almost 25 years ago.

Yeah, there are multiple Square games I can think of that I'd have rather seen re-released.

Vagrant Story, Parasite Eve 1 & 2, Xenogears... that's just off the top of my head.

Then again at this rate the ass-less chaps in Vagrant Story will be replaced by pillows.

flyingjohn

Arcane
The Japanese version was censored too. Sissy was changed to intolerant.
めめしい” (memeshii, which can mean “effeminate” or “sissy”) was swapped out for “器が小せえ” (utsuwa ga chiisae, which can mean “intolerant” or “narrow-minded”)
Wow,it is almost like censorship doesn't stop at panties and uses a "INSERT ENDAGERED STUFF" as a shield to change stuff to fit the censor moral values.
Nah,changing the word sissy and a straw doll accent are all done to protect da children,right?

Viata

Arcane
As long as you play western cucked games, including Japanese devs that have become too westernized. Which should be avoided by any sane person.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Hey guys did you know pedophiles use childlike media to lure and groom kids? I WONDER IF VIATA KNOWS THAT?

Ayreos

Augur
Is it this another episode of the people screeching about pedophilia turning out to be pedophiles themselves? It's so tiresome.
Not that it matters, if you want to play retro console games you need the original hardware or at the very least a proper emulator setup with scanlines, a monitor with the correct color profile and decent blacks. These upscale projects are nothing other than abominations in the best of cases. It would be better to use the original concept art and remake the pre-rendered backgrounds from scratch. Until then, you're exchanging cash for worse than nothing.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Typical SE to rely on modders to fix and polish their shit, huh?

Considering that majority of sales will happen on Switch (if the port was fine, of course), it's more like they care much less about their games than modders.

Repressed Homosexual
This game was supposed to be a masterpiece but it's a total disappointment.

Totally incoherent story that makes no sense. Repetitive and boring combat that gives you nothing. Obnoxious and generic characters you don't care about. Almost no real variation in the environments.

It gives me a headache and puts me to sleep at the same time.

The only good thing about it what the intro FMV.

Nobody cares about Chrono Cross and it shows. Everyone just wants more Chrono Trigger.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Totally incoherent story that makes no sense
It makes sense,but it is still stupid and bloated by trying to tackle a lot of stuff(fate,pollution,nature vs technology,etc) and failing hard.
Repetitive and boring combat that gives you nothing
The combat gives you materials which you will need to buy weapons/armor.You can also get elements with traps and items with steal.
Sprigg also learns enemy forms from combat.
The system feels unrewarding because the usual combat reward jrpg system has added a additional step that was not needed.
Obnoxious and generic characters you don't care about
Minus Kid,not really seeing this.
Most of the characters barely get any screen time to be obnoxious.
Generic,no.This game has :
-A pirate
-A mushroom
-Clown girl
-Wrestler
-Old stage magician
-Robot
Generic ,party members they are not.You could potentially break the tropes down by type(animal/plant guy and similar),but even then the deign are unique enough.
cGc

The picture speaks for itself.
Almost no real variation in the environments.
Hell no.Some locations:

Mi5qcGc

LmpwZw

There is a major tropical theme(which is the point).But,there is plenty of variations.I mean just compare any of the starting locations to the dead isle.
And even among the tropical locations there is plenty of difference in detail.
The only good thing about it what the intro FMV.
And the music,and the graphics are pretty good for a psx game.

Reality

Learned
The field system and psuedo action point thing were always interesting to me but since enemies care so weak you don't really get to experiment with them

Auto criticals are one of the biggest offenders and make this game feel closer to paper Mario difficulty than 90s squeenix (which isn't that high to begin with)

flyingjohn

Arcane
The field system
I love the field system in theory,but there are two big flaws:
-Limited to three colors and colors getting pushed out is tedious.
Example:
Black-Green-yellow. Anything you do do pushes the black out.If you want 3 x Black field you need to 3x black elements.This is tedious and the field spells are a cheap admittance that the system was flawed.
It is confusing that there are no elements to hold colors or mix them? After all,it is colors,there should have been something here.
-Colors limit you party selection
Colors effect both you and the enemies.With three party members only and a not so balanced selection of elements per characters(not to mention it effects physical attacks as well),it feels annoying.
The game is too easy so you don't have to care about it though.

Mauman

Learned
I can see the argument for adding bloomers to the little girl, but the dialogue changes are just....WHY?!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom