Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Cibele - "Cibele is a game about love, sex, and the internet"

Angthoron

Arcane
On second thought, those that can't get even get a relationship over the internet while wearing pink hair and posing as a girl might find this game titillating.

This game has a market.

Kz3r0

Arcane
After date sims we have cam-chat sims, what's next, fap sims where your character masturbates but not you?

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Welp. Games I like to play are usually about things I can't do in real life. I can't be a magic floating entity moving groups of soldiers or vehicles across a map. I can't rocket jump. I can't shoot fireballs.

I can, however, become a girl and have my first relationship as a girl.

So yeah, no. Pass.

IcwWLd9.jpg

There's no way you could look more pathetic than that guy, come on, it's pure Lovecraftian Horror Fantasy.

T. Reich

Arcane
If this was true, rom coms and The Sims would be more popular to the "average person" than Mad Max and Fallout 4.

Woah. You ever seen the approximate sales figures for the Sims franchise? If you did, you wouldn't be saying that! Shit like Mad Max has NOTHING on The Sims! Admittedly, currently the series is likely not the same cash cow it was at the time of S1-3, but still...

Farage

Arcane
Patron
I hate to be that kind of person, but can we just not give attention to this piece of garbage?
Please?

Alfons

Prophet
After date sims we have cam-chat sims, what's next, fap sims where your character masturbates but not you?
I'm sure Japan already has something like that.

I hate to be that kind of person, but can we just not give attention to this piece of garbage?
Please?
All the attention she's getting amounts to little more than being the butt of a joke. Although it would be funny if her game receives the same type of attention as FO4.

For years and years, hearing stuff on the radio, it always felt like there were way too many bands out there making music. Now it's pretty clear there are way too many fuckin' people making games.

Norfleet

If this was true, rom coms and The Sims would be more popular to the "average person" than Mad Max and Fallout 4.
But...uh...it is? Sims sold 125M copies to Fallout 3's 12M. We're talking an order of magnitude larger here. I'm sure you can play with these numbers more factoring in spin-offs, sequels, and whatnot, but those numbers won't favor Mad Max and Fallout.

A user named cat

I believe this is the same Zoe clone SJW that showed up in that horrible indie game documentary on Steam that featured nothing but hipster rainbow twinkers who don't shower.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/357460

That thing is prime proof of Steam's "review" system being a complete joke. Visiting the store front would have you believe this garbage was very positively received. Click on the link and you'll see the vast majority of reviews are actually thumbs down and tearing it apart. All the positive Gamerghazi safe space reviews have about a 10% agreed rate on average.

Norfleet

I want to know if there's the part where, like any sap who tries to find "love" on the INTERNET, the character is raped, murdered, dismembered, and stuffed into a fridge or dumpster.

Because that's what happens when you meet people from the Internet, someone is getting axe-murdered. NO TWO PEOPLE ARE NOT AXE-MURDERERS.

Alex

Arcane
I want to know if there's the part where, like any sap who tries to find "love" on the INTERNET, the character is raped, murdered, dismembered, and stuffed into a fridge or dumpster.

Because that's what happens when you meet people from the Internet, someone is getting axe-murdered. NO TWO PEOPLE ARE NOT AXE-MURDERERS.

What if both of them are axe murderers? Can true love blossom?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
If this was true, rom coms and The Sims would be more popular to the "average person" than Mad Max and Fallout 4. The reason they're not is because people don't play games to do things they already experience in real life. Or do she really think only terrorists and cops play Counter Strike?

The first three Sims titles are all 10 million+ sellers. That is extremely popular. They botched it with the fourth though.

Les-Sims-4-Cover-art.jpg

They deserved it too. "We want the hipster audience," not even once.

Venser

Erudite

I believe this is the same Zoe clone SJW that showed up in that horrible indie game documentary on Steam that featured nothing but hipster rainbow twinkers who don't shower.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/357460

Goddammit, I know this is gonna be terrible but John Romero is on one of the screenshots so now I kinda want to see it. MUST...RESIST...MUST NOT...SUCK IT DOWN...

He's gonna be in there for like 5 seconds isn't he?

Cadmus

Arcane
Normies like The Sims way more than Fallout. Normies don't universally like shooting people or even violence in their games.

ultimanecat

Arcane
Yes, but normies do expect some base amount of gameplay or interaction. My girlfriend barely plays anything and she hates these hipster "games" probably more than I do, because they're not fun and their meager stories are shitty compared to equivalent books, movies, and television. In fact, she hates any game that makes her sit and watch or read something for more than a couple minutes, because that's not what "playing a game" means. Make no mistake, these indie clique games are just as much the product of insular thinking and a captive press as the most insipid AAA stuff, just on a much, much smaller scale.

Kefka1134

Yes, but normies do expect some base amount of gameplay or interaction. My girlfriend barely plays anything and she hates these hipster "games" probably more than I do, because they're not fun and their meager stories are shitty compared to equivalent books, movies, and television. In fact, she hates any game that makes her sit and watch or read something for more than a couple minutes, because that's not what "playing a game" means. Make no mistake, these indie clique games are just as much the product of insular thinking and a captive press as the most insipid AAA stuff, just on a much, much smaller scale.

Would rather play a game that has heavy atmosphere, dialogue, etc, than one that's supposedy a "real game" like the likes of Uncharted or Skyrim or something which are actually insanely high in dialogue, linearity, and overall make inventory management the sole game design idea. They've developed kind of hipster miragery to make it seem like they are the vanguard of open worlds and such though.

Skyrim is mostly a chore, for instance, complete this, complete that, complete the other thing, one thing after another, task after task after task, with reams of dialogue, linear dungeons, and auto-fast traveling.

You pretty much simply can't play it organically, it's impossible, thus you are the mercy of your quest markers.

Anyway, that's one reason these non-games like Cibele pop up on my radar, if nothing else she's kind of just being honest about her lack of desire to make a ground up Mario campaign.

Or sometimes the people who say "gameplay first" they throw things like League of Legends in my face which is basically one of the least gameplay oriented game I've played, it's basically liike Office Space, the game-job.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

Would rather play a game that has heavy atmosphere, dialogue, etc, than one that's supposedy a "real game" like the likes of Uncharted or Skyrim or something which are actually insanely high in dialogue, linearity, and overall make inventory management the sole game design idea. They've developed kind of hipster miragery to make it seem like they are the vanguard of open worlds and such though.

Skyrim is mostly a chore, for instance, complete this, complete that, complete the other thing, one thing after another, task after task after task, with reams of dialogue, linear dungeons, and auto-fast traveling.

You pretty much simply can't play it organically, it's impossible, thus you are the mercy of your quest markers.

Anyway, that's one reason these non-games like Cibele pop up on my radar, if nothing else she's kind of just being honest about her lack of desire to make a ground up Mario campaign.

Or sometimes the people who say "gameplay first" they throw things like League of Legends in my face which is basically one of the least gameplay oriented game I've played, it's basically liike Office Space, the game-job.
:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

Venser

Erudite

Which reminds me of how I failed to beat Morrowind. I lost track of the main quest early on and just roamed the map. Then I got to final boss Dagoth Ur and he kicked my ass harder than 13 year old no life LoL player. So I got the best weapons and armor you can get in the game, I maxed out all my stats, casted all the protective spells on myself and summoned hordes of monsters to help me fight this God. I managed to drop him into lava which slowed down his regeneration and I used flight to get close and showered him with arrows and fireballs. I managed to get him down to 1/3rd HP before I ran out of juice. I was so desperate I even tried to become a vampire so I get some extra strength before giving up. Later I found out that you are supposed to beat him with some item you got from a quest and with it the whole fight is a walk in a park.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom