Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cinematic trailer and imminent release.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
The trailer is done!

Thank you all for supporting the decision to delay the game, I'm much happier with it now than I was back in March. Still working on getting everything ready for the final release. The last testing round was very much free of bugs so I'm hopeful for a release in the coming month, but I don't want to promise anything yet. We still need to tweak some things.

HeatEXTEND requested an 'In A World' intro, and I'm always happy to oblige.

What do you think?

PS I still need to record some of the voice cast, which is proving difficult as two of the cast members are now living abroad. If I can't get it done in the coming weeks, the game is shipping with only the first line of each conversation voiced to set the tone. I'm sure many of you prefer it that way to begin with -and I personally prefer reading, too-, but it could be a deal breaker for others. Any thoughts? I could always release a voice pack as free DLC later on.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
MF I saw this trailer appear last night already but was waiting for you to post it. Beta version?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
If the trailer is representative of the VO in the rest of the game, I think the less of it, the better :M

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
MF I saw this trailer appear last night already but was waiting for you to post it. Beta version?

Yeah, last night's version should have been set on private. It had some sound issues.
If the trailer is representative of the VO in the rest of the game, I think the less of it, the better :M

Of course it's not. Voice acting and VO are two completely different things.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
So 80s trailer dude went to Titan, became Titan's founding father and now official Titan accent is YOU'D NEVER GUESS IT IN A MILLIOOON YEARS! :yeah:

Overall, I'd rate feeling trailer left on me with 80s/10. Rest easy, for an indie's first shot at RPG, you did well. Well, so far

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Wow, nothing gets past you, does it? :)

I was going to make a new post, but have so much on my plate right now that I couldn't get around to it today. The game is done and scheduled for release August 1st. Yes, that is a Thursday. Steam could delay it a couple of days because I'm cutting it a bit close by uploading the latest build tomorrow, but it will definitely be out this week!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Good grief. 2019, the year when half of the indie RPG releases came out on August 1st.

Feel free to make that new post anyway btw.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Good grief. 2019, the year when half of the indie RPG releases came out on August 1st.

Feel free to make that new post anyway btw.

I'll get to that tomorrow, I really need some sleep right now.

Only the Underrail expansion -and the Colony Ship demo, I suppose?- was on my radar, but yeah, a lot of stuff is coming out. We'll see how that works out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom