Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Circle of 8 7.0 just came out.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
pipka said:
Do not play TOEE CO8! It has Cloud's sword in! Avoid like hell!
This. I'm serious, though.

Phelot

Arcane
Mrowak said:
Jasede said:
pipka said:
This. I'm serious, though.

Who is Cloud and why should I give a fuck? :rpgcodex:

sZtCI.jpg

If you support Co8 then you support Animu Hell

NewFag

Educated
ToEE is like eating a delicious pie, while some asshole smacks you on the head when you least expect it and pisses all over you. It's a blast to play, but the glitches and crashes will give you headaches and make you wonder if it's worth getting pissed on.

How can something so good cause so much grief? :(

Gregz

Arcane
Well, in my case it was late-game after doing a bunch of item crafting.

The game would crash on save, and I could never figure out which item was causing the problem...because I crafted and equipped like 20 of them.

It was quite a while ago so I don't remember the details, but it was a crafted item crashing my game, and my backup before that was -15 hours so I ragequit. :x

Shadenuat

Arcane
I had the same problem as Gregz, though I read C8 forums and avoided qsaves like plague, only used regular ones. Still near the end of the game most of my saves became corrupted and game crashed again.. and again.. and again.. it could also be Teleport spell IMO.

Teepo

Scholar
Party suggestions: 2 fighters (example: a barbarian and a monk; a fighter and a paladin) druid &\or cleric, sorcerer &\ or wizard.

Paladins are amazing. Perhaps a paladin, dual wield human fighter, druid, sorcerer and wizard. Wizard could be level 1 rogue and 9 wizard. Needs to be 18 int and 18 dex though.

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
More than two dedicated arcane or divine spellcasters can be over powered in TOEE, even in the new content up through the 6.0s. If you really want to have more than one, consider doing a ranger or a bard. Even then, I usually multiclass my primary arcane spellcaster, usually rogue/wizard or rogue/sorcerer, with the CHA to be party leader. (I see the poster above recommends the same)

I would envy a barbarian party playthrough--barbarian, druid, ranger, and rogue/sorcerer all of chaotic neutral alignment. Use some exotic weapons, get stuck with that cleaver wielding killjoy, LARP like mad.

Fuck, that's what I'm going to do when I download the new patch.

deuxhero

Arcane
Teepo said:
Paladins are amazing.

What?

I mean if you like being able to do use your charisma to hit/attack twice a day and heal a rather small number of hitpoints. In exchange, you get immunity to fear (I can recall a total of one enemy that actually uses it, and excluding random encounters, there is one wailing banshee in the game, and it's at a point you can curbstomp it), detect evil (the only thing you are expected to fight that isn't evil are animals and the construct for the water temple), spells that aren't worth the action, diplomacy, except you can't use the most useful options without falling and uh cha to saves, which means the class does nothing after level 2.

In exchange, you miss out on some cool party members, and you can't even get the full power of the best weapon in the game.

CG Barb/fighter/Ranger (2 at 1, rest of the levels in barb or ranger) that specializes in tripping untill you can full PA with one of the swords is as good as melee gets in ToEE.

Teepo

Scholar
deuxhero said:
In exchange, you miss out on some cool party members, and you can't even get the full power of the best weapon in the game.

Well you don't need to get the best weapons because you have a paladin. Also nobody wants the gay evil monk that betrays you or moat cleric guy. Playing paladin isn't restrictive at all.

So you're saying the drawback of being a paladin is you don't get to take part in the majestic drinking contest and you don't get to use cloud's sword?

Who cares?

Comparing strictly class wise he is OP, imo.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
With the prolonged drought of good RPGs, and RPGs in general, I will give TOEE with CO8 mod a playthrough after another replay of Mutants Rising demo. Too bad that there is no "skip Homlet" mod. Or is there?

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
Co8 NC is effectively a skip Hommlet mod. Ask around, you'll get a dungeon scaled for level 1 characters and you don't have to do Hommlet if you don't feel like it. Won't stop you, if you like Hommlet though.

Also, too lazy to link to where I said it before, but you could always be a man and just do Emridy Meadows without Hommlet quests or the Co8 NC dungeon.

Cynic

Arcane
Hmm looks awesome. What are The Rabbit Hole and Scarlet Brotherhood, are these new or were they in v 6 and I just missed them?

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Co8 NC is effectively a skip Hommlet mod. Ask around, you'll get a dungeon scaled for level 1 characters and you don't have to do Hommlet if you don't feel like it. Won't stop you, if you like Hommlet though.

Also, too lazy to link to where I said it before, but you could always be a man and just do Emridy Meadows without Hommlet quests or the Co8 NC dungeon.
Still, a proper "press a button and wipe Hommlet of the map completely" mod would be Awesome (TM)

Father Walker

Potato Ranger

Wait, really? Bros, reply fast please, because I'm installing TOEE right now and don't want to infest my game with some anime crap.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom