Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Civilization VI - Now available, so you can sink all your free time into it

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
It's gonna be shit. 1 unit per tile and shit. Civilization franchize becomes dumber and dumber with each iteration. It loses common sence functions each time this retards from Firaxis decide to touch this game. CivV did not posess even half of CivIV features. City governors were unable to rearrange citizens without plunging them into starvation, AI knew only massive attack tactics. It is all such a trivial crap but Firaxis managed to repeat ALL mistakes and flaws from all spectrum of strategy games from the past decade. I have no faith in CivVI. It will be dumbed down mediocricy, with facebook and twitter integration, or even with microtransactions.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
This is exactly my face reading this ^ :

giphy.gif

Dis gon b gud

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Could it be zoomed in? Maybe the map looks better from a bigger distance. I can hardly imagine this being the full screen as it seems to contain way to few hexes.

tripedal

Augur
I can't even imagine what went on in the meeting where they decided to go with "mobile f2p shovelware" for the art style. What the hell?

Graphically it reminds me of the console Civ, Civ Revolution.

I haven't cared about Civ ever since Civ III. Can't be bothered with this, either.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
My first Civ was 5, and I hear a lot about how much further into the future 4 went. I think I'll wait and see if this is much of an upgrade, but I'll be getting it if it's good.

Graphically, it looks like they took a leaf out of Endless Legend's book.

Inspectah

Savant
Not really, this civ is looking to be very cartoonish.
Endless Legend is not realistic either, but it looks amazing, especially compared to those civ 6 screenshots

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Endless Legend is not realistic either, but it looks amazing, especially compared to those civ 6 screenshots

The units are more spread out in civ 6, like the tils are less dense, and the aesthetic is much lighter, but the models themselves look like they're drawn in a similar style to me.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron

Look at the unit designs in these 2 pictures, especially the horses. It's a similar artstyle, presented kind of differently

QwONcIc.png

YTrUveK.png

They both look cartoonish.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I spent countless hours playing Civilizations I, II, and IV; skipped III and V entirely. I'll wait and see if Firaxis has learned from the mistakes of the past, or if they're intent on doing to cities in Civ VI what they did to war in Civ V.

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Here is to hoping that the AI will be better than a lobotomised lemming with schizophrenia.

Last civ was horrendous on release. Will wait for the two expansions to make it somewhat playable.

Also: what the fuck is with all the graphic whoreing here, it's because of retarded priorities like that we don't get good things.

This is exactly my face reading this ^ :

znameniti-srbi.jpg
Your 'stache makes you look like a fag.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I spent countless hours playing Civilizations I, II, and IV; skipped III and V entirely. I'll wait and see if Firaxis has learned from the mistakes of the past, or if they're intent on doing to cities in Civ VI what they did to war in Civ V.
You mean improving them? :P

Polanski

Scholar
SMRCNyF.png

French tits too ugly for Firaxis.
I am amazed it took so many posts before anyone reacted to this! I was absolutely raging when I watched this. A game meant to celebrate the great achievements of man, censoring such an important piece of art because of a warped moral codex!

What have we become that we don't react to this! Censorship is a plague that anyone who loves games, art and history should fight!

GrainWetski

Arcane
SMRCNyF.png

I am amazed it took so many posts before anyone reacted to this! I was absolutely raging when I watched this. A game meant to celebrate the great achievements of man, censoring such an important piece of art because of a warped moral codex!

What have we become that we don't react to this! Censorship is a plague that anyone who loves games, art and history should fight!
It's a retarded world we live in and nobody is surprised any more.

Ludovic

Valravn Games
Developer
The Japanese go berserk if nipples are visible. Once worked on a game where we had to censor away male nipples from skin textures for the Japanese market.

As for the game itself - eh, I don't mind the art style. I just don't think it belongs in a Civilization game. The Endless Legend style has a certain stylistic charm, the Civ6 style is very cartoony and gives off a silly and childish vibe. I agree that the unit graphics are quite similar, but the terrain and buildings are quite different. Silly and cartoonish is not what I am looking for in a History of the World 4X. Multi-tile cities in a Civilization game is also really weird - that's what tile improvements are for.

But the market for this game is the casual gamer, not the strategy game veterans and hardcore gamers. I hope we get to see a more serious Civilization game at some point - something that feels less gamey and more related to actual history. The current mechanics of Civilization would make more sense in a science fiction or fantasy setting. The tech tree and lame cultural stereotyping is the only connection to the real world.

Declinator

Arbiter
I hope we get to see a more serious Civilization game at some point - something that feels less gamey and more related to actual history. The current mechanics of Civilization would make more sense in a science fiction or fantasy setting. The tech tree and lame cultural stereotyping is the only connection to the real world.
Has Civilization ever had anything more than a superficial connection to history? I don't want to see Civ transform into Europa Universalis (or vice versa).

SMRCNyF.png

Are you guys sure that is censoring at all? I mean look at the lips. Are they censored too since they are an amorphous blob? Looks to me like the nipples might have just been a casualty of what can only be called blur. Of course the blur itself might have been deliberate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom