Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

If you are big enough that you want to start taking over the world you may as well go heretic.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Rome - specifically Orvietto County .
One of the most boring places in Italy

01.jpg

The Crusades are in the rage, and many people relish the opportunity to prove themselves.

02.jpg

Everyone but Count Giacopo Orisini - who is forced to served as the Papal's servant - and denied glorious conquest for the Kingdom of God by his Papal liege.
He passed away achieving nothing. But his son, Conone the Brilliant would have none of it. The Orsinis are meant for greater things.

03.jpg

The last straw came when the Pope calls upon him to lead God's faithful against the infidels...and yet...

04.jpg

It is time to leave this foolish old man behind.

05.jpg

06.jpg

The Orsinis did not betray the Church. The Church betrayed us.

RK47

Patron
There's also a way for u to play as Golden Horde with Nestorian Heresy.
:M For interesting/challenging stuff, just check this "Interesting Starting Character" thread at Paradox.

My Orsini run is plagued with powerful Merchant Republics and back and forth between Muslim / Catholic Jerusalem.
It's definitely not easy.

Or...

Orthodox Heresies
Golden Horde
---Sartag, Khagan of Golden Horde, 2 Jan. 1255 (Nestorian): It is January 2nd 1255 and you are the great-grandson of Genghis Khan. You are the one true believer in a sea of heretics, pagans, and schismatics. You are the one scholar and theologian in a family of warriors. The real Khagan Sartag lasted barely a year. Good luck.

RedScum

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
New dev diary for the Old Gods is up: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...II-The-Old-Gods-Dev-Diary-2-The-Wrath-of-Odin

And aslo, for Trash & Vaarna_Aarne :

"The fort level in Holdings has another effect on raiding; it can protect a part of the wealth bar. Unfortunately for the defenders, this protection is of course lost if the raiders actually manage to occupy the local castles, cities and temples. Even worse, when raiders successfully siege down a Holding, there is a chance that some of its buildings are destroyed. In fact, the entire Holding can be razed to the ground, although this is a rare event. The raiders will get much loot from cracking open such golden eggs in addition to draining the wealth bar dry."

:bounce:

RK47

Patron
I'm more excited about the absence of Merchant Republics. Cause they're just not balanced atm.
A medium / small Kingdom can't even hold a candle to their firepower.

RK47

Patron
Rise of the Orsinis

01.jpg

1161, at the newly acquired County Capital of Benevento
The Orsinis are about to plan their next move...

Reach for power...

02.jpg

03.jpg

...and glory.

Yet they remain an outsider in the realm of Orthodox Empire..

04.jpg

05.jpg

Soon, the Orsinis will a be assimilated into the Greek culture.
But even that will not stop us.

06.jpg

We have forgotten our Italian roots, but our drive still remains.

07.jpg

Croatia is growing weaker. Rather than let the Merchant Republics take claim, we will do so ourselves.

08.jpg

09.jpg

The decline approaches.

10.jpg

Caterina is a skilled diplomat and a capable administrator of the realm, yet her prestige is extremely on the poor side (-600) the Basileus would not be kind on her...

11.jpg

What?

12.jpg

Uh oh.

13.jpg

A great shift is about to occur...

14.jpg

What will happen now?

15.jpg

RK47

Patron
Being a vassal of a Byzantine Empire is definitely 100x more exciting than Papal state, that's for sure. That pop up on faction leaving and joining is pretty insane.

Being a vassal of a Byzantine Empire is definitely 100x more exciting than Papal state, that's for sure. That pop up on faction leaving and joining is pretty insane.

It's always liked that in larger kingdoms, but the Byzantines take it to a whole new level.

RK47

Patron
I'm just angry at being checked by Merchant Republics now.
That Sicily, torn apart by Republics from the north and Islam to the south. So much nonsense.
Had to fight for scraps and take on other declining kings like Croatia.
If Paradox wants to balance Republics make the Feudal lord income increase goddamit.

RK47

Patron
Decline of House Orsini

We have a new Basileus.

01.jpg

Luckily, Caterina did not convert to the heresy. Let us hope the new Basileus treat us fairly.

02.jpg

Or not.

03.jpg

04.jpg

Flip flopper. Heh. Tis a struggle.

05.jpg

I'm afraid this game just stopped being fun for me at a point where I finally created and stabilized a kingdom. I think it's because I'm just too much of a control freak, and would like to have complete control over every aspect of the game, something that is discouraged in this game. It's not the fault of the game - it's just not the game for me.

Take my vassals for instance. I have been taking all counties by fabricating claims, so that I can remove the previous occupants from the premisses without any complaints and install new ones, that I personally created in my court. And I created them good - I've been importing some quality breeding stock, while removing the failures by marrying them away. They were superior both genetically and mentally - most of them had no character flaws at all, and they all loved me. So I give them some counties, and now it's 20 years later. Their children and heirs are just as useless as any other in the game. There are ambitious and jealous assholes everywhere. Half of them hate me for no other reason then because they are ambitious and jealous assholes. Those that are not just working against me are often just useless. For fuck sake, both of the parents were genius gray eminence with no bad traits whatsoever, how is it possible their children are that bad? It just seems so arbitrary it makes me wonder why the fuck did I bother with all that.

I'm tempted to start a new game, only to take complete control of everything myself. No more asshole vassals - no vassals at all. All belongs to me. Take that feudalism. I would get hit with the demesne size penalty, but I would have no vassals to complain. The income penalty would hurt, and I could field much less troops, but the main reason I don't think I'm going with this is that this game is a feudalism simulator. The warfare and conquest are secondary to diplomacy and intrigue and keeping your vassals in check while looking to screw over you liege lord. Remove that, and well, there's not much left.

As I said, I think this is just not a game for me. Fun to watch LPs though. Like that awesome pagan LP by Kayerts - are we ever going see that finished? Or maybe started again with that new DLC?

RK47

Patron
Nowhere to go but up

House Orsini will never give up.

01.jpg

A chance revolt by the nearby Shia leaders gives us a chance to steal a few advanced counties in southern Sicily.

02.jpg

Kroton, a beautiful county and very advanced for its time. House Orsini will call this our new home.

03.jpg

Relations are improving with the Basileus. Sending the two grandsons to Constantinople as 'hostage' proved to be a good temporary solution.

04.jpg

We've also abandoned our Catholic teachings to fit in well with the rest of the Purple Giant.

05.jpg

And the Duchess survived long enough to prevent the collapse of House Orsini to Gavelkind.
Who will be the next successor?

06.jpg

Taddeo Orsini, a man of Grey Eminence will take reins once the Duchess is no more.

07.jpg

The Iron Duchess plots the fall of Croatia... once more.

08.jpg

To war!

09.jpg

Glory to the Orsini!

Things are really looking up. Look at her new grandson... little Silvestro is a bright child!

10.jpg

He is our future.

12.jpg

House Orsini also wastes no time in building additional cities in their demesne. More tax, more mayors, some are capable... a few are... not so capable. Mayor re-elections are an all too common occurance...

13.jpg

Some just can't cope with the dangers of being one and dies....mysteriously.
No one can fault the Iron Duchess for being so ruthless for House Orsini's survival is never guaranteed, and they must always be on their guard.

14.jpg

She lived a happy life. Her father would be proud.

15.jpg

Requiscat in pace, nonna.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
r. Their children and heirs are just as useless as any other in the game. There are ambitious and jealous assholes everywhere. Half of them hate me for no other reason then because they are ambitious and jealous assholes. Those that are not just working against me are often just useless. For fuck sake, both of the parents were genius gray eminence with no bad traits whatsoever, how is it possible their children are that bad? It just seems so arbitrary it makes me wonder why the fuck did I bother with all that.

As I said, I think this is just not a game for me. Fun to watch LPs though. Like that awesome pagan LP by Kayerts - are we ever going see that finished? Or maybe started again with that new DLC?

This is why I love CK series.:love: Anybody has this annoying bug when my vassals fall in mass into Roman Heresy? I must look at map and check them manually cause otherwise half of them turn heretic. :decline: on the other hand with French, Castilian and English king catholic they're all mine to take... nommmmmmm :incline:

Angthoron

Arcane
I'm currently enjoying a PL neighbour running a multi-generation inbreeding scheme, incest going through from the old king (still alive, married to his sister) to his kids (married siblings, wife being lesbian of all things), to the grandkids (looks like they're about to hit the inbreeding colony), with the lovely trait now popping up on some of the grandkids being constantly pumped out. The family's stats are shit, everyone in their country hates them and there are endless rebellions that I keep on saving the king's ass from because, well, who doesn't want a bunch of perverted potatoes living next door?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom