Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Aren't there a zillion portrait mods out there to choose from? Someone must've nicked the ones from CK1, too.

Elder Kings sounds p. cool from the intended feature list & FAQ, maybe they'll even beat the odds and actually release something playable.

hcap8BC.jpg

stabby

Learned
Wow. I see hexes but my knickers are dry as a bone at the moment. Leave it to the Elder Scrolls to do that wrong.

Also, to edit in some proper posting content, is there a quick & dirty method to kill off the character that you're playing so your heir can take over? Just thinking of the time I somehow managed to accidentally create the Sultanate of Ireland (thanks to a guy who forgot that he was only 1/8 Andalusian), camels and all btw, and then was unable to create the Kingdom of Wales for 60 goddamn years until his heir finally took over.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Type "die" in the console while having selected your character.

Not cheating ways: declare war and have him command armies on the frontline. Launch assassination plots with very low chances - they will retaliate. Have a shitty spymaster and lots of enemies. Have a very good spymaster that hates you. Have vassals and family that hate you and dont stop their plots. Go hunting and pick the riskiest options.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
If your character is also depressed, you can have him commit suicide.

wow.
Just wow.
Anyways, if Pagan DLC allows me to just go and destroy religious stuff I might pick it up.

RK47

Patron
i got Legacy of Rome so far. Haven't bought anything else, Sword of Islam sounds interesting, but I still have other kingdoms to try , so far Byzantine playthrough is finished, we beat history - not breaking apart at all. While Scotland Strong Campaign is turning very boring after Gilchrist returns to the throne - he'll go into stupid Crusades and I had to stay back and beat up would-be troublemakers. And he ignores England. What the fuck. We could've completely annihilated them and claim the three islands as our own.

So I might be inclined to go Italy / Spain next - just to see how things are happening in there.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Almost makes me nostalgic enough to fire up the came and continue the reign of the daughter of the Mad King of Denmark. Who made his wife drown his idiot sons in Øresund, then had his only competent daughter replace his wife as spymaster and throw her off a balcony before she gave birth to another male disappointment. Only to have the daughter finally stab him in the back (aaaah ambitious trait), just as his pesky swedish vassals were about to revolt. Everyone loves Queen Lise I so the crisis is averted for now. But the insanity colorful pragmatism is sure to manifest again soon enough.

damicore

Augur
What'd be a good way to learn the game? I just can't bring assassination plots to a good end for example. The whole antipope mechanic remains a mistery to me too.

Any decent let's plays or something?

RK47

Patron
hm i duno if i wanna learn how to play the game, i played vassal of iceland and figured what needs to done and why this and that happens. the demense is small, it is relatively peaceful, play as the vassal and try to understand why killing your liege 6x is not gonna matter if you're not on the line of succession.

once you figured out the basics, try to set a challenge for yourself in the iceland campaign, can you oust your duke?
once i figured out how the mechanics work, i can start working on army gameplay, so start in high conflict area, like byzantine empire and understand how to actually take advantage of the numbers and move your troops around quickly with the aid of expensive naval fleets.

it's a fun game if u limit yourself in what u can actually learn the start.
don't give up if things seem vague - i played for 30 min last year and abandoned it...2 weeks ago I gave it another chance...BAM. 60 hours played and now I'm the King of Ireland.

ck2%202013-03-06%2002-04-51-64.jpg

This game's just amazing.

Multi-headed Cow

Marry that daughter to an English prince or king and relive the magic, RK~~

5E82AE23D4E196D6580610AC9DD550B6BF4001FA

RK47

Patron
I have macromanagement problems.
So many angry vassals and shit, and I fear my kin are about to kill each other over this huge demense we just conquered.
We rule by the sword, die by the sword.
I have to lower the sword and set an example to everyone. We've conquered every dejure territory of Ireland, but the Pople Ex-commed' me...the bastard.
I'm gonna have to try harder to please my subjects.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have recently made all Swedish feudal lords and Gotland's republic members black ethio-something. HERE I COME, EUROPE.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
SqRvg68.png

Lolwat?

Discovering there was no vagina from the child to exit from was some complication indeed! :lol:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
For some reason, my CKII games always end up with me growing bored and razing Sweden to the ground. I had kind of stomped out all competition with my republic of Götland and I was rolling in more jewgoldz than Croesus. So I decided I wanted a bigger demesne. I started a seperatist faction, had my genius spymaster wife assissinate 5 consecutive kings of sweden to create unrest, called on my alliance with the king of Denmark and then invested the majority of my 3.8k jewgoldz in a doomstack to rape and pillage. At the end of the war, I did a 3:1 split of the old swedeish territories with the king of Denmark.

I think I'll lay low for a few years until my cash reserves are healthy again. Then the Serene Republic of Sweden will engage in aggressive negotiations with Norway.

RK47

Patron
ck2%202013-03-07%2004-44-32-12a.jpg

FUCK YES YES YES SYES~!

ck2%202013-03-07%2004-44-48-05b.jpg

I'm THE KING OF UK BABY! I AM THE-

ck2%202013-03-07%2004-45-38-34c.jpg

What the fuck just happened?

XenomorphII

Prophet
Now it is time to purge the Norman/Saxon/English/Welsh/Whatever else has slipped in nobility and replace with good loyal Scots.

sser

Arcane
Developer
There are plenty of YouTube videos to help learn the game. Personally, my favorite county to pick up and play with is Lubeck. Carving a small kingdom out of that area is very satisfying, and it's not as dangerous as you'd think if you just take things slow.

What's the county cultural conversion priority in the game? Does in convert to the culture of the highest liege or to the culture of the lowest de facto owner?

Hypothetical example: Andalusian county *under* Portuguese count *under* Catalan duke *under* Castilian king. To which culture will the county convert?

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
What's the county cultural conversion priority in the game? Does in convert to the culture of the highest liege or to the culture of the lowest de facto owner?

Hypothetical example: Andalusian county *under* Portuguese count *under* Catalan duke *under* Castilian king. To which culture will the county convert?
Castilian.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom