Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Excellent. Thanks.

Dead Guy

Cipher
Bros, do alliances only come into play when the betrothed eventually marry, but not before while they are betrothed?

And are matrilineal betrothals honoured or not? I saw some discussion on paradox forums that they never were, ie the AI would suddenly refuse a matrilineal marriage despite agreeing to a matrilineal betrothal.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Bros, do alliances only come into play when the betrothed eventually marry, but not before while they are betrothed?

And are matrilineal betrothals honoured or not? I saw some discussion on paradox forums that they never were, ie the AI would suddenly refuse a matrilineal marriage despite agreeing to a matrilineal betrothal.

Got the same problem, reloaded the game and send the bride some jewgold; Thema of Thessaloniki is Spartenos clay now!

Dead Guy

Cipher
So the improved relations got you past the "too high in line of inheritance" penalty or whatever it is?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Multi-headed Cow

ck2%202013-03-07%2023-28-38-10.jpg

ck2%202013-03-07%2023-29-34-37.jpg

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Came from the Isle of Man. Became an Emperor. Named Paul.

Paul, Emperor of Man.

Kwisatz Haderach detected.

RK47

Patron
OK. First, Kingdom of Wales.
Then France.
Then All of Spain & Portugal.
Then... the Holy Roman Empire.

Lorica

Educated
I dunno your playstyle, but the Iberian Peninsula might have Muslims still. That'll actually be easier pickings (especially with Holy Orders) than France might be. Once you have that area, you can hit France from two directions pretty easily. :)

RK47

Patron
if anything, it's the raise levy > raise fleet > embark > land that kills me.
the first time i went on crusade for poland ... i assembled 20k troops and it took me such a long time to gather them up.

when we landed, we got raped by 100k stack of Golden Horde.
So yeah, fuck poland.

Kurwa be damned.

: x

But you do bring an excellent point about the Iberian crap. In my game they seem to be in OK shape.
Somehow Aragon captured some North African stuff for themselves, while Nevarra takes most of the northern Spain.
We'll just have to slice them piece by piece, I guess.

mondblut

Arcane
What's the county cultural conversion priority in the game? Does in convert to the culture of the highest liege or to the culture of the lowest de facto owner?

Hypothetical example: Andalusian county *under* Portuguese count *under* Catalan duke *under* Castilian king. To which culture will the county convert?
Castilian.

I don't think so. As a danish king, early in the game I've placed a few german courtiers as counts from Sweden to Egypt, and their counties promtly converted to german culture. Having eventually conquered the whole of Europe, there was no noticeable culture shifts at all, until I began replacing vassals with danes and educating all kids in the empire as danes - which immediately caused massive conversions to danish culture. I am certain it is the count who matters.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
What's the county cultural conversion priority in the game? Does in convert to the culture of the highest liege or to the culture of the lowest de facto owner?

Hypothetical example: Andalusian county *under* Portuguese count *under* Catalan duke *under* Castilian king. To which culture will the county convert?
Castilian.

I don't think so. As a danish king, early in the game I've placed a few german courtiers as counts from Sweden to Egypt, and their counties promtly converted to german culture. Having eventually conquered the whole of Europe, there was no noticeable culture shifts at all, until I began replacing vassals with danes and educating all kids in the empire as danes - which immediately caused massive conversions to danish culture. I am certain it is the count who matters.
I took a look at the event file covering culture conversion.

Top liege's (top liege = the guy who isn't anyone's vassal) culture matters. The vassal and the liege must share the same culture in order for conversion to happen, and the religion between them and the province has to be the same. Also, if I'm reading this correctly the culture of a neighbouring province must also match the owner culture. Quite frankly, that must have been a bug. It should be impossible for Egyptian provinces to convert without a neighbouring province being Germanic.

oscar

Arcane
I'm fairly sure all coastal provinces count as neighbouring for the purposes of cultural and religious conversion.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'm fairly sure all coastal provinces count as neighbouring for the purposes of cultural and religious conversion.
That I cannot tell from the event files alone, but it's certainly possible. Religious conversion is an entirely different matter from the purely event-driven culture conversion though.

mondblut

Arcane
Top liege's (top liege = the guy who isn't anyone's vassal) culture matters. The vassal and the liege must share the same culture in order for conversion to happen,

Both matter, then, a province under portuguese count beneath castilian king won't turn castilian. Still doesn't explain why a fuckton of my provinces have turned german under a danish king, though. Maybe due to the settlers event, they might have been pagan before (those that weren't mudslim), and most if not all were coastal too.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
You might want to play a Greek again because LoR allows any greek culture chars to castrate or blind prisoners.

oscar

Arcane
Currently trying to unite England under the banner of the Sarmato-Brython (hybrid of Celts + Dacian and Sarmatian colonists sent by the Romans) , Zalmoxis-worshipping Pendragon dynasty in Lux Invicta.

If Lux Invicta has done one thing, it's shown me lots of awesome religions of antiquity and heresies. The designer of the mod is obviously a massive ancient history buff.

oscar

Arcane
Yeah ends up leaving you a bit depressed that banal shit boring Catholicism, Protestantism and Islam are the top dogs of religion today. Why can't it be something cool like Solar-Christianity, Neo-Platonism, Zoroastrianism or Mithraism?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom