Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Yeah ends up leaving you a bit depressed that banal shit boring Catholicism, Protestantism and Islam are the top dogs of religion today. Why can't it be something cool like Solar-Christianity, Neo-Platonism, Zoroastrianism or Mithraism?

Anthropic principle.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
ck2%202013-03-10%2022-52-35-97.jpg

Amen

RK47

Patron
Rum's collpasing. Golden Horde already making headway into Muslim territory. Still waiting for the Muslims (The Ayyubids must've been broken 3-4 times into smaller separatist kingdoms - I had CB Holy War on one of their smaller break-away - only to lose CB when they reformed and went under a new liege lord) to grow weak enough to capture Jerusalem. But so far so good. Sultanate of Rum declared war. I raised 20,000 crusaders , 10,000 mercs and 6,000 levy in reply. Held him back for so long and he surrendered, paying around 1000 gold in war reparations.

Used the gold to replenish the merc forces, and broke the truce to capture Minor Armenia off the Rums.
Looking good at the moment for the Kingdom of Jerusalem.
ck2%202013-03-11%2001-13-19-93.jpg

RK47

Patron
This expansion isn't really planned. I was waiting for Ayyubids to grow weaker, but suddenly The Rum declared war on me. I held them off, got lots of money and realized I must've wiped out half of their army (20k+) during the wars. Decided to capitalize and capture the already weakened cities. Hit warscore 100% very quickly and chug down that territory.

The issue with declaring Holy War on Ayyubids is that they have more stronger Islam neighbors around that can threaten our home territories. Rum doesn't seem to have any. And conquest can really just focus on slapping their army back and forth while a siege force slowly chip away at their holdings.

RK47

Patron
God wills it

1274 - The Crusade for Anatolia begins in earnest, sensing the Sultanate of Rum's weakeness, the Pope calls for the faithful to battle... The Kingdom of Jerusalem participated into the holy endeavor - in its mid-stages.

01.jpg

Not wanting to fall behind in contributing to the Holy See, we're forced to do the unthinkable. We assassinate the leading contributors, the leader of the Teutonic Knights, Hochmeister Magnus. With him out of the way, his order withdrew from the war.

02.jpg

Paving way for God's Heavenly Kingdom to take the first place..

04.jpg

05.jpg

The Kingdom of Anatolia is gifted to his son, Prince Jesus of Jerusalem. Fearing the Golden Horde, the King of Jerusalem immediately arranged for the marraige of his daughter to the Khan. The tribal chief accepted, but it is unknown if this will keep Jerusalem safe from future Golden Horde attacks. For now, Rum is the victim.

06.jpg

The battle for Holy City begins anew, this time the Kingdom stands alone.

07.jpg

Thousands of Holy Orders and Crusaders bathed in blood of the heathens as nearly a hundred thousand strong troops clash over the holy land. Victorious, yet materially broke - the Kingdom of Jerusalem is still in danger as it stands alone - on the gateway to the holy land.

Good news from the North, as the Ilkhans are beaten back by the Kingdom of Rus.

08.jpg

The heathens are driven back for now. But they'll be back. We must remain ever vigilant.

Mortmal

Arcane
God wills it

1274 - The Crusade for Anatolia begins in earnest, sensing the Sultanate of Rum's weakeness, the Pope calls for the faithful to battle... The Kingdom of Jerusalem participated into the holy endeavor - in its mid-stages.

01.jpg

Not wanting to fall behind in contributing to the Holy See, we're forced to do the unthinkable. We assassinate the leading contributors, the leader of the Teutonic Knights, Hochmeister Magnus. With him out of the way, his order withdrew from the war.

02.jpg

Paving way for God's Heavenly Kingdom to take the first place..

04.jpg

05.jpg

The Kingdom of Anatolia is gifted to his son, Prince Jesus of Jerusalem. Fearing the Golden Horde, the King of Jerusalem immediately arranged for the marraige of his daughter to the Khan. The tribal chief accepted, but it is unknown if this will keep Jerusalem safe from future Golden Horde attacks. For now, Rum is the victim.

06.jpg

The battle for Holy City begins anew, this time the Kingdom stands alone.

07.jpg

Thousands of Holy Orders and Crusaders bathed in blood of the heathens as nearly a hundred thousand strong troops clash over the holy land. Victorious, yet materially broke - the Kingdom of Jerusalem is still in danger as it stands alone - on the gateway to the holy land.

Good news from the North, as the Ilkhans are beaten back by the Kingdom of Rus.

08.jpg

The heathens are driven back for now. But they'll be back. We must remain ever vigilant.

Those screens sums up well why CK2 is so great, even i inever thought about assassinating the biggest contributor of a crusade to gain the lands :) and god knows i done wicked stuff in there.

RK47

Patron
We've done a lot of good. Just look at Europe. They're so strong. We've done thankless jobs. There's no fucking way the Golden Horde will spread that easily now.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
In my previous game, the Il-Khans conquered Persia and some parts of Rus while the Golden horde had conquered Egypt. o_O

RK47

Patron
In my previous game, the Il-Khans conquered Persia and some parts of Rus while the Golden horde had conquered Egypt. o_O

They took Iceland on my last playthrough. ICELAND.

RK47

Patron
With friends like these...

09.jpg

Also , it seems ironic that despite some hard core crusading - non-pope incited mind you, I was hardly given any help from any Christian Kingdoms. Even the damn Pope doesn't send any gold my way.

And the lack of any special bonuses for taking Jerusalem is pretty huge downer, the box says Crusader Kings II , but the gameplay doesn't seem to reflect that. It's mostly Euro Kingdoms squabbling for Euro territories and since Muslims are so plenty in the Holy Land, might as well just stick to warring European nations and pick on those weak duchy claims.

rogozhin

Cipher
And the lack of any special bonuses for taking Jerusalem is pretty huge downer
I'm pretty sure there's quite a big prestige + piety bonus for creating the Kingdom of Jerusalem (at least there was when I last played CK2, which was even before Sword of Islam), but that doesn't apply to your situation of course.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
But its realistic, crusading was rare and organized in crusades. Or you bashed your local pagans/muslims. Anyway the bread and butter was bashing the heads of your neighbors. Game reflects that very well.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
holy wars are fine... as long as you do them for the right guys

fXWpxgw.jpg

:smug:

...unfortunately i'm about to get into trouble with the horde soon, unless i can make them implode

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom