Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

sser

Arcane
Developer
The Levant was a land of mercenaries, anyway. The Syrians were the badasses of the region and a lot of armies pulled from their ranks.

corvus

Arcane
KoolNoodles, are the provinces all the same as well? If there aren't any new provinces from vanilla then it's definitely not working. But the mod itself does not replace and remove vanilla ambitions or plots, as far as I'm aware (I haven't played vanilla for months). There should also be different traits, and some vanilla ones that are merely renamed (arbitrary--->ruthless, quick--->smart, etc.).

And of course, make sure the files themselves are all properly downloaded. Hope you get this fixed, the Prince and the Thane adds a lot of fresh air to the game, but it is not the most stable mod, especially compared to CK2+. It seems like every time I check back on the thread it's updated another 2 times with random new stuff and "general bugfixes".

KoolNoodles

Arcane
KoolNoodles, are the provinces all the same as well? If there aren't any new provinces from vanilla then it's definitely not working. But the mod itself does not replace and remove vanilla ambitions or plots, as far as I'm aware (I haven't played vanilla for months). There should also be different traits, and some vanilla ones that are merely renamed (arbitrary--->ruthless, quick--->smart, etc.).

And of course, make sure the files themselves are all properly downloaded. Hope you get this fixed, the Prince and the Thane adds a lot of fresh air to the game, but it is not the most stable mod, especially compared to CK2+. It seems like every time I check back on the thread it's updated another 2 times with random new stuff and "general bugfixes".

Thanks , yeah I've been looking into traits and other stuff I can compare. It was just really noticeable because I started a SP game and a MP game with the same duke/traits etc. and some of the stuff on day one was vastly different. Though now I know some of the trait changes, that seems to be working, but other stuff doesn't. Maybe I'll wait for the next update.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Mayors are simply so weak you don't have to worry about them at all. The only kind of vassal you watch out for are Dukes.

Lorica

Educated
Mayors are simply so weak you don't have to worry about them at all. The only kind of vassal you watch out for are Dukes.
Exactly. Is it even possible for holding level only vassals (arg, you know, barons, bishops, and mayors) to revolt against you? I can't recall ever seeing it, though I guess they can scheme.

Even if they could, their levies don't really stand a chance against yours.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
Exactly. Is it even possible for holding level only vassals (arg, you know, barons, bishops, and mayors) to revolt against you? I can't recall ever seeing it, though I guess they can scheme.

Even if they could, their levies don't really stand a chance against yours.
they scheme and can resist arrests, which can result in a revolt... which is indeed pointless, as they don't stand a chance

Keeping your direct holding-level vassals in good relations is generally at the top of your list though (they're the ones who pay you most of your money), and it's easy to do as they won't have -20 desires county -20 desires duchy -20 desires another duchy -20 desires kingdom to fuck it up.

It's the god damn courtiers you have to worry about. The 50 year old bitch with 20 intrigue who hates you for no reason but can't just GTFO and go to someone else's court.

fool.png
[/quote]

Playing a byzantine empress is the best way to LARP a modern feminist. Castrate all those cis white male scum bro

gunman

Arcane
Developer
I have played CK2 for a while and it seems to suffer from the megastacks of doom usually present in Paradox games. From 1100-1200 onwards, HRE raises such a huge blob (150K or more men) that stomps every living being on the continent. I don't recall CK1 being that bad in this perspective. Was attrition nerfed ?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I have played CK2 for a while and it seems to suffer from the megastacks of doom usually present in Paradox games. From 1100-1200 onwards, HRE raises such a huge blob (150K or more men) that stomps every living being on the continent. I don't recall CK1 being that bad in this perspective. Was attrition nerfed ?

Thing is, HRE is in a VERY good position in this game. There's nothing threatening them and they can just bully their way into whatever lesser power you want to consume.
The only thing that can stop them is probably internal fracture and civil wars.

But if they try to take that doomstack into desert wars, they'd just lose thousands by the month without a single battle being waged.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
HRE is oddly stable in CK2 whereas in CK1, HRE (or K of Germany) usually didn't survive the rule of Heinrich von Franken.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

Playing a byzantine empress is the best way to LARP a modern feminist. Castrate all those cis white male scum bro

Roman Empire was always elective Monarchy not ruled by Frankish Salic laws or primogeniture. If Your General was more capable than ruling Emperor you were supposed to rebel and replace him for the good of Senate and (spear chucking) People of Rome ofcourse. And got same situation myself: Starting from Neapolis Italy ended as Megas Domesticos, Proconsul and Doux of 4 Themas. Got invited by Emperor to dinner and throwed into prison cause the prick wanted one of my most minor tittles.... :troll: ''The Prince and the Thane'' has abdication and I got competent heir so it was not as tragic. Unfortunetly Heir was not Briliant Strategist and Emperor John Comenos was too popular to rebel and take my vengence... But His Heir is half Frank and half wit... Will do to him same what happened to Manuel's son. :D SERGIOS SPARTENOS WE WON'T FORGET YOU!

Vaarna_Aarne

Thing is, HRE is in a VERY good position in this game. There's nothing threatening them and they can just bully their way into whatever lesser power you want to consume.
The only thing that can stop them is probably internal fracture and civil wars.

But if they try to take that doomstack into desert wars, they'd just lose thousands by the month without a single battle being waged.
Generally why whenever I get around to modding, HRE gets permanent penalty modifiers attached that usually mean being the Emperor is just extra money but no levies from vassals at all.

And of course, the loyalty bonus from Elective is going right out the window and HRE cannot switch out of Elective or raise Crown Authority.

RK47

Patron
I love the amount of bullcrap Byzantine vassal gets.

Some asshole said I made a pass at the Emprah's bride. Oh shit.
Got arrested.
And blinded.

OK, so I thought, it's not so bad. I'm still Chancellor for the Emperor.
But then the Emperor thinks, a blind general will work. So off I go to war, with no fucking sight.
And got captured.
And castrated.

He was captured for the third time a few years later and died in Oubliette.
Rest in piece Gabriel Angelos.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
It's kind of annoying when you conquer a piece of land you're not allowed to remove the previous owners and claim it as part of your demense without a "good reason".

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I love the amount of bullcrap Byzantine vassal gets.

Some asshole said I made a pass at the Emprah's bride. Oh shit.
Got arrested.
And blinded.

OK, so I thought, it's not so bad. I'm still Chancellor for the Emperor.
But then the Emperor thinks, a blind general will work. So off I go to war, with no fucking sight.
And got captured.
And castrated.

He was captured for the third time a few years later and died in Oubliette.
Rest in piece Gabriel Angelos.

To be fair, Byzantine vassals usually have it coming.

How many times have you seen, "Prince Souvlaki has formed a new faction, "Prince Souvlaki for Emperor."?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yes they're either massive bugs or play is really for those of Brave heart: Was fighting the rebellion instigated by my brother and my Father in Law against the Emprah: We lost and got communicate I was executed for treason by Emperor who lost and got game over screen.... I had couple of heir handy of course. :retarded: Reloaded my FiL won again, become emperor and my heir and his older Grandson was designated heir (even if he had other sons).... five minutes later This old horny goat poisoned his wife and made new porfigenate heir with His Maid. :lol: So bros should I risk everything and use intrigue on the road to Imperial throne?

road-power-joseph-stalin-paperback-cover-art.jpg

Like Red Tsar Did? Turtling thou Italy to become despot will take at lest 3 more generation on this huge Map.

RK47

Patron
mm. this game is kinda bland if u play the wrong vassal.
I was Papal count. Then got bored, war for independence while the pope is crusading for Jew land.
Got it.
Decided I was on a limited time before being swallowed up.
I assaulted Iberian Muslim counties with all the Holy Order I could muster.
Captured 5 counties and swore fealty under france.
Then held on to what i've got, build up strength before going all out on africa- straight down to Mali.
Finally, declared independence from France - whose King decided 'OK, go ahead'
and made myself King of Mali.
Then I realized my culture prevented me from acquiring mercs and the holy order will not fight against catholics...

So yeah, I'm fucked.
It was a good run.

Vaarna_Aarne

Yea, I have more than a small creeping suspicion that "more defensive" actually translates to "not getting shit".

EDIT: Also, if they don't fix the goddamn Finnish name file, I'm going to bust caps in asses.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
"More defensive" probably means larger garrisons, so the provinces take a long time to siege. Which won't really matter when the entire HRE doomstack comes to visit.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The first dev diary for the Old Gods is out: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...I-The-Old-Gods-Dev-Diary-1-A-Different-Europe
Biggest news: Navigable rivers!
Now the vikings can sail through Russia into the Black Sea like they did historically.
This being CK2, it will probably also result in the Byzantines sailing up into the Baltic Sea and joining the gangrape of the Baltic and Finnic pagans :)

Currently watching the awesome "vikings" series from the History channel, so i'm pretty excited to start playing this. Highly recommends the series for anyone who enjoys the setting.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2306299/

MV5BMjI0ODUzMzMwMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDk4MzQyOQ@@._V1._SX640_SY427_.jpg

MV5BMTc3NjYzMDk4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTk4MzQyOQ@@._V1._SX640_SY427_.jpg

MV5BMjAxMjU4NTk3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjc2MTgxOQ@@._V1._SX640_SY427_.jpg

Vaarna_Aarne

"More defensive" probably means larger garrisons, so the provinces take a long time to siege. Which won't really matter when the entire HRE doomstack comes to visit.
Yea, it's basically just getting a bucket of water when the house is on fire and you're locked in. If you have no means to defeat the siege, it doesn't matter if it takes longer. Another fun fact is that until the Northern Crusades and the rise of Novgorod the Norse only got roflstomped if they messed with the Finnic tribes.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
does this only work with steam?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom