Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

XenomorphII

Prophet
No. Get the Gamersgate version, and it is steam independent.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Currently watching the awesome "vikings" series from the History channel, so i'm pretty excited to start playing this. Highly recommends the series for anyone who enjoys the setting.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2306299/

Best reason to watch The Vikings on the History channel:

Katheryn-Winnick-by-Eikona-4286-APF.jpg

Garm

Learned
So a weird thing happened in one of my games...apparently the former pope had a daughter...and she was the antipope after he died. Interestingly enough, my ruler's son was able to marry her...but then she died in childbirth. Anyone had this happen before? I didn't think the pope ever got any bastard child-causing events.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
one more question
i didn't like, in medieval 2 total war that you had so many turns to "finish" the game, is this game the same?

LundB

Mistakes were made.
one more question
i didn't like, in medieval 2 total war that you had so many turns to "finish" the game, is this game the same?

There are precisely 0 turns to finish in CK2.
not sure i understand that
i read that it spans a certain amount of years, what happens then?

It's RTwP, I was just having a bit of fun at your expense. You can adjust the speed time passes at as well to speed up the slow parts.

stabby

Learned
not sure i understand that
i read that it spans a certain amount of years, what happens then?

Game ends, and it shows the score screen as to how your Dynasty ranks among the greats, which is exactly what happens if you resign from the game early. Think RK posted a shot of that a few pages ago, but yeah, there's no grandiose ending or anything.

At the very least I think there's a mod somewhere that extends the limit (or shuts it off completely), but I've never tried it myself.

XenomorphII

Prophet
It goes until 1453 btw, and I usually "finish" my games somewhere in the late 1200s to early 1300s depending on if there is anything interesting left to do. Though if I have a rough start, or get a run of bad luck, my games will sometimes go longer. Basically, while there is an end date, it takes it a long time to come about, and by the time it does you will likely have achieved all of your objectives and then some.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Once you got into the bulldoze phase, there's really nothing stopping you.
And no, taking on the HRE isn't really a tempting prospect when there's a collapsing Golden Horde ripe for the taking.

It's a single change in a txt file to extend the game as long as you want, and the default is certainly quite generous already.

mondblut

Arcane
Savegame converters are overrated. If you have any other country than your own on the map by the time the game ends, u r playin it wrong :smug:

Depends, starting as a one count vassal in a major Kingdom/empire can be quite difficult at times, especially if there is no nearby small independent states to prey on and expand into. You might not get game over you lost all your clay, but it may be quite difficult to get options for expansion. Especially when you hit your demesne limit and cant hand out land to vassals because you're a count, and you can't become a duke because your liege has created all the duke titles and sits on them like a jewish dragon guarding its hoard.

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
Depends, starting as a one count vassal in a major Kingdom/empire can be quite difficult at times, especially if there is no nearby small independent states to prey on and expand into. You might not get game over you lost all your clay, but it may be quite difficult to get options for expansion. Especially when you hit your demesne limit and cant hand out land to vassals because you're a count, and you can't become a duke because your liege has created all the duke titles and sits on them like a jewish dragon guarding its hoard.
Didn't tried starting as a vassal actually but i find it rather simple to gain independence if you join the right faction at the right time.
Only thing that makes it hard is when you gain your independence your old liege automaticly gets all your de jure claims too(especially hard with HHR)

RK47

Patron
The Inglorious Bastard

This is the story of William the Bastard, who promised his vassals great riches and the Crown of England in 1066.
Only to set sail towards the wrong direction -

01.jpg

And arrive at the most unexpected of destinations...

02.jpg

The heathens never knew what hit them. Seven thousand men of Normandy, dubbed the N7 descended upon the hapless Muslims who begged their god for salvation, to no avail. They were put to the sword by the followers of the One True Faith.
03.jpg

Deus Vult.

04.jpg

William grew content and passed away, leaving his kingdom to his youngest and most promising of son, Henry.

05.jpg

Wary of the his liege's jealousy and increasing restlessness of his newly gained holdings, Henry knew he must act quickly and continued his father's work: he continued eastwards towards Egypt.

06.jpg

Soon, the Pope calls upon the Holy Crusade on Jerusalem and the Sons of Normandy is only too willing to oblige. While the rest of the Crusaders threw themselves on a futile direct assault on the Holy Kingdom, Henry patiently march his army in North Africa, county by county falls, and no Muslim army came to stop them, they were too occupied with guarding the prize.

07.jpg

November 1103 - Henry grew closer to his goal. His forces rallied around him, mercenaries and vassal levies alike, numbering to 6,000 men. Almost as large as his father's.

09.jpg

Glory to God's Finest.
28 Dec 1103, Henry is now King.

08.jpg

10.jpg

His father would be proud.

RK47

Patron
King Henry knows that he is holding on to a cursed Kingdom.
Jerusalem, surrounded by heretics - is a melting pot of conflict and religious tension. Shia to the North. Sunni to the South.
What can a lone fledging kingdom do against such threats?

He must be humble and alliance must be made.
Only the Divine Father can protect us.

ck2%202013-03-23%2017-05-50-00.jpg

ck2%202013-03-23%2017-06-16-27.jpg

ck2%202013-03-23%2017-08-10-57.jpg

:smug:

Jerusalem will never fall again.

Borelli

Arcane
"Pope now favors prince Gaillard as the heir to the Kingdom of Jerusalem."
Wait how did this happen? Did you grant the Pope a duchy in KoJ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom