Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
"Pope now favors prince Gaillard as the heir to the Kingdom of Jerusalem."
Wait how did this happen? Did you grant the Pope a duchy in KoJ?

Yep

Tigranes

Arcane
That is... pretty awesome.

I've been finding it tough to get back into CK2 after the initial period but now I think I'm ready. Of course, now I need to wait for Pagans... though maybe I can try a Byzantine Duke who tries some faction shenanigans, defects to Venice or some Catholic country, then crusades to become the King of Jerusalem, then invades Byzantium....

RK47

Patron
Nah, I realized that even if the Pope wants to fight the heretics, they don't really have a foothold to drop their mercs or buy some time till help arrive.
And being a new king in hostile lands means I have to have a best friend with very deep coffers and religious interest in the area.
Hence the gifting of counties to the Pope to make him invest more militarily into the zone.

This arrangement is perfect, the Pope never runs out of gold and if there are no crusaders, he can simply drop in Mercenaries to fight off the hordes of heretics.
He beats the north and eastern threats from muslims while I claim Egypt.

ck2%202013-03-24%2013-46-58-93.jpg

Best team-up ever.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
The Inglorious Bastard

This is the story of William the Bastard, who promised his vassals great riches and the Crown of England in 1066.
Only to set sail towards the wrong direction -

I've done something similar a few times. Several times I've tried to play a game where I start as Castille and conquer some Pagan/Muslim land (Usually Finland) and give it to El Cid and then play as him. Every time, despite Cid's massive Martial score, he not only takes forever to impregnate his wife, but when she finally gives birth, the son is always a complete and utter failure.

Does every Spanish character in CK2 have rock bottom fertility or what?

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
The Inglorious Bastard

This is the story of William the Bastard, who promised his vassals great riches and the Crown of England in 1066.
Only to set sail towards the wrong direction -

I've done something similar a few times. Several times I've tried to play a game where I start as Castille and conquer some Pagan/Muslim land (Usually Finland) and give it to El Cid and then play as him. Every time, despite Cid's massive Martial score, he not only takes forever to impregnate his wife, but when she finally gives birth, the son is always a complete and utter failure.

Does every Spanish character in CK2 have rock bottom fertility or what?
Spaniards have no balls

Borelli

Arcane
If a duchy is split between multiple rulers and muslims holy war for it they will be able only to declare war on one of them (unless they declare multiple wars). I assume the Pope was using assist coreligionist in war option?

RK47

Patron
I'm not really using him actively.
He's more of a 'weaker' target for the Muslim to attack.
This is deceptive, because if you look at the power index ...

power.png

The Muslim will always aim for the Papacy first since he's weaker than us. And he's placed on the 'outer' territory of the holy land.
If the Pope is actively waging war/being attacked, I will never offer my help, instead I'd just declare Holy War on his attacker to steal territories while the Muslim forces engage the Papal defenders in another territory.
And so far, no Muslim country has declared Holy War on me.

In other words...

cristiano-ronaldo-jews.gif

RK47

Patron
When the Il-khans arrived - the King of Jerusalem engaged them - in diplomacy. Tribute was sent, Chancellors visit the Khan regularly to appease them as they divide and plunder the remnants of the Persian empire.
We're still nervous of their pagan beliefs, but hopefully they will adopt Christianity soon and abide to the One True King.

However, the second arrival is more complicated.

03.jpg

The Golden Horde tore apart the Cuman territories - and sets their sight upon Europe, already Rus has fallen.

03a.jpg

If nothing is done, all will be lost. Possessing a massive amount of gold, the Jews of Jerusalem decided an assassination of the Khan is the best solution, why march an army and risk a kingdom when a lone man is willing to take the risk?
The assassins failed twice, thrice even,... five times...and only the sixth he succeeded, eating up three-quarter of Jerusalem's riches - but we're not done. The boy knew who his father's real killer is... he must be made un-life.

04.jpg

03b.jpg

Everyone knew the score when the Spymaster accepts the Jewish coins.

05.jpg

06.jpg

:salute:

Once again:

XenomorphII

Prophet
New patch:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...LEASED-Checksum-ICBN-NOT-for-problem-reports!

Patch 1.092 is now live on Steam and GamersGate!

The GamersGate version is up now, though it might take a while for it to show in the launcher.

(GamersGate Mac version)

Old save games should be completely compatible.

CHECKSUM: ICBN

This patch rebalances Merchant Republics: There is now a limit to how many Trade Posts you can have, based on palace upgrades and the number of adult male dynasty members in your court. "Family Dues" are now paid only to adult male dynasty members in your court, and they all receive the same share. Also, the Seize Trade Post plot has been nerfed in several ways (see the change log below.)

NOTE: Due to various unexpected problems in the engine, there are still known issues with multi-player on Mac and Linux. We will solve these for patch v1.10.

2013-03-25: v1.092
-----------------------
- Added a Trade Post limit for patricians, based on palace upgrades and number of adult males in court
- Family dues are now given only to adult males of your family in your court, and they all receive the same share
- Patricians can no longer increase their Demesne limit with higher tier titles. However, the Doge gets +1
- Patricians who imprison or banish someone now get a tyranny opinion penalty from everyone in the whole Republic
- Patricians no longer confiscate gold from dynasty members that they banish
- Doges can no longer use the Seize Trade Post plot
- Patricians can now only use the Seize Trade Post plot on Patricians owning more Trade Posts than themselves
- The Seize Trade Post plot now always costs a small amount of money to implement
- The Holy War CB no longer works against too distant targets
- Sieging will siege back your own holdings first
- Tanistry electors are no longer de jure
- The Windows version is now large address aware
- Fix for crash on multiplayer game start on Windows 8
- Fixed a bug where a vassal of a vassal who won a war against an outside state would become a vassal of that state
- Several events, including those dealing with the creation of the Hansa, no longer require "The Republic" to trigger
- Rewrote large parts of the tutorial to be up-to-date with current features
- Fixed a problem in basic military tutorial that made it impossible to proceed past a certain stage
- Fixed a problem in basic war tutorial that made it impossible to proceed past a certain stage
- Fixed a crash in court view during observer mode
- When determining what tier a character is for the purposes of marriage, the highest ranked non-republican ruler among their close relatives is now used (so the nephew of a King would count as King tier)
- Will no longer get prestige hits for marrying below your tier unless you marry more than one level below it (so a King would get a prestige hit for marrying a Countess but not a Duchess)
- AI now takes into account both tier prestige and dynastic prestige when responding to marriage offers
- AI now takes into account prestige effects when selecting spouses for themselves and their relatives
- Exported MARRIAGE_AI_PRESTIGE_VALUE to defines.lua, this variable is a multiplier on the importance AI places on prestige when arranging marriages
- The Prestige cost for breaking a truce is now much harsher; 50% of current Prestige + 200.
- You now get a -5 Diplo penalty for five years if you break a truce
- Diplomacy View: The Piety and Prestige costs for declaring war no longer prevent you from selecting the action to see why
- The 'any_neighbor_province' trigger now works for sea zones as well
- Trade Posts dont give warscore unless the war is using an Embargo or Sieze Trade Post CB
- You now need twice as much value in a trade zone before reaching its bonus cap
- Fixed a bug where Patrician stewards would add modifiers to tax multiple times when performing the tax action
- Fixed a bug with the trigger 'is_land'
- The republican CB to seize a whole coastal county is now range dependent
- The republican CB to seize a coastal city now requires the Patrician to have a trade post there already
- Can no longer grant independence to an antipope
- Fixed a bug where de jure status of kingdoms would reset upon loading a save game
- de_jure_liege="---" now works properly in history files
- Tied bride price to total prestige gain at a ratio defined by DOWRY_MULTIPLIER in defines.lua
- Can now only ask to embargo republics with trade posts in target ruler's realm
- AI: Less willing to launch embargo wars in general, especially against rulers they like
- AI: Less willing to accept requests to embargo on opinion alone
- AI: Will now factor in strength of target when deciding on whether to accept a request to embargo
- Inherited retinues are now added to the heirs use of retinue cap
- CB types now takes ai_will_do with modifiers to modify the priority they place on a particular CB
- Fixed the birthdate of Domenico Dandolo
- Minor fixes to Alan dynasties
- Fixes to Sergiids/Spartenos names
- Corrections to various Italian characters
- Several Mamluk dynasties should now use the proper Muslim dynastic shields
- The correct event is now triggered when an old Patrician family member marries a young woman
- The Voice of Satan is now properly removed when a character is no longer possessed
- Characters will no longer hear more than one voice when possessed
- Patrician family members that are betrothed will no longer experience random marriage events
- Two additional childhood learning events are now correctly triggered for Muslims
- Added additional Komi dynasties
- Minor fixes to some Irish and Welsh characters
- Added many new Ethiopian characters
- Added Ethiopian Patriarchs
- Added Nestorian Patriarchs
- Exported chance of getting a birth trait to traits.txt files
- AI doges will no longer gift powers they want to start embargo wars if those powers would say no even when gifted
- Exported MAX_KING_TITLES_TO_CREATE, MAX_EMPIRE_TITLES_TO_CREATE, AI_EMPEROR_CREATES_KINGDOMS, NATURAL_DEATH_CHANCE_AGE_0-100, DEJURE_COUNTY_LIMIT_TO_CREATE, DEJURE_COUNTY_LIMIT_TO_USURP, EMPIRE_DEJURE_COUNTY_LIMIT_TO_CREATE, EMPIRE_DEJURE_COUNTY_LIMIT_TO_USURP, PRESTIGE_OPINION_DIV, PRESTIGE_OPINION_MAX, PIETY_OPINION_DIV, PIETY_OPINION_MAX, NAVAL_ATTRITION, ARMY_MOVEMENT_SPEED, FLEET_MOVEMENT_SPEED, AI_ASSAULT_RATIO, EMPIRE_DE_JURE_ASSIMILATION_YEARS and ALLOW_DE_JURE_ASSIMILATION_ANYWHERE to defines.lua
- Added new scripting trigger realm_size = x for checking total holdings in realm
- Added new scripting trigger realm_manpower = x for checking max manpower in realm
- dynasty = x can now be used to check for whether a character belongs to a specific dynasty
- You no longer get a claim on the Papacy if he was in a successful independence faction
- Fixed a slight bug in the claimant faction ultimatum decision
- landed_titles now takes assimilate = no, which will turn off all de jure drift (both ways) for a Kingdom or Empire level title
- Fixed a bug with Patricians revoking castles from baron vassals

RK47

Patron
Operation Majestic Gold

01.jpg

How do you stop the unstoppable?

02.jpg

The Khan is dead, but his successor carries on the fight. But a beautiful contradiction lies in their early conquest: as strong as they are at the start, they are also at their weakest.

03.jpg

For their conquered foreign vassals are unwilling servants and is only too willing to enact revenge for their defeat. The Lithuanian Hitmen will partake in the murder of the new Khan's most loyal vassals. Yes, although the new Khan is more receptive of our King, there's no reason not to weaken them further. A beast without head is still strong in its death throes. We must slice away its arms and legs from the shadows.

04.jpg

05.jpg

More join in, united in hatred. Elsewhere, the new Pope speaks...

06.jpg

He must be mad if Jerusalem will join in the slaughter.

07.jpg

More worrying is his ambitions. He is starting to despise our shared borders in the Holy Lands and crave for more concessions... fool. We will leave him alone to die in Poland.

Sometime later...
08.jpg

Inconceivable. One must thought the remnants of the Persian empire must've been gone by now, but it appears they are plotting revenge against my family. Uncle Odo is their first victim.

They will pay for this. But first...

09.jpg

10.jpg

Damage control time.

11.jpg

Most interesting the new Khan is only too happy to receive our diplomats advances. We will not let this opportunity slip. Forgive me, dear daughter. What is one life compared to a kingdom?

12.jpg

May you live a happy life, Valdrade. As one hand takes away, another giveth.

The Year is 1247
13.jpg

RK47

Patron
Also - hilarious counter to dangerous factions:
If the leader of the faction is an owner of a single county - countering it is pretty simple:
Park your Spymaster there to scheme and wait till the event pops to discourage him and break up the stuff.

If that doesn't work.
Park 10 times of his levy and garrison size around his county, spread it around 5k a stack (this is important, because diseases can drastically reduce cap and kill off retinues!)
If he presents the ultimatum, just bum rush him with 20k worth of retinue and assault. He should be jailed with his conspirators - pretty much a sad end to all kickstarters.
Revoke titles and find holy men to replace them - avoid ambitious and envious vassals. Content ones are premium. Low Intrigue is perfect too, so if they misbehaved and is in a position of power - assassination goes through easier. (Trusting, Kind, etc makes it easier for them to be assassinated)

If it's a duke - that owns several holding in different parts of your empire - this can get troublesome.
E.g I had dukes in France, Barcelona and Mali, it'd be crazy if my power base lies in Jerusalem and I had to march an army there just to quell rebellion. So what do I do?
Assassinate upon declaration of war. There's no other choice. Plotting is tough since he's got loyal vassals underneath him. Park a Spymaster to Build a Spy Network and pay gold to have him slain. The war will end. Conspirators will break up - you have no case to arrest them (a flaw in the game?) but at least the war is over within days instead of a year of marching through North Africa.

Another good reason why gold is good. This happened 5 times already. Fucking indie kickstarters.

RK47

Patron
The Purge

Jerusalem is completely uninvolved with the Crusade for Poland, but that does not mean they are standing idle, the remnants of the Persian empire must fall.

01.jpg

02.jpg

Vengeance, for Uncle Odo. Troubling news from the north as the Crusades met with a bad end. The Pope passed away, and the new Pope, angered with the non-participation of King Joscelyn declared the King of Jews ex-communicated. This insult will not stand.

1254, the Papal Counties in the Holy Land revolted against the Pope. They desire independence.

03.jpg

Jerusalem would normally side with the Pope and put them down immediately, but this time, it's different.

04.jpg

The ex-communicated King sides with the rebels.

05.jpg

There's no way they can lose this. It appears the Papal states will gain their freedom after all.

09.jpg

Yet the King is not done... angered by the excommunication - he plots another scheme.

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

He will have his own Pope.

10.jpg

11.jpg

As the King celebrates his new bride a new uncertainty awaits the newly independent counties in the Holy Lands.. how will the King of Jerusalem treat them?

12.jpg

As brutal as expected, the moment the Pope's army withdraw, the army of Jews turn around and assault their meager holdings, two counties fell in quick succession. The last one accepts vassalization.

13.jpg

14.jpg

Will he strike the final blow?

RK47

Patron
Pope-a-Mole
For too long the Papal rulers think they stand above Jerusalem. We gifted them territories, we protected them. Yes, they gifted us the Kingdom, but it is us who earned it. Not understanding subterfuge and the ways of Jerusalem, the Pope dares to cast us aside and brand our king as heretic.

A grave insult. It will not stand.

The year 1260, the War for Papacy has begun.

01.jpg

The Pope's army, marching against the Ilkhans were caught off guard by the sudden hostility of the lands they travel on. They realize they are no longer the puppetmaster... oh no, my dear Pope, you were the puppet tied by our golden strings.

02.jpg

We know where your holdings are. The lone county in Cumania, the one we gifted. What we have given, we will take away.

03.jpg

Thousands of levies give their lives to delay the 17,000 strong Papal army as our retinue catches up.

04.jpg

Finally the Crusaders cannot hold and were slaughtered by numbers twice their size. Their campaign against the Ilkhans met a fatal end.

Elsewhere near the Iberian Peninsula...

05.jpg

A storm gathers...

06.jpg

All united in one quest to dethrone the Man of God.

07.jpg

Tiberian, Acre, Beirut.

08.jpg

Cheremisa.

09.jpg

Rome.

10.jpg

All mine.

11.jpg

The day of infamy shall be remembered forever in the lives of the clergymen.
For once again,

RK47

Patron
What Price Peace?

The Young Khan of the Ilkhanate is finally growing up and is ready to continue his father's conquest. Thankfully, my Chancellor is doing an epic job at convincing him of our good-intents.

02.jpg

Such is our relations that they diverted their attack against the Byzantines instead.

03.jpg

A small price to pay...
200,000 of the Khan's men crosses our borders and make way into Byzantine territory.

This is the Byzantine empire at the start of 1264
04.jpg

This is the Byzantine empire at the end of 1264
05.jpg

No one came to their aid. The Crusaders would not lift a sword to defend the Orthodox.
But their sacrifice is not in vain, for their conquered churches has shown the true path of enlightenment to the Mongols - the voice of the Christ compels them.

06.jpg

:salute: This could be the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

oa4wg3.jpg

Another day, another CIS purge successfully completed.

Should've taken screenies of the 30 muslim prisoners daddy feminized during the Great Fatimid Rapes of 1108.

RK47

Patron
Just another day in Mongolian Byzantine
01.jpg

The Khan continues onwards towards Byzantine territory. But his high chiefs are having trouble adjusting to their new life, ruling over foreign vassals...

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Maybe in time, they'll get used to it. Welcome to Jewrope.

RK47

Patron
my Husband, the Barbarian

King Joselin passes away as his forces wipes the very last remnants of the Shia Muslim kingdom...

01.jpg

Much to everyone's surprise, Valdrade, the Bride of the Mongolian Prince is chosen as his successor!!!

02.jpg

The implications are very severe. Despite having forged an unholy alliance with the Golden Horde, there is an unexpected side effect to having it...and Belgunutei is not a very patient man.

03.jpg

He wants to ascend to the throne. Now. Unwilling to put the Kingdom at risk, Queen Valdrade refused. They refused to bed in the same chamber from then on. But like her father, Valdrade is a cunning woman.... She wishes to further her husband's goals within other means.

04.jpg

From the Shadows, the Jews strike once more.

05.jpg

Slaying the infant Khan without mercy. Belgunutei awoke one morning, discovering that he is the new Khan. Valdrade dare not tell him the truth, but merely smugly told him that he was fortunate not to wage war for the throne.

06.jpg

Pleased, Belgunutei vows to listen to his wife more from now on and the Jerusalem-Golden Horde alliance is stronger than ever. That is, until the Pope stands in the way of the Khan.

07.jpg

The Queen of Jerusalem and Empress of the Golden Horde now must choose between her man or the Church. And naturally, she chose the former.

08.jpg

Pope Lando would have none of it. Since King Joselin's death, he had forgotten what Jerusalem has done for him and excommunicated the Queen of Jerusalem on grounds of betrayal of the Church. Once again... Jerusalem is in turmoil but stands ready with her Golden Horde allies.

10.jpg

The Golden Horde pushes onwards...

09.jpg

As the Pope calls upon the rest of the Catholics to rise against the Golden Horde. Once more, to Poland.
A great tragedy is about to unfold.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom