Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Hungarian vassals thought they could fuck with ROME

mc4rd1.jpg

They never fucked with anyone again.

iv91l4.jpg

a0e1ic.jpg

Feels good to be Emprah

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Father, Mother, and Son

War claims many lives. The Khan died a glorious death as he charged upon the defenders of Denmark. His son will assume his throne. That is, if he lives up to his 16th birthday.

01.jpg

Protective of her eldest son, Queen Valdrade wages war for the Papacy. Yes, she installed an Anti-Pope, taking a page from her father's history books. Pope Lando II will feel the same pain of loss as his predecessors had.

02.jpg

A massive fleet gathers at Alexandria.

03.jpg

Carrying the Retinue of Fury towards Rome.

Elsewhere, in Europe...
04.jpg

The Papal forces never stood a chance. Rome was taken slowly and the Crusades is certain to end in a disaster - until -

05.jpg

With the death of Queen Valdrade, the Golden-Jerusalem alliance dies with her too... but before leaving this world she gave Jerusalem a gift....

06.jpg

It appears the Khan has taken to her mother's culture. King Henry knows he must move quickly. He is very young and unrespected, the alliance must be re-established without fail. Already the other kingdoms and his own nobles are plotting against him.

07.jpg

Even if it means marrying his own niece, Princess Temulun, the sister of Khan Alchidai.

08.jpg

Meanwhile, the war for Papacy is over - the victor is no surprise. Pope Adrian V takes the seat of power.

09.jpg

Yet he is unwilling to abandon the Crusades. A dangerous mistake.

Elsewhere, the Ilkhanate stopped their march. It is unknown what plans they have in store...

10.jpg

Except that the Khan has no desire to make babies anymore.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
YaWi17h.jpg

gatdam, look at all the new Finnish cultures in the Old Gods. Estonian, Mordvin, Samoyed. This is Vaarna Aarne's wet dream. They also added Bolghar, Khazar, Avar and it looks like something new in between Avar and Russian. I wonder what it is. Slovakian maybe? It also looks like they're not going to unify and then split up the Slavic cultures like they are with Norse. Wonder how that's going to work out.

Edit: Oh huh, just looked it up and apparently they're the Croatians that didn't migrate to the Balkans. That's c00l

RK47

Patron
There is no plan, only action

With the death of Queen Veldrade, the Golden-Jerusalem alliance is no more. King Henry II, facing severe lack of loyalty amongst his kin had to resort to assassins to make their ambitions disappear. The hired blade was not perfect however, and slipped up - exposing the plot to the whole world - branding him as a Kinslayer. No apologies will disperse this blood feud as more assassins are sent to the leaders of the Independence factions. Coffers are empty - what to do?

01.jpg

Embargo wars of course. :smug: The rich, fat, Doges are ripe for plunder. The Retinue of Fury landed on Pisan capital of commerce and pillaged everything. It was enough to fund several more assassinations to restore order in Jerusalem.

What is more worrying however, is the news of the Crusade's success.
How?

02.jpg

The Crusades retook Poland. Potatoes were handed freely and Denmark survived the Golden Onslaught. No one could have foreseen this outcome. What stopped the Horde?

Historians claimed it was Queen Valdrade. Before her death, the good queen educated Alchidai in the ways of the Norman. This caused a severe clash of culture between the Khan and his vassals. Even more so, when Alchidai adopted the title Emperor instead of the traditional Khan!

04.jpg

A great divide is about to split the Golden Horde apart...
But greater troubles awaits Jerusalem, for slaying kin is not very Christian-like.

03.jpg

It's only a matter of time before someone calls upon the King to be ex-communicated.

05.jpg

A hasty crusade against the excommunicated Zaragoza was a waste of time and gave very little redemption in the Pope's eyes. Time is running out for Henry.

And Alchidai is growing up.

09.jpg

He has claim to the throne of Jerusalem. Unthinkable.

07.jpg

But his empire is in no shape to face Jerusalem. A great separatist movement meant the Horde will have to spend a lot of time quelling internal unrest and rebelling vassals. An opportunity that Jerusalem cannot miss...

An opportunistic Holy War was called - and Itil was conquered under Christ's banner.

08.jpg

Reverting to tradition as old as William di Normandie - a county was gifted to the Pope for further redemption in the eyes of Christians. It will have to do.
11.jpg

1293, the Golden Horde is stopped, just barely.
10.jpg

An uneasy peace - for now.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
2EkmBeN.jpg

6aeEbvw.jpg

Some more maps. Looks like they've collapsed the Abbasids a little prematurely but who cares, it'll be more fun this way. The Old Gods looks really good and I can't wait for it, I'm never playing in 1066 again.

RK47

Patron
the time limit will be insane. :M a bit too much perhaps.

oscar

Arcane
Guess they're going to stretch out the tech chart then?

Wonder how they'll balance the economy and army sizes of it all.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Perhanan mämmikourat saatana, the set-up in Novgorod is seriously fuck-up mang. The culture map is probably far worse (not to mention my pet-peeve, the namefile).

RK47

Patron
The latest patch changes made it impossible for distant kingdoms to declare distant Holy Wars.
No more grabbing pagan territories in Africa when you start in UK. :(
Also truce breaking will create relations penalty with everyone.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Perhanan mämmikourat saatana, the set-up in Novgorod is seriously fuck-up mang. The culture map is probably far worse (not to mention my pet-peeve, the namefile).

Khanate of Russia before Rurirk? :incline:

As the rest go Modders will fix them.
Haha, he's in and he's got the best stats of pretty much anyone in the game.

MOhDJVo.png

Could I be detecting a Norse bias from Paradox? Nah...

It's going to be really good to play a game without a billion Rurikoviches though. Rurikoviches, Capets, Doukases and von Wittelsbachs can kiss my ass.

RK47

Patron
Y'know i never understood people's fascination with a ruler's Martial skill.
Am I missing something? The last time I tried leading an army to quell a random peasant revolt, my ruler gets killed.
Ever since then, I ignored martial skill completely.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Rurik/Rorik was IRC Northern Swedish title so Rus Rurik the Prince of Novgorod was his son or grandson. Most fun in Crusader game is to take very minor or fallen Family and make it into new powerhouse anyway: Spartenoses, Phokases, Karlings house de Ivera etc... or some random Noble Dude who got His own piss poor county :incline: Got my family of Napolitan Spartenoses from One piss poor and isolated by snowfags Dux to 100 people in 80 years. We're 3th Noble House in Roman Empire after Commenoses and Dukases now. Any good and free Screen shot programs? Would post my Tree.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Am I missing something? The last time I tried leading an army to quell a random peasant revolt, my ruler gets killed.

Good to have ruler with high martial skill cause who has craven trait... This way you can have all +++ and don't risk your ass at the cost of minor -

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Your ruler and his family are the only people you csn train to be godlike commanders honing their martial and correct traits. But yes, its extremely risky and I dont do it unless I have to.

oscar

Arcane
They should lift in that system that gives you large penalties and bonuses for rulers who have exceptionally high or exceptionally low skills. So a guy with 19 martial but 1 intrigue and 1 learning gets a nice bonus to the size of his levies ('legendary commander' modifier) but is easy as fuck to assassinate ('intrigue challenged') and has a large tech malus and minor general opinion malus ('catastrophically ignorant'). Really helps give more of a unique 'feel' to each ruler's reign with and attaches far more importance to the stats of your ruler.

I've been playing pretty much exclusively Lux Invicta, has vanilla still not fixed martial being the dump stat for rulers?

Borelli

Arcane
When you have a large enough realm you will have enough vassals/courtiers to fill all advisors and combat leaders with 15-20 stat people however if you are small and starved for good generals then investing in martial for your ruler is a good idea.

RK47

Patron
Operation Golden Sword
After years spent in repentance, the Pope finally sees Henry fit to be given a complete absolution of his sins.

01.jpg

This is a blessing he cannot afford to miss, his vassals will now be more reticent to his rule. And hopefully, the annual carnival of assassination can stop.

With the internal threats dealt with, the young king quickly gets to work - establishing an alliance with the powerful Holy Roman Empire.

02.jpg

Except...it used to be powerful.

03.jpg

Sensing great opportunities in the west - Henry searches amongst his kin for any claimant to a powerful kingdom.

04.jpg

His nephew is one. Hubert, the Duke of Anjou - is a claimant to the throne of Sweden, ruled by the old Queen Ragnhild.
Sensing that a long war is unwise - Henry's judgment is swift - sending a tribute to his nephew, Emperor Alchidae of Golden Horde - he successfully convinced the Golden Horde to answer the call to arms. Their aim: Sweden.

05.jpg

The unsuspecting kingdom of Sweden never knew what hit them. Ten thousands of the Horde army marches across the steppes, hungry for plunder. Jerusalem's much smaller retinue arrives, very late to the party, finding very little battle left in their enemies.

06.jpg

07.jpg

The war was settled within a year.

08.jpg

With friends like these...

09.jpg

RK47

Patron
Golden sunset.

01.jpg

As Jerusalem's influence spread, they remain steadfastly protective of their borders. For the Ilkhanates are never too far away.

02.jpg

They were not ready. The Ilkhanate's demand is a pitiful county. With his forces busy in western Europe, King Henry gave away the lone county to the Khans, buying ten years of truce.
03.jpg

04.jpg

Was it worth the price? It matters not, for he is now aiming for France.
05.jpg

This time, they do it themselves.
06.jpg

07.jpg

But elsewhere, the Golden Horde faces their mightiest foes yet - the Ilkhanates.
01.jpg

Strangely, the Emperor of Golden Horde did not call upon Jerusalem for assistance, nevertheless, Henry knew, once the Golden Horde is devoured, his kingdom is next.

02.jpg

For the first time in many decades, the shadows and secrecy are cast aside - swords are given to the levies. There will be war.
04.jpg

Time is against them. If the Golden Horde surrenders - Jerusalem will stand alone.
05.jpg

Too late.
06.jpg

Wary - a new alliance through marriage is planned with the declining Byzantine Empire.
07.jpg

The angry Khan forces rushes south to meet the swarms of Jerusalem's finest. Thousands fleeing from the massive horde.
08.jpg

Those who cannot flee, are crushed.
09.jpg

In desperation - the Jews resorted to the oldest trick in the book - the hidden blade.
10.jpg

But even the death of the Khan cannot stop the march of the 130,000.
11.jpg

The final battle is at hand.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom