Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Final Crusade
03.jpg

Timur the Lame, they call him. With him, another Horde. A Shia Muslim, his presence cannot be tolerated - for the Emperor has worked so hard to erase the taint of Chaos from Europe.

04.jpg

The first to suffer his wrath is the young Khagan of Ilkhanate - Barghujin. The boy will not stop Timur. But perhaps the Ilkhans can slow him down.

05.jpg

But once Persia is broken - Jerusalem is next - we must act quickly.

ass.jpg

06.jpg

A single blade failed to dispatch the monster of a man. Alas.

07.jpg

Retaliation comes quickly. Fortunately the Emperor's finest managed to stop the plot - but we still have the monster to deal with. It is agreed that we are in no shape to face them in battle just yet. But perhaps... we can use this time to build an army of our own.

An army of...

08.jpg

Assassins.

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

With the pawns taken care of, only the lone Knight and its King stand in the chess board.

18.jpg

Your move, Khagan.

This is the Golden Horde, known to antiquity as Jerusalem.

Beset from within by traitors and heretics, and attacked from without by Slavs and Mongols, for three hundred years, it has endured.

The aging emperor sits upon his golden throne, ensuring the survival of his people. By his will, the bribes that maintain his vassal relations are sent. By his will, the assassin's that cull his disloyal vassals are sent. By his will, the armies that defend the empire are levied, organized, and sent to fight in his name.

RK47

Patron
Golden Chains

Alas the Khan is invincible - the best assassins failed to land a killing blow before Timur captured a sizeable territory and establish a foothold in the Ilkhanate's Khivan territory.

01.jpg

The Emperor passed away, quest unfulfilled. Entrusting the golden throne to his eldest son, Faramond.

02.jpg

Faramond knows that with the death of his father, Timur will have a fresh impression upon the Golden Throne. He must exploit this - yet the historical avenue of alliance is blocked by the Khan's early marriage. But since when that will stop the Jews?

03.jpg

If he's married, we just have to divorce him - forcefully.

04.jpg

Gold were spent - and the plot is set in motion. And in what seen as a most audacious move and completely bullshit turn of events - the Timur himself agreed to kill his own wife.

05.jpg

:hmmm:

06.jpg

Snake in vagina is a nasty way to go. The Khan made sure his wife slept bottomless that night.

Elsewhere - our close relations with Mongolian Horde drew unwanted attention from the Church -

07.jpg

Excommunication - A serious blow to a young aspiring Emperor's authority. This will not stand.
But first: snake in vagina.

08.jpg

Success! Faramond moves quickly to capitalize!

09.jpg

There was once an Empress Valdrade of the Golden Horde before him. It was one of his great, great grand mothers. Now another Valdrade is about to protect the Empire with her body. Emperor Henry III can be seen masturbating from the Golden Throne in the sky at this union.

10.jpg

The Khan, only too pleased to have such a powerful alliance, albeit a Catholic one, accepts.

Meanwhile in Rome...
11.jpg

This will be the last time. I promise you.

12.jpg

The Emperor lays claim to the new Pope, forcing Rome to be part of the Empire. That's right, the Papal State is now the Direct Vassal of the Golden Horde. Unthinkable!

13.jpg

Long Live Faramond the Just. Yet he knows the Iron Khan's appetite is not yet sated - for Timur will take another bite off the Ilkhanate's bloodied corpse. One big chunk at a time - till nothing is left.

14.jpg

How will the Golden Horde capitalize on this?

RK47

Patron
As a ruler of over 200 vassals from Counts Dukes and such - I'm starting to wonder, perhaps having two vassal Kingdoms is worth it?
Not the far away ones of course, the ones near the front line would make warring easier since the levies pop in their capital.
I'm thinking of starting two vassal kings - Jerusalem and Rus respectively -

What do you guys think? I literally cannot change my Empire succession laws because 5% of my 200 vassals is continually warring each other for territory. I'm glad they point their swords at each other, but it'd be nice if everyone can just have a nice feast together for xmas instead of plotting to kill and steal each other's stuff.

As a ruler of over 200 vassals from Counts Dukes and such - I'm starting to wonder, perhaps having two vassal Kingdoms is worth it?
Not the far away ones of course, the ones near the front line would make warring easier since the levies pop in their capital.
I'm thinking of starting two vassal kings - Jerusalem and Rus respectively -

What do you guys think? I literally cannot change my Empire succession laws because 5% of my 200 vassals is continually warring each other for territory. I'm glad they point their swords at each other, but it'd be nice if everyone can just have a nice feast together for xmas instead of plotting to kill and steal each other's stuff.

What, no.

Let them fight in order to constantly cull their numbers and ensure only the strongest survive.

Also, you should carve out a few kingdoms to serve as vassal states.

RK47

Patron
I really think at this stage, additional territory will hardly make a difference especially those in western europe. They're just too far away from the front line to take a difference in our grand plan: Complete Destruction of the Timurid. I've recaptured the indie states - easy as pie. It's time to prepare for the final campaign.
It will take three stages to beat the Timurids:

1. Preparation
Gather at least 100k retinue on their borders, 20-30k per county stack, ready to pounce. Move the capital closer to the Timurids' borders for quicker bring about of the Mercenary & Crusaders, we're throwing everything in.

2. Set the plan on motion
Declare war on Ilkhanate, drawing them in - they should accept, they probably have exchanged blows for a few time and hated the Ilkhanates more than anything.
Wage a defensive war against Ilkhanate, letting the Timurids do all the work - keeping tabs on their killer stack's location.

3. Execute
If the Timurids have moved far into the Ilkhanate's territory - and the Warscore against the Ilkhans have reached 100% - it's time to cease war and begin another. Declare war on the Timurids, raise levies and unleash the final crusade. Assassins should be employed to take out their most dangerous commanders. Timur has the maimed trait a -2 Health.. I think a little bit more can kill him. Hit that 100% Warscore asap and bam, the Timurids can't do jack for 10 years. While we can still plot another truce breaking to land the finishing blow on this frothing beast of a man.

1315183747621.jpg

I really think at this stage, additional territory will hardly make a difference especially those in western europe. They're just too far away from the front line to take a difference in our grand plan: Complete Destruction of the Timurid. I've recaptured the indie states - easy as pie. It's time to prepare for the final campaign.
It will take three stages to beat the Timurids:

1. Preparation
Gather at least 100k retinue on their borders, 20-30k per county stack, ready to pounce. Move the capital closer to the Timurids' borders for quicker bring about of the Mercenary & Crusaders, we're throwing everything in.

2. Set the plan on motion
Declare war on Ilkhanate, drawing them in - they should accept, they probably have exchanged blows for a few time and hated the Ilkhanates more than anything.
Wage a defensive war against Ilkhanate, letting the Timurids do all the work - keeping tabs on their killer stack's location.

3. Execute
If the Timurids have moved far into the Ilkhanate's territory - and the Warscore against the Ilkhans have reached 100% - it's time to cease war and begin another. Declare war on the Timurids, raise levies and unleash the final crusade. Assassins should be employed to take out their most dangerous commanders. Timur has the maimed trait a -2 Health.. I think a little bit more can kill him. Hit that 100% Warscore asap and bam, the Timurids can't do jack for 10 years. While we can still plot another truce breaking to land the finishing blow on this frothing beast of a man.

It shall be glorious.

RK47

Patron
Yeah, I saw it and just dismiss it as April Fools.
A good April Fools need to sound believable :( Kinda C for Effort there.

RK47

Patron
Beast of the East

01.jpg

The Timurids are losing. By some miracle of sorts - they are not claiming victory with ease against the Ilkhanate Empire. Perhaps there is still value in an alliance with the Ilkhanate.

02.jpg

The Emperor ordered the Capital to be moved closer to the front line, Baghdad will be the site of the new Golden Throne. Committed to victory.

03.jpg

180,000. That is the strength of the Timurids main battle force. Break this - victory is ours and cleansing the scourge is only a matter of time.

04.jpg

Their resources are depleted - the timing is most fortuitous. Even if we do not have the necessary size of retinue to match his main battle force, our levy can still provide the numbers.

And so the plan is set into motion...

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

There was peace for a time...

08.jpg

But it would not last...
1377 - The Golden Horde declares a Holy War upon the Timurids.
09.jpg

10.jpg

Thousands answer the call to wipe the scourge of Chaos from this earth. The Mother of All Crusade.

11.jpg

12.jpg

Three Empires unite together to crush the Iron Khan.

13.jpg

14.jpg

No sign of the massive 180,000 strong horde. The Golden Fists advance cautiously into Timurids' borders, laying siege to the border holdings. But the provinces' harsh climate prevents a massive army's presence. Progress is slow, yet no resistance is encountered yet, save for the garrisons.

15.jpg

Yet the beast is somewhere within... as a forward force of the Ilkhans advance forward, they spotted the massive horde and retreated northwards. A well-planned move, hopefully it will draw attention away from the western front.

16.jpg

Alas, they could not escape pursuit. Still no sign of our Holy Roman Empire allies...
17.jpg

To hell with them.

18.jpg

Our northern forces meets resistance and will have to break away quickly before the 180,000 strong horde arrives.

19.jpg

Precious time bought for the Western main attack forces as the Timurids' strongholds falls one after another.

20.jpg

We have to retreat or be utterly annihilated.

21.jpg

We've put Timur under considerable pressure - hopefully he will crack soon.

22.jpg

But the 180,000 strong force knew the northern attacks were simply a ruse and diverted its attention southwards - the time draws near for the showdown on the western front. Will The Golden Horde triumph over the Iron Khan?

An unexpected arrival is about to change the tide of war -
23.jpg

Another 60,000 strong horde arrives from Timurid's homeland to the east, bringing their strength to 240,000! But they've not combined with the main army yet! We mustn't let that happen -

The deciding moment is about to arrive. Soon.

RK47

Patron
First Blood

1379 - The War between Golden Horde and Timurids rages on.

01.jpg

The Golden-Ilkhanate Alliance manages to buy enough time for the massive invasion force to secure a foothold in the Timurids territory.

02.jpg

Yet the presence of a 180,000 strong army complicates matter, as well as the discovery of the Timurids' latest wave of reinforcements. Should they succeed in regrouping, their numbers would be 240,000 - a massive challenge to defeat.

03.jpg

Yet the Golden Fists remain steadfast and claim stronghold after strongholds.

04.jpg

Before the Timurids main forces can engage in battle - The Khan is forced to concede defeat due to massive loss of territories.

05.jpg

06.jpg

A truce was signed, and the Timurids lost a huge swathe of land.

07.jpg

Burning with fury, Timur the Lame refuses to back down and declares war against the Ilkhanate to regain much needed territories. The Ilkhans will not survive this, and breaking our truce will mean a massive lost of the Emperor's prestige.

But we will not watch as the balance of power shifts in their favor....
We've sacrificed too much for that...

ass.jpg

08.jpg

This time the blade strikes true.

09.jpg

The Death of the Khan signals the dissolution of the truce - and the Ilkhanates diplomats quickly make their move...

10.jpg

The Golden Alliance is reforged.

RK47

Patron
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat the fuck is that island on the west?

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
It's the new landmass they're adding in the Old Gods. Didn't you see the Developer's Diary today?

Needs to have the Elder Scrolls mod merged in.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom