Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Alright I'm out of ideas. The Timurid horde just grew to 300k.
And the Ilkhanate's military force is about to wiped off the face of the planet.

It wouldn't be so bad if the Timurids territory has supply of around 20k per county - but nope. It's mostly 9-15ks supply. It makes logistics a nightmare, which their 300k stack fucking ignored the attrition due to magic horse milk and power of Islam.

fuk.png

This is a fair challenge - if they don't ignore a attrition and doesn't need money to support.

How am I supposed to bring a force strong enough to smack it down if they can't even stack up without taking high attrition?

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Are Legacy of Rome and Republic worthy of 20bucks?

No because it feels like CK2 and its DLC are on 75% off Steam sales every month. I guarantee you there will be a sale around when the new DLC comes out, covering everything but the most recent DLC.

RK47

Patron
Check Greenmangaming etc. Other non-steam sources can sell cheap sometime.

Just send wave after wave of your own men at them.

They'll eventually run out of arrows, and be forced to surrender.

RK47

Patron
Thing is their massive stack of Horse Archer is excellent for all three phases of the battle - Skirmish (Range) Melee and Pursuit.
I doubt I even have the option to build up new retinues now that the war is going on.

Thing is their massive stack of Horse Archer is excellent for all three phases of the battle - Skirmish (Range) Melee and Pursuit.
I doubt I even have the option to build up new retinues now that the war is going on.

Then you're fucked, unless you're going to let invade, then swarm their territory with troops in order to get as high a warscore as possible.

RK47

Patron
I thought of that too, but I doubt they'd follow us that far.

Imperator

Scholar
What should i do in 1204 campaing whit the byzantines attack the latin empire or the turks?

RK47

Patron
There's some up and downs between the two options, but if I were you - I'd hit Seljuks first and get a quick truce called if you won.
That would keep you safe from Holy War CB for a time - and hopefully they will hit the Latin Empire instead.
And Holy War CB tend to give much bigger land claims - yet taking over Muslim counties with Turkish culture is always going to be slightly challenging (higher revolt) than a Greek Orthodox territory.

RK47

Patron
Gold and Iron

To let the Ilkhanate fall would mean our Empire is next. We must not let that happen.

01.jpg

The balance of power must be maintained. Once again, the Golden Horde answer the call to arms.

02.jpg

Assaulting the unprotected western borders - the Horde quickly recaptures the weakly defended holdings to turn the tide of war.

03.jpg

And buy time for a stalemate.

04.jpg

The Ilkhans are in full retreat to the north - no less than 280,000 Timurids headed towards their direction.

05.jpg

Their financial positions also left them in a serious disadvantage. We must rectify that.

06.jpg

Financial aid was sent, but no amount of gold can save the last of the Ilkhanate's horde. Their 80,000 strong Horde were caught and annihilated.

07.jpg

08.jpg

Is there no end to this waaagh?

09.jpg

That little demon must die!

10.jpg

The Golden Horde's efforts were not in vain however, as they turned the warscore and restored parity.

11.jpg

And death to the Khan!

12.jpg

Still cold comfort for the Ilkhanate's remnants... 270,000 Timurids' Hordes roam unchecked in the northern regions.
How do we stop something this massive?

RK47

Patron
The Golden Defense Iniative

01.jpg

While it is true the captured Timurid territories are making a dent on the warscore - we're slowing down the inevitable. Already, the Ilkhanates are plagued with revolts and the Byzantines have declared war to recapture their lost territory. Time is against us.

02.jpg

We're going to have to act - if we want to live in a different world.

A new front must be opened. We must rally the men from Poland and Rus territories, splitting the Timurid Horde in half.

03.jpg

As the two Kingdoms provide much needed levy to mount an effective offensive, the rest of the empire will not stand idle.

04.jpg

Forces from as far as Africa will be rallied and join the battle. A massive fleet will partake in the biggest troop movements through the mediterranian. Not a single levy will be spared, forces from southern regions of Egypt will be called upon as well. And the offensive on the Timurids' southern territories will be gradually withdrawn and redeployed on the northern front.

05.jpg

Also, our assassins will be dispatched to slay the fearsome Timurid general, Shirgugetu. Hopefully the absence of skilled officers will improve our forces chances of beating the Timurid horde in open combat.

06.jpg

07.jpg

Thankfully the recent assassination of the Khan made loyalty very shaky in the Timurid Empire. Hopefully we can set off a chain reaction.

08.jpg

Deus Vult.

RK47

Patron
Broken Sword
The GDI withdrawal from the southern Timurid territory is nearly complete.

01.jpg

And the assassination went off without a hitch.
02.jpg

But the Northern build up is about to be interrupted by a savage attack. A stray Ilkhan forces attempts to retake captured territories, but could not escape the charge of a 100,000 strong Timurid forces. The GDI will move in to assist.

03.jpg

04.jpg

The valiant assist brought much hope to the outnumbered Ilkhanate's forces. But even then, danger looms...

05.jpg

The other half of the massive horde, 170,000 strong advances towards the battle!

06.jpg

We were so close to winning that battle... and then -

07.jpg

We could not break away in time...

08.jpg

Over 200,000 men died in that battle. Is this the end of the GDI Alliance?

RK47

Patron
This is our last stand
24 December 1384 - The day of defeat
There is no justice in this.
01.jpg

Only survival of the fittest.

02.jpg

Only 15,000 survived the massacre. Even now a hastily prepared defensive forces are gathering by the river bank to salvage whatever they can out of this. The Timurids plans to deliver the decisive blow.

This is our last stand.

03.jpg

04.jpg

Let the Earth be our witness. For we stand for Righteousness! NONE SHALL BE SPARED!

05a.jpg

For the Light shall purge the Darkness...

05.jpg

06.jpg

A lone blade plunges into the Timurid commanders, one after another, soon their men battled without a single officer in command, throwing them into disarray!

07.jpg

Is this the chance we've been waiting for?

08.jpg

09.jpg

NO RETREAT!

10.jpg

220,000 men clash on the county of Guryev, turning the river crimson red.

11.jpg

VICTORY IS AT HAND!

12.jpg

AGAINST ALL ODDS! DEATH TO ALL HERETICS! THE EMPEROR PROTECTS!

poland.png

22 March 1385 - The Timurids mounts a second assault.

13.jpg

We are ready for them this time.

14.jpg

We will bring down this beast.

15.jpg

NO ESCAPE!

16.jpg

YOU HAVE NO COMMAND AND SHALL BE CONQUERED!

17.jpg

18.jpg

FALL BEFORE THE MIGHT OF THE GOLDEN THRONE!

19.jpg

RK47

Patron
mmmmmmmm looks good. Especially the tech pops. Can really plan better for war / peace time tech builds.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Playing as Muslims for the first time; created the Tunisian Emirate, working toward the African Kingdom.

How do you keep decadence down? Should I dole out lands to everyone, only keeping like one/two territories to myself? Should I constantly be focusing on technology advance (I have an "Ahead %" modifier). Gotta admit, still not sure what "decides" battles. I think there was something changed in the battle mechanics, but I dunno what it was.

Also, the Hashishun killed the shit out of like half the women in the kingdom. Didn't kill a single man, though. Some hardcore bros, that's for sure.

Borelli

Arcane
Playing as Muslims for the first time; created the Tunisian Emirate, working toward the African Kingdom.

How do you keep decadence down? Should I dole out lands to everyone, only keeping like one/two territories to myself? Should I constantly be focusing on technology advance (I have an "Ahead %" modifier). Gotta admit, still not sure what "decides" battles. I think there was something changed in the battle mechanics, but I dunno what it was.

Also, the Hashishun killed the shit out of like half the women in the kingdom. Didn't kill a single man, though. Some hardcore bros, that's for sure.
Don't have many sons. Marrying >40 age women should help with that. When each and every ruler has 4 wives then you will find yourself with many many many distant family members who each trickle a tiny 0.02% amount of decadence but together they crash your dynasty. Also as soon as your ruler comes to power kill all your half brothers, or at least imprison them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom