Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

class for eschalon book 2

Saxon1974

Prophet
So what's a fun class to play that makes this game a nice challenge? In book I used a ranger but it seemeded like I just ran around enemies and shot at them from a distance....seemed too easy. Maybe ill try a healer this time.

quasimodo

Augur
Magic of either kind is pretty overpowered. Try a character with no magic at all. Like a fighter who has to buy potions or a maybe rogue who uses alchemy.

Saxon1974

Prophet
quasimodo said:
Magic of either kind is pretty overpowered. Try a character with no magic at all. Like a fighter who has to buy potions or a maybe rogue who uses alchemy.

Actually I think I will try a melee fighter with alchemy but with picks locks....will see how that works out.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
A nice challenge? The problem is some of the challenging choices aren't fun to play. And the game contains trainers so you'll get a better character if you manage to refrain from increasing some of the skills while amassing the money needed to train them. I guess one of the conditions for a "nice challenge" would be to play the game as if you knew nothing about the trainers. Fighter + alchemy can be pretty challenging; get the foraging and alchemy skill and repair of course.

The rogue is always a challenge since there is relatively a lot of rogueish skills.

flushfire

Augur
combat wise melee loses out to other options, since the problem of 1 square movement/turn for both you and enemies is unchanged from book 1. so when faced with multiple enemies with ranged attacks you are at a huge disadvantage. a dagger rogue without magic is challenging to play until you get stealth to a high enough level that most enemies won't even fight back.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom