Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Classic D&D/AD&D/OSR Art

Archibald

Arcane
zzxfuLr.jpg

Where is this from?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
2uzVSv5.jpg

The cartoon is probably specifically referencing TSR 9029 Permanent Character Folder and Adventure Records, which included a page for "highlights of a character's life and previous adventures" that ended with a space for the character's "Last Will and Testament":

x8890m.jpg

bvzipm.jpg

Berengar

Learned
Feel like I'm going crazy trying to find this piece in here. Can't seem to find it but I swear it was posted.
The photorealistic painting of the lady rogue saying something to a bard(?). Who made that? That style is so sick!

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Feel like I'm going crazy trying to find this piece in here. Can't seem to find it but I swear it was posted.
The photorealistic painting of the lady rogue saying something to a bard(?). Who made that? That style is so sick!
Glen Orbik, who created the painting used for the AD&D 2nd edition Trivia Game, a portion of which was then cropped for a color page in PHBR7 The Complete Bard's Handbook:

BugOpyf.jpg

He only created two other pieces of art for TSR: the cover of adventure module GA3 Tales of Enchantment and an interior color piece for PHBR12 The Complete Paladin's Handbook (doesn't seem to have appeared anywhere else).

hf_Tales_of_Enchantment-786x1024.jpg
607926613b6a873d3fe2c56fedafd1ce--fantasy-male-high-fantasy.jpg

Glen-Orbik-Bio.jpg
Glen Orbik sadly passed away of cancer in 2015.
DD%20GA3%20Cover.png
DD%20PHBR12%20Paladin.png
DD%20PHBR7%20Thief%20&%20Bard.png

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I hope this hasn't already been mentioned ITT but there's a documentary film covering the history of art in the D&D game that is just outstanding.

Eye of the Beholder: The Art of Dungeons & Dragons

81+PEqTQsKL._SL1500_.jpg

It features interviews with many of the all-time best including guys like Elmore and Easley and many others. If you grew up looking at these guys' works you will get misty-eyed watching this film.

It's available on Amazon if you're interested. Highly, highly recommended.

Berengar

Learned
I had no idea Mike Mignola ever did D&D art this is awesome. Did he do art for modules pre-Hellboy or something? Would love to see more if it exists.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom