Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline CoD Advanced Warfare ft. Kevin Spacey

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Mission Failed : You didn't show any respects

Garryydde

Arcane
Patron
Douchebag! Repressed Homosexual
B1dLyiZCYAAYyTh.jpg:large
:hero:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Additional Uses for the F Key at a Call of Duty Funeral

honorguard.jpg

Press F repeatedly to tip the Marine honor guard with singles.

Press F to fist bump the chaplain.

Press F repeatedly to give the chaplain a jive handshake and double elbow bump.

Press F to no scope 360 tears down out of your eyes.

Press F to pick up loot from treasure chests.

Press F to open the casket's secret doors.

Press and hold F to build up power for throwing flowers onto the casket.

Press F to receive folded flag and repeatedly press F to collect death benefit coins as they fly out of the flag.

Press F to taunt the usher with one of your catchphrases. "I came here to bury my son and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum."

Press F to remember the fun times you had with the deceased breaching doors and smoking tangos.

Press F to tweet about #gamergate from the funeral.

Press F to become a heartless mercenary with nothing to lose.

Press and hold F to hug the deceased's mother and rub your hand around on her back in a comforting way.

Press F repeatedly to wrestle with knife wielding attacker.

Press F to offer your condolences to the correct sister at the funeral. Get it wrong and you will fail the mission.

dutyrito.jpg

Press F to speak to the widow.

Press and hold F to speak to the widow in a cool Batman voice.

Press and hold F to plant a claymore.

Press F to order a pizza on your phone.

Press and hold F to add a side of mozarella dippin' sticks with that order.

Press F repeatedly to thank Dom for taking your pizza order.

Press and hold F to offer your condolences to Dom, the pizza app on your phone.

Press F to give folded flag to pizza guy.

Press and hold F to hug the pizza guy and rub your hand around on his back in a comforting way.

Press F to Dorito.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
CoD games are like Transformers movies. Everybody makes fun of them, but then a ton of people go and pay to watch/play them (often you do to) and one can only get drunk to try to forget how such awfulness is able to make a shitton of money, while good stuff suffers.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I hope there's a QTE with the rifles after paying respects. Follow the prompts on screen to shoot at the sky alongside your fellow soldiers, if you miss a beat you have to watch the ceremony all over again.
You'll have to watch a minute at most. Watching a full military funeral service would be too respectful and authentic. The ceremony will probably be bombarded by enemy gunfire after you press F.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Don't care what you think of the "gameplay" but they do invest big money making pretty good live action trailers every year:

Literally the Transformers of video games are this point. :what:

What I don't get is that if the Transformers and other similar films are ridiculed for their stupidity, than why is CoD different? Every review should start with something like: this game is ridiculous and stupid.

Machocruz

Arcane
What I don't get is that if the Transformers and other similar films are ridiculed for their stupidity, than why is CoD different? Every review should start with something like: this game is ridiculous and stupid.

That's obvious based on what we know of the structure of game news dissemination and how websites make money. The news sites that hire the film reviewers aren't dependent on the film studios for news, and thus traffic. Enthusiast sites that revolve around an entertainment medium tend to play softball. I sometimes visit Aint It Cool News, and you should see some of the dreck that gets a pass from the writers over there. Not only films, but those few rare times they cover a video games, the tone is on par with the worst hype mongering you've ever seen from game sites.

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate

Unless you're reading IGN, every review calls COD's campaign to be brainless Bayhem in vidya game form.

But at least COD's campaign doesn't have stupid piss jokes, robots talking like nigger, gay Chinese trying to rape Shia Labeouf, dog fucking, robots dry humping Megan Fox, dat Victoria girl with obviously fake boobs and grotesque lips, shaky cameras that make my head explode. COD's campaign is what Bay was when he made The Rock and Armageddon. Stupid but not offensive.

Also that trailer was directed by Peter Berg. A Bay-imitator. I actually liked his Battleship more than the recent Bayshit.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Just watched Lirik beat the game,only the last hour or so. Took him 5h15min to play through the campaign.

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
Also that trailer was directed by Peter Berg. A Bay-imitator. I actually liked his Battleship more than the recent Bayshit.

Didn't Battleship flop miserably? How do people like that still get jobs?

Because Bobby Kotick knows Peter Berg can do Bayhem just as well as the real Bay, presumably for a fraction of the real Bay's salary seeing that he had this Battleship flop on his resume. And audiences won't be able to tell the difference. Case in point, this Callofduty trailer. (Meanwhile, EA actually hired the real Micheal Bay to direct a trailer for Need for Speed The Run, and that game still flopped.)

Also Battleship is actually satirical, like Starship Troopers. Probably less obvious but it is.

lightbane

Arcane
So, the game is out, uh. This means sooner or later a new "If Doom was made today" will be done. I wonder if it will be as good as the previous ones.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
But at least COD's campaign doesn't have stupid piss jokes, robots talking like nigger, gay Chinese trying to rape Shia Labeouf, dog fucking, robots dry humping Megan Fox, dat Victoria girl with obviously fake boobs and grotesque lips, shaky cameras that make my head explode. COD's campaign is what Bay was when he made The Rock and Armageddon. Stupid but not offensive.
Agreed. But give it time.

Also, Battleship was way better than any Michael Bay film I have seen (and I think I have seen them all). I liked it more than most summer blockbusters in recent years.

Bitcher1

Cipher

Didn't Battleship flop miserably? How do people like that still get jobs?
It's kinda funny thing, actually. Berg wasn't particularly interested in doing Battleship, but Universal execs dangled the possibility of financing Lone Survivor (which was his pet project) if he accepts the job. He did and as it turned out, the 200M+ budgeted Bay-pastiche flopped while the 40M budgeted Lone Survivor was quite a hit.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I have been playing CoD since MW2, online at least, I did play the first few single player.

It's always a blast unlocking all the stuff and just dicking around in general. Play classes that make people rage, use loadouts people think suck and do well etc.

I must say that I didn't really enjoy Black Ops II or Ghosts much, but the few matches I played yesterday in AW were fun as fuck.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I have been playing CoD since MW2, online at least, I did play the first few single player.

I played the CoD franchise up to MW2. MW2 killed it for me, I went back to playing CoD4 after that, and after a few years of meh servers I just went back to CS:S / CS:GO (I also had a very brief BFBC2 interlude, which came to a hasty end anyway mostly because of the "team-oriented" gameplay, which didn't really work for public, casual servers for un-clanned people).

The whole "skill/perk" system, the pretend-stats, the tags, the silly gadgetry (heartbeat detectors? signal jammers? WTF), the icons, the fluffy rainbow magical kingdom titles and rewards/awards, the dress-me-up weapon skins, the retarded killstreak rewards, it's all shit that took away from the core of the game. Unlocking stuff is also extremely retarded, and cheating has definitively gone up, especially since MW2. The overly dramatic ZOMG KWA IS UNDER ATTACK single player campaigns, even ignoring the retarded storyline, were crap from a gameplay point of view: pop from cover, shoot 2 guys that pop up from the most obvious spots in the corridor-like level, cutscene, cutscene, cutscene, demi-QTE, rinse and repeat. All of this fluff just took away from the core of the game, which was supposed to be, ultimately, shooting stuff in da face.

Hence my preference for "simpler" titles such as CoD4 (also CoD1/2) and CounterStrike. Less drama, less fluff and much more shooting, teamwork (when applicable) and personal skill (rather than MMORPG-style "time-waste farming", which rewards time spent on a server rather than skill) involved.

Furthermore, as a personal preference, I really can't stand futuristic-wannabeshooters. I like them "real", either with contemporary weaponry or historical one, but they gotta be "real". No pew pew layzurz, thanks.

So,

2/10, would not play.

Last edited:

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
the few matches I played yesterday in AW were fun as fuck.

Yeah I just played one match. Seems like an improved version of Crysis 3. They picked the best features of Crysis 3's multiplayer and threw out the annoying part. Bunny hopping and aim-down-sight shooting with fast kill time didn't mix well in Crysis 3. In AW they limit your energy so you can't hop much in a duel. In the end it's still classic COD mechanism in a fight: you spot someone first, you win. The exosuit just gives you extra mobility to get better first strike angles. But unlike in Crysis 3, at least the kills are less random.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom