Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. 3DS

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/games/60106367/e3-2014-eyes-on-code-name-steam

Valkyria Chronicles combat mechanics? Battlefield London? Team created by executive order of President Abraham Lincoln to fight Cthulhuian aliens? Cell-shaded 19th century Steampunk/Golden Age superhero comic aesthetics? From the makers of Fire Emblem and Xenoblade Chronicles?

Wtf, is there any context or precedent for this?

grudgebringer

Demo is out, any opinions here? IMO it's all fun at first, but then gets a bit repetitive.

deuxhero

Arcane
Apparently the demo's inability to speed up enemy turns (which you pretty much never see anything during as you are limited to what your units can see) gets worse in the full game when maps have more enemies.

Combined with the toxic Crusher as Lincoln, I'll wait till the price drops.

victim

Arbiter
Possibly Retarded Vatnik
I was going to preorder but after playing the demo I may not get it at all. Didn't really remind me of VC at all.

This game is actually quite good, and gets more technical later on. The demo doesn't do it any favors.

The gaming 'journalists' who didn't like the game cited 'too much difficulty' as their primary issue. If anything that should make you want to play this even more.

ColCol

Arcane
This game is actually quite good, and gets more technical later on. The demo doesn't do it any favors.

The gaming 'journalists' who didn't like the game cited 'too much difficulty' as their primary issue. If anything that should make you want to play this even more.

Do party Members have different weapons/specials? The trailer makes it look like each party member has one weapon and one special.

Keldryn

Arcane
Apparently the demo's inability to speed up enemy turns (which you pretty much never see anything during as you are limited to what your units can see) gets worse in the full game when maps have more enemies.

Combined with the toxic Crusher as Lincoln, I'll wait till the price drops.

Today's Nintendo Direct revealed that there will be an update that tweaks the user experience, such as allowing you to speed up enemy turns.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom