Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Code Vein - new action RPG from God Eater devs at Bandai Namco

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
hE0F2ym.jpg

LRdXbI0.jpg

ISti7o1.jpg

https://www.bandainamcoent.com/games/code-vein

GAME OVERVIEW
IN THE FACE OF CERTAIN DEATH,
WE RISE.

In the not too distant future, a mysterious disaster has brought collapse to the world as we know it. Towering skyscrapers, once symbols of prosperity, are now lifeless graves of humanity’s past pierced by the Thorns of Judgment. At the center of the destruction lies a hidden society of Revenants called Vein. This final stronghold is where the remaining few fight to survive, blessed with Gifts of power in exchange for their memories and a thirst for blood. Give into the bloodlust fully and risk becoming one of the Lost, fiendish ghouls devoid of any remaining humanity. Wandering aimlessly in search of blood, the Lost will stop at nothing to satisfy their hunger. Team up and embark on a journey to the ends of hell to unlock your past and escape your living nightmare in CODE VEIN.

KEY FEATURES
UNITE TO SURVIVE

Featuring a story driven connected dungeon experience, dive into the world of CODE VEIN. Create your own character and choose your partner as you venture out into a world of destruction, overrun by the Lost. Use your combined strength to coordinate your approach and defend each other from surprise attacks or overpowered enemies using your Blood Veil and various weapons. Change the feel of the game depending on which partner you choose, each with their own combat style and background story.

BENEATH THE VEIL

Experience the power of blood as you use unique Blood Veils to drain your enemies to enhance your abilities. Using “Gifts” powered by enemy blood, players can increase their strength, weaken enemies, and utilize new weapon abilities and overpowered attacks.

GREAT CHALLENGE BRINGS GREATER REWARDS

Take on the Lost as you explore the malefic world of CODE VEIN. Choose from a myriad of weapons such as bayonets, axes and spears, to accommodate your favorite battle style. Apply strategy in your attacks through partnered coordination and Blood Veil enhancements, ready to bring down the most threatening enemies.

Some details: http://gematsu.com/2017/04/code-vein-first-details-screenshots

Coming to "major home consoles" in 2018. I think it's likely also coming to PC.

Hyperion

Arcane
Shameless Bloodborne copy with Vampires instead of not-Werewolves. Let's hope they can differentiate themselves enough like Ni-Oh did to freshen up the formula nicely. Dunno if the "partner" system will be enough, though.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Meh. Looks way too weeb in a bad way. If they wanted to be cool about having a sci-fi vamp setting then they should've copied Vampire Hunter D.

willdunz

Literate
Some people forget this game is made by the God Eater team. You just need to play that to understand what this team is capable of, and the answer is not much.

They made like 4 or 5 God eater games back when everyone was trying to copy Monster Hunter. All of them are pretty much the same: floaty combatl , same recycled 4-5 types of enemy and bad graphics. Story is typical anime plot nothing special. They do make some good waifus if you are into that.

I imagine this game will have the same problems. Except now they are trying to copy Souls formula instead of MH.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Obviously it's coming to PC:

Code Vein is coming to PS4, XB1 and PC in 2018! In the not too distant future, a mysterious disaster has brought collapse to the world as we know it. Towering skyscrapers, once symbols of prosperity, are now lifeless graves of humanity’s past pierced by the Thorns of Judgment. At the center of the destruction lies a hidden society of Revenants called Vein. This final stronghold is where the remaining few fight to survive, blessed with Gifts of power in exchange for their memories and a thirst for blood. Give into the bloodlust fully and risk becoming one of the Lost, fiendish ghouls devoid of any remaining humanity.

hackncrazy

Savant
The problem with these games is that they are completely shit to play if you don't like multiplayer because:

- You have to play with AI controlled partners because the bosses are badly balanced, and then it will be a cakewalk because the AI will be made by gods;

or

- If you play solo, you'll keep on a single boss fight for 35-40 minutes (again lack of balance), which surpass every limit of boredom;

Since they made some kek souls jokes before the announcement trailer, I have a bit of hope that they'll know that the souls fandom likes to play solo and will balance the game the right way (remembering that, on the other hand of what I described, the souls games bosses are horrendously balanced for multiplayer battles as well), we can get a good thing.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Jesus Christ almighty. Even some of the animations are straight up lifted from Dark Souls / Bloodborne. How fucking lazy can Namco get.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I wonder why they decided to go with the anime look if they really want to cater Souls audience.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I wonder why they decided to go with the anime look if they really want to cater Souls audience.
Well, I don't think the Japanese Souls audience has a problem with kirito and assna running around in their Souls game.

bonus:
KiDIpS0.jpg

Martius

Liturgist
Probably decision of studio Shift which worked earlier on God Eater series. Art style in these games is similar to Code Vein, of course less detailed since it was done mainly for psp and vita.

RoSoDude

Arcane
Huge news everyone, this game has a Domino's Pizza tie-in!

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...e-vein-characters-really-enjoy-dominos-pizza/

...but also there's some new footage. Via IGN:

And here's Polygon's video where they die to the boss at the end:

It kinda seems like the AI companion will just make everything trivially easy. She takes aggro for you, she can revive you repeatedly, etc. It's like playing the entirety of Dark Souls with a summoned partner.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Well, considering how many people did exactly that, I'm guessing pleb souls will be decently popular.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm surprise, I'd expect a modern mass-market action game - and anime to boot - would be lightning fast, Nioh style. You know, everything has to be progressively faster, twitchier and flashier. But this combat pace seems even slower than Lords of the Fallen.

Not that I'm complaining, on the contrary actually, but it's p. surprising.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom