Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Blood Bowl League Season #2. Finale is upcoming

Allow custom teams and/or developed teams?

• Total voters

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Thread for previous season is here: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...-return-lagole-gon-is-champion-huzzah.118589/

#1. Blood Bowl can be a serious time commitment - take this into account - you must be able to play at least one match per week. If you are not sure you can do that, you probably should not apply.
#2. Look at #1 again and make sure you can play one match per week before applying. All coaches that do not play their matches within the weekly timeframe of the matchday will make everyone else sad.
#3. There will be breaks for various major international festivities
#4. We are going to play Cyanide's Blood Bowl 2. You must have a legit (as in with a working multiplayer key) copy of this to participate. You can play with us even if you only have the Basic edition of BB2.
#5. We are using Steam's instant messenger to organize matches. If you hate Steam with all the passion of your heart and won't install it, tough luck.
#6. All Blood Bowl rules implemented into BB2 apply except ageing and mixed teams.
#7. Situations not covered by the rules will be dealt with using common sense.
#8. Newfags and veterans alike are much welcome!!!
#9. To apply, provide following information:
Steam name - Cyanide name - timezone (in GMT format) - team race (can be changed later)
#10. We allow new teams up to 1300 TV to join. Minimum 11 players (journeymen are allowed, but will be counted towards your TV). Teams from previous season can join as long as they have played no further games, no other strings.

Currently known participants Prestigious Gentlemen:
Codex Name | Steam Name | BB Name | Timezone | Team
Grunker - Grunker - Grunker - GMT+1 - Skaven
Berekän | berekan | Beercän | GMT+1 | TBD
Jaedar | Jaedar | Jaedar | GMT+1 | Slann (aka kislev circus)
Chef_Hathaway| Mago Musculoso | von Stoheim | CST/ GMT -6 | TBD, leaning Khemri
Darth Roxor | Blasius Multibibus | Roxorowski | UTC+1 | Bretons
Lagole Gon | Lagole Gon | Lagole Gon | UTC+1 | the legendary Sword Coast Shamblers (Undead)
dakasha V | Qumstaynze | DakaSha | Hawaii (-10 GMT, I think at this time of year) | tbd
Megrim | Megrim | Megrim | +10 | tba
RK47 | RK47 | r3dknight | GMT+8 | Pro Elf
Undead Phoenix | Pheoni | Pheoni - GMT+0 | Lizardmen

The first order of business is to decide what teams to allow for this league. Last league we only accepted fresh teams.

In my opinion, all teams from previous season should be allowed. I also think allowing teams under 1200-1400 TV to join is good (assuming their match history is legit), including custom teams (with no doubles or statups).

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
As for your question, I certainly think old teams should be allowed to carry over and I think whether 1200 or 1400 custom new teams should be allowed should depend on carry-over TV. Probably 1200?

Grunker - Grunker - GMT+1 - Skaven

Thank you for hosting the league, Jaedong :salute:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Also, during the steam winter sale, bb2 is on sale for 10 euro (sadly the dlc and expansion have way worse discounts) if any newfags are interested.

Megrim

Educated
I will most likely reup, not sure about team. Elf team just rolled some juicy skillups last round, but I'm not sure I can stand another season of elves.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
We need someone to play Kislev Circus.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Lagole Gon Darth Roxor
Please register following rule #9 :M

Seems most people agree old teams should be allowed to return, and no one has voted against it.

No one except Grunker has commented on TV limit for new teams though. It is better to decide sooner than later, so people have time to play teams to the appropriate TV if they want.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
accursed lazy swedes

Darth Roxor | Blasius Multibibus | Roxorowski | UTC+1 | Bretons

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
1300TV new teams seems healthy and varied.

Andnjord would have to accept that, his TV is exactly 1300. It might be somewhat unfair to him. Some races benefit a lot from custom creation and FF is just a bloat.

My current TV is 1430. It will be 1400 after I buy a stadium upgrade. I might also consider firing a 40k zombie.

RK47

Patron
I said NEW TEAMS
Existing team can just play as much as they want to raise skills n good to bloat themselves

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
the only thing that needs to communicate is my fist with your face

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
1300TV new teams seems healthy and varied.

Andnjord would have to accept that, his TV is exactly 1300. It might be somewhat unfair to him. Some races benefit a lot from custom creation and FF is just a bloat.

My current TV is 1430. It will be 1400 after I buy a stadium upgrade. I might also consider firing a 40k zombie.

Custom teams have the advantage of tuning but the disadvantage of no doubles or stat-ups tho.

I think 1300 sounds about fair. Jaedar what's your own feeling?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
lol custom tuned teams

real men level their teams on the torrid sands of the arena

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom