Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Codex Bloodbowl League

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Lagole Gon I think you need to make it not mysterious because it's not like we can play unless we know. It would not be sporting to change the rules in the middle after all.
I understand that there's currently no proper finals and the person with the most points wins?
Yes. That is the case.
Okay. So the next match is the final match.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
In 40 minutes I'm playing Roxor as a champion selected by DarkUnderlord in a match for the fate of Maxie's shoutbox access.
Maybe someone is a streamer and want to stream it for the codexian audience?

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Well played, Darth Roxor, I hope you're not forever jaded about blood bowl and decide to give it another go one day.

i was considering signing up for the next season and even made a team for it

i no longer consider signing up for the next season

ragequit.png

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
I played him like a fiddle. Pure skill, no luck.
But I thought you (Chaos Dwarves) and Jaedar (Dark Elves) were supposed to fight in the final match?
It was friendly match. Roxor wanted to free Maxie to roam shoutbox again. I was granted an honor of being DarkUnderlord's chosen champion and faced Roxor in a glorious battle.

Domenico-di-pace-beccafumi-fall-of-the-rebel-angels.jpg

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
The game that broke Roxor.
I have to say, judging by the lineups alone I expected the Necromantic to have the edge. I am a bit surprised the Undead didn't take advantage of having Skeleton Linemen, because it would negate Werewolves' inherent Claw skill (at least in theory). And the amount of touchdowns is impressive, considering both teams are pretty slow.

Zanzoken

Arcane
All right lads, I have to brag on myself just a little bit.

Dark Elves (me) vs Goblins. His ball, start of my Turn 6.

6VPS3cP.png

First I make a 2+ dodge with a downed lino to take away his assist on my blitzer.

qQsJ0RK.png

Blitzer throws a 2d block, result is a push. This creates a box that I can use to chain-push his ball carrier on the next hit.

IgNt1Vz.png

Next I block with the lino standing beside the blitzer. 2d block, result is a pow, which knocks his player back and, thanks to the box we just made, allows me to chain-push the ball carrier into base contact with my lino based southwest of the troll.

Zf8bkPh.png

Next is a block with my lino standing in front of the troll. 2d block, result is a pow, which knocks his player back and thanks to another box, allows me to chain-push his flail dude one space to the left so it's now against the sideline.

EAJNjc2.png

Next is a block on the ball carrier. 2d block, result is a defender stumbles but because he has Dodge it's only a push. The ball carrier is pushed against the sideline, and I don't follow it so as to avoid basing the flail dude.

k0lAFSy.png

Now all that's left is to blitz the ball carrier. Flail dude acts as a backstop, so ball carrier has no choice but to be surfed on a diagonal push.

0Ed9LYf.png

And the ball ping pongs around for a while until finally landing in one of my guy's hands!

N2mLihv.png

Unfortunately I made a small positioning error that prevented me from scoring off the turnover. I was four players down going into the 2nd, he got a turnover on me and scored to make it 0-1, then I somehow managed a 3-turn score with only 6 players to finish in a 1-1 tie.
tl;dr I suck at Blood Bowl but chain-pushing and surfing dudes is fun.
:M:M:M:dance::M:M:M

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
Zanzoken Why are you not using Left Ctrl to see the grid and the extra skills?

Flesh golem is a zombie for a price of 110k (and a RR on the starting lineup). Change my mind.
It's a Big Guy with Stand Firm, who has access to Block on first level up. This can make it really hard to deal with (unless you're AG4 team). And you get two of them.

Zanzoken

Arcane
bionicman are you around today? We still have a pending match to finish up the Codex side league.

I am free for the next 3 or 4 hours if you're available, if not then it'll probably have to wait until tomorrow.

Harthwain

Magister
STR 4 doesn't make one a big guy.
It means you require 3 players (assuming ST3 and no skills such as Dauntless, Horns, etc.) in order to get 2D block on him. That's a significant contribution, even if it's "only" ST4 player. And he negates Push (and later Both Down) results. Unless you have Juggernaut skill. I seldom see anyone taking it, but being able to free two of your players (and the Blitzer himself can repositon, provided there is some movement left) has value.

You can even use it to counter players with Wrestle. In fact, I will run an experiment later today with some custom players to check it out.

I do normally but I don't think they show up on replays, which is where these screenshots came from.
They do. It's how I watch the replays.

Last edited:

Zanzoken

Arcane
Hmm I guess I just didn't have it switched on then.

The only skill I had on my team above fresh was Block on my Witch Elf. She was cas and not part of this play, although on an earlier turn I did use her Frenzy to chain-push his ball carrier into a 2d block from one of my linos, which resulted in a push.

I don't think he had any levels on his goblins but he had a fanatic (i.e. the flail guy) and a looney with a chainsaw which caused me a lot of trouble.

bionicman

Liturgist
bionicman are you around today? We still have a pending match to finish up the Codex side league.

I am free for the next 3 or 4 hours if you're available, if not then it'll probably have to wait until tomorrow.

Sorry, I wasn't at my computer. I'm here now if you'd like to play. If it's too late now, then we'll play tomorrow.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Flesh golem is a zombie for a price of 110k (and a RR on the starting lineup). Change my mind.
It's really good to have one ST4 to help break open the LoS (mileage will vary depending on what team you're against). Flesh golem also gets strength on normals which is huge.

Lagole Gon ready whenever you are

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Welp, I can tell it was a joyless experience for Jaedar.
I don't think I'm going to play another league. Maybe some kind of gimmick joke league. I feel guilty because all that bashing.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Well, I tried. But there was nothing to it.

First 3 chorf turns, every turns I got a casualty (one was a ko but she failed all her rolls to get up so...). Somehow, by some good dodges, I manage to score anyway, with 3 turns on the clock, which should be manageable to hold out against chdorfs. But of course the kick scatters maximally, so lagole gets to hand it to a bull standing in a forward position. But he derps a bit (and actually fails some rolls), and I manage to down the bull. But the scatter again goes out of the pitch to where lagole can easily pick it up. And then he does a pickup, 3 gfis, handoff to bull and scores.

At this point it is halftime, and I am down 3 players and kicking, and it is pretty much over when lagole succeeds on picking up the ball on his first try and ejects another 2 of my players.

I might join next league as a goblin team or something, we'll see. Grats to gon on 1st place.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom