Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex cameo in video about diversity in gaming with Tim Cain

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Codex Cameo in this video from Gaider's twitter (with Tim Cain) at 14:51:

StrongBelwas

Savant
Patron
Esquilax
Big fucking deal. You're aware that someone who makes games/books/movies/TV shows that you don't like might also be a fan of certain shit you hate, right? I love Judas Priest, but Rob Halford has went on record as enjoying a whole bunch of bands I can't stand. Doesn't mean I'm going to stop listening to Stained Class any more. If the creator is continuing to make the sort of thing you enjoy, then throwing something silly like "YEAH WELL HE LIKED FO3 LOLOL!!" is just baseless edgy bullshit.

And besides, you really expect him to publicly bash FO3 if he truly hates it? This is the type of industry where people often end up working with one another at one point or another, so you can't just go around slamming someone else's work; you have to be diplomatic with this kind of shit. It's hilarious that people expect a fucking professional gamedev to go all skyway and start declaring that something is shit - you just can't do that sort of thing.

He mentioned in a MattChat interview that he wished that Bethesda did something else with the franchise (i.e. different factions) seeing as they set it in the East Coast instead of using caricatured versions of West Coast factions, so it's kinda unfair to say that he was absolutely crazy about FO3 and had no qualms with it.

Oh, and if you are pissed about his thoughts about FO3, check out Tim's thoughts on Oblivion being the greatest RPG of the 00's. :smug: Probably an elaborate troll, but hilarious either way.

tl;dr: Who gives a shit what he likes so long as he makes the kind of games you enjoy?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
And the first shot contains a bit of original text by Sceptic, while the second has a cameo from commie. If any of these guys want to start a youtube career, now would be the perfect moment.

I wonder if Tim Cain pointed them towards that thread.

Severian Silk

And besides, you really expect him to publicly bash FO3 if he truly hates it? This is the type of industry where people often end up working with one another at one point or another, so you can't just go around slamming someone else's work; you have to be diplomatic with this kind of shit. It's hilarious that people expect a fucking professional gamedev to go all skyway and start declaring that something is shit - you just can't do that sort of thing.
Codex wouldn't either if it weren't anonymous. :smug:

pippin

You can't say "youre wrong" but you can say "your actions have consequences"? Sounds like you wanted to tell someone he or she was wrong but you took a detour halfway which took you more time and effort, but you eventually got there anyways.

Still, I don't give a fuck about Tim Cain's private life because that's what it is, a private thing. I love Fallout and I love that his face is the icon for the game. If anything, I'd like to thank him for more than a few good memories when it comes to my video game experiences.

If I could change something I'd make Chris Avellone leave his valley girl-ish accent and teach him how to speak properly ffs.

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
Still, I don't give a fuck about Tim Cain's private life because that's what it is, a private thing. I love Fallout and I love that his face is the icon for the game. If anything, I'd like to thank him for more than a few good memories when it comes to my video game experiences.
Same. I don't give 2 shits what sexual orientation you are, tranny/bi/fag w/e, even if i don't agree with the life style. You make a good game? Shut up and take my money.

Mozg

Arcane
People, the internet message board is a higher art form than a 5k view youtube series

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
And the first shot contains a bit of original text by Sceptic, while the second has a cameo from commie. If any of these guys want to start a youtube career, now would be the perfect moment.

I wonder if Tim Cain pointed them towards that thread.

Heh...that was a long time ago...before brofists...before employment...before the swift slide to one line shitposting to grab cheap fists....

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Someone write a script to fist every commie post so he stops being so butthurt about his shitty ratio.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom