Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Conquer Club

Nex

Cipher
Hail fellow plebians,

Let us start a new conquerclub campaign. For those of you who do not know, conquerclub is basically online risk. It only takes a few mins a day( or every few days) of your valuable time and will bring you such joy that your pants will explode in excitement. There are many maps available, and multiple game modes including the wonderful team matches and the maps themselves are much more varied and enjoyable than board-game risk.

If we can get at least 4 people we will be able to run team games which, tbh, are the most fun. If we can get more then all the better as the fun will increase exponentially! If we get enough then we could even have a tournament which would make poor Nexies year.

You don't have to have experience, it's easy to get into and with half a BRIAN you can do quite well. It's also free to register and play( you can play up to 4 games at once with free membership) so why not at least try it!

Post here if your interested. The site is: http://www.conquerclub.com/

If anyone has a premium membership it will makes things easier otherwise, if we get enough interested parties, I will renew my premium membership so I can create passworded games.

Why not give it a go?

Khor1255

Arcane
Waiting for my activation but probably won't be able to play until later tonight or tomorrow. If it's anything like Risk this should be fun.

Nex

Cipher
Great, 4 people so far!

Waiting for my activation but probably won't be able to play until later tonight or tomorrow. If it's anything like Risk this should be fun.

I'll make some games tomorrow.

Have a look through the maps and if you see some you like then let me know otherwise I will pick them myself. Also note that games typically take several days to finish or more depending on the number of players in them as a player has 24h to make their turn after the last player did(except for speed games where it is 5 mins), so if you join some games, leave at least one slot( remember only 4 games for free players at a time), preferably 2 or more open for when we start playing.

Also it's worth reading the rules so you understand everything and ask as many questions as you need to to make things clear once we start.

Khor1255

Arcane
1st stupid question:
I entered the first Risk looking game I saw and am waiting for anything to happen. I have 3 troops placed on each city I own and (I guess) a total of 42 and 4 more reinforcements. It is the first turn and I assume that the first guy on the list has to make his move within 24 hrs to 'start the game'. I'm also guessing the little green circle by his name indicates it is his turn.

Where are the rules?

I looked a couple of places and only saw very basic instructions. I must be missing something.

Nex

Cipher
1st stupid question:
I entered the first Risk looking game I saw and am waiting for anything to happen. I have 3 troops placed on each city I own and (I guess) a total of 42 and 4 more reinforcements. It is the first turn and I assume that the first guy on the list has to make his move within 24 hrs to 'start the game'. I'm also guessing the little green circle by his name indicates it is his turn.

Where are the rules?

I looked a couple of places and only saw very basic instructions. I must be missing something.

Yeah the "Instructions" button at the top is what I meant. The green circle indicates his turn (and it works it's way down the list, it's also not always the first person who starts first). Initial troop assignment must have been set to automatic in game options which puts 3 on each area rather than allowing you to manually deploy them.

---

I. Deploying Your Troops

At the beginning of every turn you will collect a certain amount of troops. The number of troops you get is determined by this formula:

(regions ÷ 3, minimum of 3) + zone bonus + spoils bonus

Terminology:
"regions" are the total number of regions you occupy.
"zone bonus" are bonus troops you get for occupying all of the regions that make up a zone.
"spoils bonus" is the number of troops you get for playing a set of spoils.

What's a set of spoils? You earn spoils at the end of every turn in which you successfully conquer a region, just like reality! These spoils each represent a region on the map and can be blue, green or red. If you acquire 3 spoils of any one colour, or one of each, you now have a "set" of spoils which you may exchange for additional troops at this time. The value of these spoils depends on which spoils game option was chosen: escalating or flat-rate. You also get a 2 troop bonus on any region that you own if it is represented in the set.

- Escalating sets are worth 4,6,8,10,12,15,20... (i.e. the first set of spoils turned in by any player is worth 4 troops, the second set is worth 6, etc.)

Flat Rate sets are worth 4 for red, 6 for green, 8 for blue and 10 for mixed.

Nuclear sets are not worth any troops. Instead, each region in the set is nuked to a single neutral troop (even if you own it!).

You will place your troops on any regions that you occupy. The game will ask you for the name of a region, and how many troops to place there, and will continue doing this until all of your troops are deployed. Once you deploy troops, there's no changing your mind, so give this some thought first!

II. Assaulting Your Enemies

You may now assault any opponent's region from one of yours, as long as both regions are adjacent and your assaulting region has a minimum of two troops. This part is optional in that you may choose not to assault anyone.

Each time combat is initiated, the game engine will roll a die for each troop involved. The outcome is determined by the dice of the assaulting troops versus the dice of the defending troops.

The more troops involved on either side, the better the chances that side has of winning. But not all troops in the regions are necessarily involved. To be more specific, the game engine will roll a die for each assaulting troop, less 1 troop that stays behind, up to a maximum of 3 troops. Likewise, the game engine will roll a die for each defending troop, up to a maximum of 2 troops.

The outcome of combat is determined by comparing the strongest dice of either side. If the assaulting die was higher, then the defending region loses a troop. If the defending die was higher or equal, than the assaulting region loses a troop. This process is repeated once more if other troops remain involved on both sides.

If you destroy all of the troops in your opponent's region, you will then have to occupy it right away by advancing some of your troops (but not all and at least 1) from your assaulting region to the conquered region. If you conquer a player's last region, (thus eliminating him/her from the game) the former opponent's spoils become yours!

During this part of your turn, you may assault any adjacent regions, as many times as possible, until you decide to stop. For example, you may assault one or more times from one region, switch to another region and then back to the original.
III. Reinforcing Your Regions

When you are finished your assaults, you may reinforce your defending position. If desired, you may move some (but not all) of the troops from one of your regions to any connected region which you also occupy. The Reinforcements game option will determine how many of these reinforcement plays are allowed.

- With chained reinforcements, you can reinforce once and from a region connected by regions you own.

With adjacent reinforcements, you can reinforce once and only from a direct neighbour. This requires you to plan your deployment and advances more carefully.

With unlimited reinforcements, you can reinforce as many times as you like from regions connected by regions you own. This makes the game easier and more flexible.

Khor1255

Arcane
He hasn't taken his turn in a couple hours. I'll check again in a minute.

Nex

Cipher
He hasn't taken his turn in a couple hours. I'll check again in a minute.
Thats why I said it can take a few days( he has 24 hours to make it afterall). Not everyone checks more than once a day to make their turns. If we can organise certain times when we are all on we can speed through a game(s).

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I registered, wtf do I do now? My people demand lebensraum.

curry

Arcane
Registered. Playing this game is like:

ezkc2w.jpg

Nex

Cipher
Ok peoples. I will try to make some 8 player games, 4v4 and a 2v2v2v2. I expect the first few will be learning games for the noobies, so ask whatever questions you need to. I won't pick the more complex maps like stalingrad this time. Take special note of the team chat tick box when posting messages.

My username is Nek as Nex has been taken by some prick. Feel free to add me and the others here to your friends list. I will add you guys and so I can simply invite you to the games as soon as I make them( much easier).

Click game finder on the left side menu and put in these numbers to find the games:

Map: World 2.1
Type: 4v4
#: 10693942

Map: Napoleonic Europe
Type: 4v4
#: 10693947

Map: Fractured China
Type: 2v2v2v2
#: 10693952

The password will always be "codex". Always remember to have a good read of any legends on the maps as they will explain what you need to know specific to that map.

Remember, these are TEAM games, cooperate with your teammates and work out plans/goals/etc. Good communication can make a big difference.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom