Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Diversity Squad (Steam Multiplayer Group)

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
It's shit.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
It has great customization but the base gameplay is like gta lite with added grind. Also overpowered item shop guns + high level players playing against newbs. Not recommended.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
MetalCraze said:
SMA, I need to buy a good joystick for that first. Black Shark seems like a good game, although clearly made by Hamsters like everything from ED.

I use the Saitek AV8R which is only like 40 bucks. And the DCS series at least -- haven't tried ED's other games -- has a Western developer level of polish. They certainly don't feel like the typical "release now, patch to completion later" Eastern European titles.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Country_Gravy said:
On DDO I am on the server called Cannith and my name is CGravy of the Codex if anyone wants to try it out.
Cool. Let's join Cgravy on Cannith. Edit: On quick research it looks like that's where we were (though I only played for like 2 days, lol).

I'm planning on making a sneak attacking rogue.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Do I actually have to join the group or add to play with you guys? I might join one of those codex games later, with the free to play shit and all M:

who hosts the servers?

MetalCraze

Arcane
ScottishMartialArts said:
I use the Saitek AV8R which is only like 40 bucks.
But it doesn't have separate throttle. I'm thinking about buying Saitek X52 which is ~135 bucks here.
Although tell me - how are you managing to handle the chopper with only a stick? I mean you need to turn your head around in the cockpit and press buttons but since you hold joystick in the same hand as a mouse - how?

And the DCS series at least -- haven't tried ED's other games -- has a Western developer level of polish. They certainly don't feel like the typical "release now, patch to completion later" Eastern European titles.

What I mean by Hamsters is the general anti-western hysteria present in all of their games before they felt the sweet taste of dollars with Black Shark and did A-10C.

As for patches - for starters they should learn something about cumulative patches and ideally selective patching too, because A-10C will soon have patches taking more space than the game itself.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
MetalCraze said:
But it doesn't have separate throttle. I'm thinking about buying Saitek X52 which is ~135 bucks here.
Although tell me - how are you managing to handle the chopper with only a stick? I mean you need to turn your head around in the cockpit and press buttons but since you hold joystick in the same hand as a mouse - how?

It's tricky. Generally I trim the helicopter then take my hand off the stick to do whatever I need to do. Because of the threat of MANPADs, you often engage from 6-7km away, which means that you can safely enter auto-hover and focus all of your attention on targeting and such. You have to be careful when you do that though because it makes you a great target for enemy helicopters -- once the laser warning receiver goes off you really need to take defensive action.

I'm planning on getting Track IR at the end of the month though which will make the pilot workload a million times easier to manage. If you're not familiar with it, it's a piece of hardware which tracks your head movement and translates that into 6 degrees of POV movement in the game. Once I get Track IR, I'll be able to rebind my hat switch to Shkval (targeting system) slew which is the primary thing which causes me to take my hand off the stick.

Twinkle

Liturgist
So this DDO shit offended me with that stupid "System.InvalidOperationException: Compiler executable file c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\csc.exe cannot be found" message. So I checked the folder in question - the file was indeed missing. Where can I find it online?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Why would they delete characters? If anything, keeping your character means you may decide to go back to it one day, which still leaves you in the position of potential customer.

Twinkle

Liturgist
Simply deleting and reinstalling Net 1.1 via dotnetfx.exe have fixed the issue, despite a multitude of system warnings. Thanks anyway. Making launcher dependent on such an ancient piece of code when you have .NET 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0 available was stupid move on their side.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Okay in the mean time before a guild is set up or Sovard (or somebody) opens up the Brotherhood of Buuthurt again, let's list names. List class, too, so we know what we need.

Maan Guus, Rogue

Best way to get together is the Steam group though - it's been pretty active.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I'm not sure what I'll be playing, lately I've become a fan of being a healer in mmo's. Dunno if I will reroll another Cleric or try out Favored Soul. Then again I would have to buy it and I thought about waiting for possible Christmas sale. Choices, choices...

WhiteGamer

Educated
M4BE1R0 said:
Do I actually have to join the group or add to play with you guys? I might join one of those codex games later, with the free to play shit and all M:

who hosts the servers?

Yes, join the Codex Diversity Steam group, and I host a lot of the multiplayer games we play, although when it comes to server mandatory games like KF, then we join regular servers.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'mma waiting for DDO to patch. I'll roll a wizard, sorc or bard on cannith

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
My character is a level 4 ranger.

As mentioned before the name is CGravy which was done strictly with the intention of being a total larper and getting into the character.

I hear that on Ebberon names like this are quite common among the monocled elite.

Renegen

Arcane
DDO :x OK, I'm in. What do I need to do?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom