Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Good Old Games Short Story Competition

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
AODODiablo.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
I love this section and want to read MOAR.

Also tempted to write something. But then people would be like "get back to work on the ZRPG you mangy whore." Like they do.

Hory

Erudite
Annie developing CRPGs or Annie showing us her tits. Which is better and why? Discuss!

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
Freelance Henchman said:
Get back to work on the ZRPG you gorgeous piece of game developing ass.

...That may be one of the nicest things the Codex has said to me, and that's kind of terrifying.

...but seriously, when I take a lunch break and check the Codex, I do expect more awesome here. So thus, MOAR!

Silellak

Cipher
Annie Carlson said:
I love this section and want to read MOAR.

Also tempted to write something. But then people would be like "get back to work on the ZRPG you mangy whore." Like they do.

With ZRPGO use the Awesome Action Points system? Also, I know you've said previously that zombies won't be playable (in the initial release), but how will you incorporate the Noise System described by Brian into MMO form? Will noise-creating actions broadcast messages to nearby players, or does it only effect NPCs? Finally, with ZRPGO's newfound attempt to appeal to the mainsteam, can we now expect katana's, shruikens, and the like to be implemented?

Thanks in advance!

Also, please write something for the contest.

May - 2233

Bishop Bioharia sat in his room, preparing for his daily sermon to the people of Volournia... He looked down at the sacred book of Bioware, which had been passed down to him when the bishop befored him had his last reload and decided to quit this game and move on to the next title. He fingered the texts and remembered a passage from the book which described the origin of this utopia...

"And so it was that the fiend known only as Beth had claimed the innovative titles of this world when Volourn picked up arms to fight. He amassed an army using his god-like charisma and 22 skill points of diplomacy and lead them to the very home of the great evil... The epic, dark, and mature conflict which followed set the world ablaze for an undetermined amount of time but our saviour had accounted for this by casting an epic level spell, transporting his army to the boundries of our reality and back, thus avoiding the purge sparked by Bethsidian hands... Sadly the great evil had survived, taking shelter in huge underground vaults, and the saviour had expended all his spells for that day and needed to rest until he had the strength to face the evil once again... This is where we built our city, and this is what we guard. May our saviour roll a natural 20 and awaken soon, lest we are once again threatened by the evil which sleeps under the ground..."

The bishop now knew what the people needed to hear... They needed a promise of six different starting points, origins if you will, and a return to "old school" roleplay, only different... Yes, the great Volourn and the great Bioware had blessed him this day...

October - 2233

Loyal citizen Biogiri sat down in his stuffed chair, eager to see what the neural interface community had to say about "the new grit", as the sermon produced by the bishop had been called. Shock awaited him, for there was somebody on the network who had the audacity to call this brilliant sermon "banal" and "shit"... As he prepared to type in a reply to this insult to all he held dear he was shocked, once again, to see somebody reply to this message with the word... "R00fles"... This sacred word had been forbidden since the dawn of time, and he, as well as everybody else knew that this could only mean that the saviour was nearing that perfect 20... Soon they would pick up arms and wipe out the evil once and for all...

(It's not an entry, i'm just having fun. R00fles!!)

Calis

Pensionado
Elite said:
Perhaps it is true that no man is an island, but if so then Blakemore must’ve been an exceptionally narrow peninsula.
Pure poetry right there.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
thesheeep said:
Jaesun said:
Well fuck. THAT was the shortest contest evar. Silellak wins.

Well, there are 10 winners, AFAIK. But that is surely one ;)

It's not quite fair, though. To be honest, the 'interview' itself isn't anything special, only the shops hold lulz.

Silellak

Cipher
Darth Roxor said:
thesheeep said:
Jaesun said:
Well fuck. THAT was the shortest contest evar. Silellak wins.

Well, there are 10 winners, AFAIK. But that is surely one ;)

It's not quite fair, though. To be honest, the 'interview' itself isn't anything special, only the shops hold lulz.

Just to address the "fairness" of it*:

Why/How Age of Decadence should be made into an MMORPG. Entrants are encouraged to include hypothetical gameplay examples and prototype screenshots.

*special note: I do not care if I win, really. I just had fun making that shit up.

Silellak

Cipher
Stereotypical Villain said:
We need more stuff about Volourn. My [Lore: Codex] skill isn't nearly high enough to fully take advantage of that rich, and diverse, topic.

Please allow me to help educate you.

VollyFlow.jpg

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
:lol: :lol: :lol: dude you are on a fucking roll today!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom