Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex is looking for news posters

Is Infinitron doing a good job as a newsposter?

• Yes

• No

• kingcomrade

Results are only viewable after voting.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
If somebody else volunteered to post a stready stream of news with editorial comments written in halfway coherent, non-autistic English, Infinitron wouldn't have that much influence. It really is that simple.
Candidates may post here, preferably with a sample of news they would like to see on the front page. inXile/Obsidian fanboys (fangirls) need not apply.

Mortmal

Arcane
There wont be any point to news posting soon, past the 8 of july with grimoire release , it will be so good you wont be able to play anything else. After 600 hours of the best rpg ever produced on the planet, you wont find anything you enjoy, you will be chasing the pink dragon forever.That until cleve reluctantly ( only after donald trump invite him to the white house ) agree to work on grimoire 2 , but few will live to see it.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
There wont be any point to news posting soon, past the 8 of july with grimoire release , it will be so good you wont be able to play anything else. After 600 hours of the best rpg ever produced on the planet, you wont find anything you enjoy, you will be chasing the pink dragon forever.That until cleve reluctantly ( only after donald trump invite him to the white house ) agree to work on grimoire 2 , but few will live to see it.

I'm sorry but I can only observantly point out that you forgot about ELEX!

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
On one hand, the obvious Cucksidian shilling is pure decline but beggars can't be choosers.

Codex news posting is like toilet cleaning as no one wants to do it but someone has to do it :philosoraptor:

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Since Dhruin no longer posts at rpgwatch maybe someone in Australia can drive to his computer store and recruit him to supplement Infinitron's KS updates and general gaming news with important rpg news. I appreciate all the work Infinitron does fro free, but I care more about rpgs being released than kickstarter update number 9081 on mainstream game. Does he fuck with me and my posts, sure. But he doesn't get paid for that either. I think he could use a few more words of encouragement and at'a boys for all the work he does, even if it is work we don't a shit about, like KS update 9081 for x game.

He seems to be a decent guy, and does a lot for this site for free. Good job Infinitron and thank you for all you do including posting mostly useless and unhelpful news about shit no one gives a shit about. I mean this sincerely if this is coming off as sarcastic. I am assuming most of us appreciate you even if it doesn't seem that way. That also goes for all the staff besides Crispy since he supposedly is an American and his assault on real football crossed a line that cannot be uncrossed or forgiven by any red blooded American. And he is most likely a pedophile, which is pretty bad. That's not cool at all. Kids aren't for raping or sexual activity of any nature.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex news posting is like toilet cleaning as no one wants to do it but someone has to do it
Not really but only a few Codexers visit Site Feedback subforum so summoning is needed. This news should be on the front page but Infinitron as usual is doing a bad job plus apparently he fears competition. Unless Prime Junta and felipepepe lied and this whole "no one besides Infinitron wants to do it" is just a facade and they really want to transform Codex into Neogaf...

The answer is obvious of course, finding more news posters wouldn't be a problem if they wanted to find them. Oh, and BTW Prime Junta:
If somebody else volunteered to post a stready stream of news with editorial comments written in halfway coherent, non-autistic English, Infinitron wouldn't have that much influence.
I would prefer just a copy/paste rather than news with such retarded editorial comments as this:
It would be an exaggeration to say that Pillars is a universally popular game here now, but the rage has definitely died down, the fierce critics of 2015 no longer so sure of themselves.
Or after 2 years they've moved on and have no intention to repeat themselves for an n-th time. And for the bolded part you should be banned from posting any news.
let this be our truly final word on Pillars of Eternity
lol
He seems to be a decent guy
He was a decent guy but all that power got into his head and these are the results:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/ok-im-leaving.115779/page-5#post-5158793

Prime Junta

finding more news posters wouldn't be a problem if they wanted to find them

Hence the queue around the block ITT... oh, wait.

Edit: by the way, you don't even need a call like this. If you're interested, all you have to do is start submitting newsposts. There's a link on the front page. It says "Submit news." The staff will review them and if they're not shit, post them. Do this for a while and they'll probably invite you to the super sekrit members-only inner circle(s) and maybe eventually even give you front page posting privileges.

But that shit is a marathon, not a sprint. Thing with Infinitron is, he's a fucking force of nature, he just keeps on keeping on, unrelentingly. I doubt many of you shitposters have that kind of staying power. I certainly don't.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The thing with newsposting is that it's not a one-and-done thing. We can't have somebody who posts for a bit and then gets tired of it and starts half-assing. That's why the safest strategy is to recruit forum posters who have already shown themselves to be de-facto newsposters, like LESS T_T (and me in 2012 when VoD recruited me). But there's not a lot of those.

If I ever really stop having time for this and we get desperate, a possible alternative strategy would be to recruit a whole bunch of people, and assign each one a day of the week. Asking somebody to potentially post every single piece of important RPG news every day from now until forever sounds like a big commitment. But posting news every Monday? That might be something you could convince many active members of this community to do.

Last edited:

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I saw Todd Howard while at JB Hi-Fi looking for spare computer chips yesterday. He was skulking around the games section looking for people to come by. When a young man eventually stopped to look at the PS4 section, he casually walked up and pretended to also be browsing. When a young boy started looking at games, Todd walked up to him and acted all friendly and considerate, like he was trying to help the kid to find a good game to play. Of course, all he wound up doing was recommending the kid buy Skyrim. When the kid said he'd already played the game in the PS3, Todd suddenly grabbed him and screamed in his face "WELL BUY IT AGAAAAAAAAIN" The young boy burst in to tears and ran away, with Todd telling him that if he ever saw him without a copy of a new Bethesda game in his hands, he would "Cut you up like the diseased little faggot you are"

This is the third time he's pulled this shit this week.

Archibald

Arcane
I feel like most of this bitching is motivated by the fact that you open news forum and see bunch of threads about Pathfinder, PoE, Wasteland, Dvinity and some other game's kickstarter updates. I don't entirely understand why they are reposted here.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
As much as I could argue with Infinitron's choice of news topics, I really appreciate his commitment and all the time and effort he puts into this.
I like my Codex updated regularly.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I feel like most of this bitching is motivated by the fact that you open news forum and see bunch of threads about Pathfinder, PoE, Wasteland, Dvinity and some other game's kickstarter updates. I don't entirely understand why they are reposted here.

Development updates and Kickstarter updates ARE the news of the oldschool RPG renaissance. How are we different from PC Gamer and RPS if we don't post them? You come to the Codex because you want a site that follows the genre in-depth, moment-to-moment, update-to-update.

I feel like the sentiment you describe comes from a place of unproductive ironic detachment. It's like "Why are you posting so much, that makes it look like you actually care, which makes you a shill." No, I post because that's what this site is for.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I feel like the sentiment you describe comes from a place of unproductive ironic detachment. It's like "Why are you posting so much, that makes it look like you actually care, which makes you a shill." No, I post because that's what this site is for.
Why haven't you posted any info about Arcanum High Resolution patch 1.5 then? You didn't even bother to respond to Drog or here when you were summoned. I don't get it, what would it cost you to just copy paste info about such useful addition to one of the best RPGs ever created and do something good for a change? Is it because you don't like Arcanum? Drog? How is PoE update #44 more interesting than news about a much improved patch which makes playing easier on newer systems?

Back in the day there was a 100 page thread for the UAP alone and all this shit used to get news posts. I messaged Infinitron when the new high resolution patch was about to be released, politely suggesting that maybe this deserves a mention in the news section. He didn't deign to respond. Oh well, I guess the endless Kickstarter/Obsidian/InXile updates are more important than some old ass shitty Troika game.
Infinitron
Care to comment? Why didn't you post news about it but you're shitposting news about Pathifinder, PoE 2 and inXile games? Why didn't you even respond to him?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom