Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Issues Today

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Here's the same notice I posted on SP:

"We've had about 7 hours of downtime today, and I'm afraid there will be more. There are certain issues with the server's hard drive file system which are majorly messing around with things, and I'll need to run some lengthy diagnostics and repairs to hopefully fix it. The server and all sites on it will be inaccessible during this time. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll get everything back up as soon as possible."

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Np, I also deleted your duplicate posts. ;)

I'll post more information after we manage to track down the issue.

Fez

Erudite
That server gets more of a beating than a redheaded step child, poor thing. May the fickle gods of PCs watch over you with benevolence.

Reklar

Liturgist
I'm glad it wasn't another damn DOS attack. I was about ready to compose a huge rant on script kiddies and the value of private property, but you saved everyone from that with your timely explanation. Thanks, Taluntain. :)

-Reklar
(a Fallout/RPG fan)

Fez

Erudite
Hurrah, well done. Just keep an eye out for those Brazillians.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Damn you Europeans and your flakey servers!

ps. Everyone should click on the banners and play lots of INTRENET BINGO!

Fez

Erudite
Behind you.

Or where your ad blocking service has removed them.

Avé

Liturgist
Fez said:
Behind you.

Or where your ad blocking service has removed them.
I tried vanilla IE6.0 and couldnt see them, Maxthon & Firefox too

Fez

Erudite
When I checked, I got an advert that had scantily clad women in it, I don't know what it was advertising though.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
They're somewhat localized... but I think just US/non-US. As I'm not in the US I pretty much always just get the smilie ones. You have one square ad on top of the content on all Codex site pages, and one skyscraper on the right side of same pages. The forums just have one banner on top of all pages.

M0rphz0rz

Novice
Fez said:
When I checked, I got an advert that had scantily clad women in it, I don't know what it was advertising though.
Hey, I don't get any scantily clad women. I feel discriminated against. :D

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
All PMs on here are great.

Except the one I got from Ave whining about Exitium right before he posted it in this forum bank.

Fez

Erudite
The one I saw was pretty hot too, so at least the ad wasn't shit. Still don't know what it is about. Unless the point of the ad is just to remind me that hot women exist somewhere out there, in which case it was successful.

Usually the ads are confusing mess to understand if you actually try to read them.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Saint, try registering incognito and wait for pooperscooper to send you pictures of his immediate family (i.e. tubgirl and the anus man).

Avé

Liturgist
Taluntain said:
Saint, try registering incognito and wait for pooperscooper to send you pictures of his immediate family (i.e. tubgirl and the anus man).
Dont forget nicolai's gaping anus.

Saint said:
Except the one I got from Ave whining about Exitium right before he posted it in this forum bank.
I hate to argue semantics, but all I asked was for you to check the logs.

How is that whining?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom