Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Mod

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
RPGCodex Mod

This mod adds:
- a few things to the user's cards
b6099776b433736a5045e2e727307580.png

- an options menu in the bottom right corner of the page that that pops out when you need it (otherwise it'll be collapsed)
78a1f9a184ef1b1048aae027ce69fbc6.png

The mod allows you to:
  • Ignore users
    You can just ignore people without giving them the pleasure of seeing their name on your forum ignore list.

• Colorize users nicknames (click the circle near the nickname)
    To reset, select the white color.
    Will work everywhere on the forum, except in the Shoutbox.

• Leave personal notes about users in their member's cards
    This info is stored in the storage tab of the Tampermonkey script, in case you want to back it up or transfer between PCs.

• Sort polls by number of votes
b4712d422d997f3eb825146d2c020340.png
  • OPTIONAL: Improve CSS readability of main page articles
    It imitates the Medium font and style, which is very easy to read. [ Before : After ]

• OPTIONAL: Remove some of the reactions under YOUR posts
    The Codex can be a toxic place! Don't let them bring you down, keep posting your nonsense unimpeded.
    To remove the ratings, list their names, separated by two commas. Don't forget to check the checkbox.
    For the entire list of buttons:
    Code:
    Button,,Participation Award,,Acknowledge this user's Agenda,,hopw roewur ne,,Brofist,,gimme dem dolla bills,,nice,,thumbs down,,Up Yours,,Cheers!!,,Funny,,not sure if serious,,How about this as a button,,feels good man,,rolleyes,,Agree,,Disagree,,It's a matter of time,,incline,,decline,,Edgy,,meh,,FAKE NEWS,,cool story bro,,I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it,,Whatever shit you posted didn't load,,consume product,,Yes,,No,,STOP! posting,,Rage,,sad,,Despair,,Thanks!,,Prestigious,,Salute,,Makes you think...,,Interesting,,Informative,,[citation needed],,Friendly,,Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it,,Bro, do you even lift?,,How DARE you!??,,When words are not enough,,Okily Dokily!,,Useful,,Peaceful protest,,Slam dunk!,,Fabulously Optimistic,,Creative,,Artistic,,butthurt,,Racist,,Absolutely Haram,,Deus Vult,,+20 Social Credit,,"It was Aliens",,sheeple,,Someone has issues,,NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself,,cuck,,it is a mystery,,Old,,/facepalm/,,honk honk!,,M'lady,,Bad Spelling,,WTF am I reading,,Nuke it from orbit,,Grab the minigun, there are demons here to smite,,retadred,,Shit,,quality shit,,Slurp this person's delicious asshole,,Heresy,,Equip the Ring,,Begone thot!,,Excited!,,(autism),,Doggy,,Kitty,,what?,,Hoo,,That's an Elephant,,popamole,,Balanced,,PIRACY IS WRONG,,Disgusting!,,:M

• OPTIONAL: Completely remove all ratings and buttons under posts
    Supersedes the removal of reactions under your posts and removes EVERYTHING.
Installation

1. Install Tampermonkey
2. Install the mod: https://github.com/BesterCode/CodexMod/raw/main/RPGCodexMod.user.js
Read the code first, if you want to: https://github.com/BesterCode/CodexMod/blob/main/RPGCodexMod.user.js

3. Refresh any Codex page, go to the bottom of the screen and set your preferred options in the menu.

P.S. Tampermonkey comes with an annoying red icon. To turn it off, go to Settings -> set Config Mode to Advanced -> set Icon Badge Info to disabled.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well, I have literally just been wondering how I can curate my button list to be as short as mondblut 's.
Willing to share your secrets Mondblut, or do I have to download Tampermonkey anyway? Icon really is ugly.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Yeah... about that...
I have some free time on my hands, since I'm early retired. Unlike wagie Infinitron who gets shit at his day job and compensates by power tripping on the forum, I actually do good things and don't ever ask for anything in return. Something to think about.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Well, I have literally just been wondering how I can curate my button list to be as short as mondblut 's.
Willing to share your secrets Mondblut, or do I have to download Tampermonkey anyway? Icon really is ugly.
I think he just blocks some images. But not all of them are blockable, like he said himself. Some icons come from a sprite sheet, and you either block the entire sheet with a dozen icons or you don't.
Also, once he blocks them, I'm not sure he can even see those icons as ratings.

Cunt Dickula!?

Yeah... about that...
I have some free time on my hands, since I'm early retired. Unlike wagie Infinitron who gets shit at his day job and compensates by power tripping on the forum, I actually do good things and don't ever ask for anything in return. Something to think about.
Ok that persuaded me. Bester for admin!!!

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I think he just blocks some icons. But not all of them are blockable, like he said himself. Some icons come from a sprite sheet, and you either block the entire sheet with a dozen icons or you don't.
Also, once he blocks them, I'm not sure he can even see those icons as ratings.

I wouldn't have too much of a problem with that, as long as I cut the list down to just one row of available buttons. The problem is when I tried it with Ublock Origin I blocked the image file for the entire forum, and so if others gave the rating only the text was there, not the button.
So his solution would be usefull to me.

mondblut

Arcane
Does it actually work for anybody? Installed and see no changes. What buttom at the bottom right? I need a quest compass.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Will this mod still work when we eventually move to the next version of XenForo?
Certainly not out of the box and I won't promise that I'll adapt it for the three and a half people that will use it. But the notes are kept in JSON, which is a format easily viewable in online viewers and can be turned into anything else with a small script. If the day comes we migrate, I won't mind writing a script to extract those notes into a file structure if I decide not to adapt the mod.

In the meantime, extracting the info can be done like this for example.
I take my storage as it is right now:
Code:
{
    "codex_data": "{\"ignoredUserIds\":[\"9151\"],\"ignoredUserNames\":[\"Crispy\"],\"savedTxtIds\":[\"26797\",\"28745\"],\"savedTxtTexts\":[\"Is actually old and had a decent sex life.\",\"Hates Infinitron and Crispy.\"],\"userColorIds\":[\"18768\"],\"userColorValues\":[\"#d7e6fd\"],\"optionRemoveRatings\":true,\"optionImproveCss\":true,\"optionRemoveButtons\":false,\"optionWhichButtons\":\"\"}"
}

I paste it here https://www.freeformatter.com/json-escape.html and hit "unescape", then remove the third and the last quotation marks from the result, which then looks like this:
Code:
{
    "codex_data": {"ignoredUserIds":["9151"],"ignoredUserNames":["Crispy"],"savedTxtIds":["26797","28745"],"savedTxtTexts":["Is actually old and had a decent sex life.","Hates Infinitron and Crispy."],"userColorIds":["18768"],"userColorValues":["#d7e6fd"],"optionRemoveRatings":true,"optionImproveCss":true,"optionRemoveButtons":false,"optionWhichButtons":""}
}

Paste it into any json viewer http://jsonviewer.stack.hu/ and visualize the data:
e0cf06040f71d9d9cf3080c445775e58.png

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
neat trick with that GM_getValue
i know shit about js, im easilly impressed

Maxie

bester is a very talented html programmer despite his inability to pleasure his wife

Citizen

Not bad, but you wanna learn the real trick to improve your codex experience? Open the hosts file and add this little funky string of characters:

127.0.0.1 rpgcodex.net

Enjoy :smug:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Not bad, but you wanna learn the real trick to improve your codex experience? Open the hosts file and add this little funky string of characters:

127.0.0.1 rpgcodex.net

I did this, and for some reason my browser now plays videos of me banging your mother whenever I open codex in the browser?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom