Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex needs a more fitting logo

What is the best option regarding the symbol of RPGCodex

• 1) Juche Codex

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • 2) 1984 Codex

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • 3) Keep the current symbol

Votes: 29 42.0%
  • 4) Other (post a new suggestion or vote for a previously posted one)

Votes: 14 20.3%

• Total voters

Cassidy

Arcane
I'd like to suggest new logos for RPGCodex that I believe that fit more with the modern, end of 2013 and beginning of 2014 RPGCodex than the old one does. I will consider adjusting them better for transparency, etc, if there is an OK for the change, but my Photoshop skills aren't much good, and racofer could most certainly do a better job. Just two suggestions, again because my Photoshop skills aren't much good.

1)
Y6uthFz.png

2)
xrIOcps.png

3) No change of logo

4) Post your suggestion for a new logo here or vote for a suggestion within the thread beyond the first two ones.

Of course, a change of the direction the Codex is heading into could also be done instead, but that is not my call and most certainly won't happen.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
i like the idea of a white codexer shaking a black guy's hand (it's not going to happen, but hey, we like fantasy worlds for a reason), so i voted number 2.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Since the current one is based on text parsers, we should get on with the times and make one more relevant to current times:

t2e8lk8.png

Last edited:

Cassidy

Arcane
i like the idea of a white codexer shaking a black guy's hand (it's not going to happen, but hey, we like fantasy worlds for a reason), so i voted number 2.
You're right. They should be docking.

Docking is physically impossible with puppets, for that black hand is not the hand of a black guy, but the hand of a soulless, totalitarian puppet, as hinted by the outline of the two strings attached to it that make its difference to the hand to the left much larger than the difference of colors alone. It is not shaking the other hand, but constricting it, a sign:

If you want a vision of the future, imagine forceful hand-holding, forever.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Diagonally oriented and... much smaller obviously. DU unnecessary, I think. I'm trying to think of how you would work in the tranny and rape fixations...

zwanzig_zwoelf

Diagonally oriented and... much smaller obviously. DU unnecessary, I think. I'm trying to think of how you would work in the tranny and rape fixations...
You don't understand the symbolism. DU looks lonely and looks far away, while swastika is constantly rotating, and while DU has his attention shifted, he will sooner or later fall down and ban someone.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Replacing the swastika arms with bent cocks would take care of both.
They need to be raping something, then.
You don't understand the symbolism. DU looks lonely and looks far away, while swastika is constantly rotating, and while DU has his attention shifted, he will sooner or later fall down and ban someone.
No, make it better.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Okay guise, I listened to your advice, and made this:
rpgcodex2.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom