Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Targeted Harassment against Poles

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
As a polish person i feel offended. There's some angry german messaging when i click "about" section. Can you feel the cultural insensitivity -it's german, everyone knows that poles hate germans. Please explain yourself.

yUzO4rV.png

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Why do you lecture me about polish history when my problem with your post was, why the fuck you mentioned Belgium.

Belgium is the battlefield of Western Europe. It also happens to be a country with 3 official languages: Dutch, French, and German.

The picture does show that it's not just the Codex that has targeted harassment against the Poles.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

Semiurge

Cipher
Wait. Hold the phone. Poles don't speak German?

It's really surprising seeing that they only speak Polish since Poland is the Belgium of Eastern Europe.

Here's your citation, Stavrophore.

RQYG7i0.jpg

https://brilliantmaps.com/invaded-poland/

Just goes to show that Poles have resisted any and all attempts by their betters to civilize them.

Sharks and crocs have resisted change for millions of years, and they're still here just as they were then. I know what kind of civilization you speak of, and it's not the good and lasting kind. Look at your typical Cali "man". He's so civilized he no longer has any balls, wits or courage.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I am curious to hear how France invaded Poland. Or Italy.

Oh wow, its been a while since I saw that map. It was in some butthurt Polish thread on /pol/ years ago and I asked exactly the same question. The answer was that Napoleon setting up the Duchy of Warsaw counts as an invasion because he didn’t treat the Poles with sufficient respect. Not sure what the answer regarding the Italian invasion of Poland was, but I guess it was something equally smart (perhaps Italian troops moving through Poland to USSR or something like that).

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
italy- roman legions, because kids nowadays have no idea how history or real life countries work. france- napoleon, because???
it's from reddit, no wonder it's shit

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I am curious to hear how France invaded Poland. Or Italy.

Oh wow, its been a while since I saw that map. It was in some butthurt Polish thread on /pol/ years ago and I asked exactly the same question. The answer was that Napoleon setting up the Duchy of Warsaw counts as an invasion because he didn’t treat the Poles with sufficient respect. Not sure what the answer regarding the Italian invasion of Poland was, but I guess it was something equally smart (perhaps Italian troops moving through Poland to USSR or something like that).

From the link:
For example, Italy is on the map in red as having invaded Poland, when this was in fact the Romans, and not the modern Italian state, that did so.

Similarly, Moldova is shown to have invaded Poland. However, it was the Principality of Moldavia, not the modern state of Moldova that invaded Poland. Moldova did invade Poland as part of the USSR but by this logic all former Soviet States would have to be coloured red, which they are not.

It's bound to happen when trying to put historical countries on a modern map.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom