Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Codexian Game Development Thread

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Quake mapping is bretty fun. I like it.

eicCUxL.png

H7nrSkI.png
UypuUY7.jpg
fBhggTU.png
bhHWAdL.png

Welcome to Slipgate EM22. It vapors.

YnqWZLg.png

vlzvl

Arcane
Developer
Pretty good and clear sprites, but it seems the UI is a bit empty and missing a lot of information.
Also, why are you changing the floor tiles to light-dark? why not using just one

Joonas

Arcane
Developer

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not something i'm working on, but could inspire someone :-P... i was looking into some old files and found this dungeon editor i wrote a few years ago in C++ Builder (from 1996):

I wanted to make some sort of retro dungeon crawler that would play on old (late 90s) PCs but, as usual, i lost interest :-P.

s05.png

First public release of my graphical roguelike Zorbus. More info and download at http://www.zorbus.net

I really like the pixel art. The resolution is kinda weird, what is the native one? Or it can scale?

I poked a bit around the EXE file, i see you used Delphi (5?) to make it. Nice to see someone who uses Delphi/Pascal for gamedev :) and kind of an interesting coincidence i decided to post my C++ Builder video now (i only checked the EXE after i quoted the image above). Have you tried to compile the game with Lazarus? If you only use VCL it should take very little work to create Linux and macOS versions.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Getting better at shaders. Tried adding some slight dithering to the fog to make graphics somewhat grittier, but apparently it causes flickering on shit monitors.

Guess I'll have to remove this effect. :negative:

dithering.png

Joonas

Arcane
Developer
First public release of my graphical roguelike Zorbus. More info and download at http://www.zorbus.net

I really like the pixel art. The resolution is kinda weird, what is the native one? Or it can scale?

I poked a bit around the EXE file, i see you used Delphi (5?) to make it. Nice to see someone who uses Delphi/Pascal for gamedev :) and kind of an interesting coincidence i decided to post my C++ Builder video now (i only checked the EXE after i quoted the image above). Have you tried to compile the game with Lazarus? If you only use VCL it should take very little work to create Linux and macOS versions.

The screen can be resized from the settings:
http://www.zorbus.net/graphics/s11.png

Yes, it's made with Delphi. Haven't yet tried with Lazarus but I'll look into it. I don't use any 3rd party components so hopefully it will compile.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
dg2.jpg

Fake lighting updated, dithering turned into an optional effect, fake light shafts added, lines are in with a faster shader to do stuff.

Now I need to rewrite the line editor, but I'll probably do it once I'm done with the addon for DG. Still need to finish a few areas and do more thorough testing to make sure everything works as expected.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Last post on DG2 for a while -- implemented a simple ingame console. Its intended usage is similar to the debug menu in DG1, but it should have more functions + should be less of a pain in the butt to use.

D2gVtgVXgAATnvk.png:large

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Well as much as I appreciate skybox support of source ports, I decided to use classic scrolling sky for this one:

Sky texture is a modified version of the vanilla one.

redactir

Artist Formerly Known as Prosper
Demos little bit of everything except the elevators and dialog.

password is test

The game will feature combat, loot, upgrading stats and skillpoints. I still have quests, multiple solution areas, dungeons, and a whole bunch of reactivity planned.

pat

Arcane
Developer
I did magic weapons and armour; added kobold slingers, orc chuckers and bandit archers; some streamlined UI and a heap of bug fixes.

cleLnZV.gif

The cool emergent thing that happened was that with the addition of ranged enemies, the importance of lighting came to the fore and I only realised this after I found myself getting hammered from a kobold slinging at me unseen from the darkness while I stood in the light. I realised that this works in reverse and now there's a good reason why you might want to extinguish your torches before heading into a fight to maximise the element of surprise.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
nothing helps keep my tendency to go overboard with skills and abilities at bay than the prospect of having to make icons for all of them

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom