Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codexian GOTY 2019

Chose the one true ruller of 2019!

• Total voters

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'd split my vote between DE and Underrail: Expedition if I could. I loved DE and it was better than Expedition if we don't take the whole of Underrail into account, but I replayed Expedition like three times for almost 200 hours to try out new builds so it's tough. Sadly no expansions, so DE gets it. Still, amazing game.

buffalo bill

Arcane
wow this list is terrible

2019 sucked

DE by default I guess—a pretty good game, even though I strongly prefer games that are not almost-100% composed of scripted content (I guess DE's bottle quest minimally counts as non-scripted).

Citizen

Going by the result (and the shameful Twitcher's win some years ago) the site is long overdue for rebranding as VNCodex.

To be honest, there's nothing there to vote for if you're not a VNloving storyfag. There are two combatfag games here, Druidstone and Forged of Blood, both of them are pretty forgettable

My vote goes for Anthem, obviously :obviously:

Swigen

Arbiter
fp9nawmtegc21.png

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What does Witcher 3 has in common with visual novels??

It's gay

Wouldn't say so. In the course of the Witcher trilogy Geralt bangs more chicks than all of the franchise critics detractors combined during their whole sad lives.

The most homosexual moment I remember is the lesbian scene between Filippa Eilhart and the other sorceress in Witcher 2. "Lesbomancy, my favourite type of magic", as certain wise dwarf once said.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
While I echoed the general vote for DE, it's a shame to see how little attention A Legionary's Life got in the codex. Y'all need to give the demo a chance.

Titan Outpost.
Still gotta play this one. How stable is the current build?

V_K

Arcane
To be honest, there's nothing there to vote for if you're not a VNloving storyfag.
There are the first 10 hours of Stygian.

The reason why people play it. You're not honestly saying that it won it's GOTY on the strength of its combat, exploration or character building, are you?

V_K

Arcane
The reason why people play it. You're not honestly saying that it won it's GOTY on the strength of its combat, exploration or character building, are you?

Story-focused does not equal visual novel.
Story-focused games can still have good gameplay. See Quest for Glory or The Council, for example. Or the first 10 hours of Stygian for that matter.
Story-focused game with shit gameplay, on the other hand, is just a VN with some extra bits that it would have been better off without.

Vatnik Wumao
Story-focused games can still have good gameplay. See Quest for Glory or The Council, for example. Or the first 10 hours of Stygian for that matter.
Story-focused game with shit gameplay, on the other hand, is just a VN with some extra bits that it would have been better off without.
TW3 might not be a masterpiece in terms of gameplay, but it's decent.

t. enjoyed going through it on Death March

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

2019 sucked

DE by default I guess—a pretty good game, even though I strongly prefer games that are not almost-100% composed of scripted content (I guess DE's bottle quest minimally counts as non-scripted).

to be fair this is the bulgarian list, the real list should be coming soon
You mean the open poll that everyone can vote multiple times made by felipepepe ?

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

2019 sucked

You mean the open poll that everyone can vote multiple times made by felipepepe ?

I will only accept a Codex GOTY that is proctored by Darth Roxor.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

2019 sucked

I will only accept a Codex GOTY that is proctored by Darth Roxor.
He already voted,also his taste have been in decline during the last two years,he even said that deadfire is ok.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
What a dreadful selection.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom