Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codexian Wasteland 2 Unity art assets thread

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
inXile and Unity are partnering for an art asset crowdsourcing experiment, as already signaled by Zed ( http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/wasteland-2-crowdsourcing-experiment.78582/ ). Some inspired Codexers had the idea of having a thread in which all art to be submitted to inXile/Unity's experiment could be discussed:
If Codexers submit, somebody should keep a tally on who submitted and (hopefully) eventually whose work made it in. Would be pretty cool to know not to mention:

:obviously: Codexian Incline.
Yeah. Maybe have a thread here to show off your WIP? If you guys have any great submissions, feel free to ping me, I can always try to pull some strings and bring things directly to the attention of higher-ups.
As a result of this, I'm creating this thread and waiting for you artists to show us your goods.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
For true doom murder heads, there is always the thread inside the prosperian realm but it looks like prosper would like to remain anonymous and wishes not to contribute.

Allow me to demonstrate what the world will be missing:
313p17q.png

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
For true doom murder heads, there is always the thread inside the prosperian realm but it looks like prosper would like to remain anonymous and wishes not to contribute.

Allow me to demonstrate what the world will be missing:
313p17q.png

That's pretty decent by prosperian standards. You can tell what this is without a problem. Unless this isn't a child-proof cookie jar on a hippie-carved table.

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
if someone is serious about this (or wants to step into prop creation) there's a nice tutorial from cg cookie which covers highpoly/lowpoly modeling, baking maps and creating textures and importing all the stuff into unity. basically all you need to sell your assets to fargo's lazy gang. blender, google skillz one month subscription 10 bucks worth and a painting app is needed to succeed ;)

tutorial link

CrazyLoon

Prophet
unity-shack.jpg

Wasteland2-1.jpg

Seems good enough for a draft. It should look a lot better if I textured it. Do you know if they want the textures as well? That could be a problem, since I doubt all the textures from many different artists, if there are indeed a lot of people participating, are going to look consistent.

I would make more if I'm not working on my game and have more time. Can't do double duty.

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
Do you know if they want the textures as well? That could be a problem, since I doubt all the textures from many different artists, if there are indeed a lot of people participating, are going to look consistent.

your asset has to be ready to be used ingame. for consistency they released a style guide and even a sample scene to test your asset. if it blends in well you did your job, else redo till it fits.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom