Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex's GOTY! The best RPG of 2018?

What is the best RPG of 2018?

• Shadows: Awakening

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Immortal: Unchained

• Graveyard Keeper

• Death's Gambit

• Imperatum

• Moonlighter

• Smoke and Sacrifice

• Magic Scroll Tactics

• Long Gone Days

• State of Decay 2

• Phantom Doctrine

• Ash of Gods: Redemption

• Call of Cthulhu

• Aeon of Sands - The Trail

• Total voters

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It is the end of the year guys,time for voting :). As the last time,i put the more prominent games up the top and the other ones lower on the list,and a few almost forgotten ones . Decent amount of new RPGs,i found 32 games while searching and trying to ignore all the jap shit. Shame that most of them are pretty mediocre. Discuss!

I was thinking of going for kingmaker until i finish it,the ending is so bad that no i am twisted between re-remake of Avernum 3 and KingdomCome.

I would recommend trying out " Labyrinth of Refrain Coven of Dusk",it is a good blobber.

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Played only six of those (Bugmaker not included) and watched gameplay videos of 6 more.

It looks like a lot is missing, it can't be just that ...
Well, i voted for the one i had more fun with (playing it right now, a kind of guilty pleasure, a lot of bad mechanisms, still, it's fun)

Mustawd

Go and vote for degenerate popamole on some other site like cucktaku or polygay. I care only for CRPGs and the rest could fuck off!

you do realize a lot of jrpg dungeon crawlers are on console right? Dungeon crawlers that are basically spiritual succesors of Wizardry.

Or do you only play dating sim games like Bioware trash?

Edit: Something like Octopath Traveler definitely deserves mention over FO76.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Sad realization when you dope out you played jack shit this year except Call of Cthulhu and even that got taken from you. Looking for those 75% discounts is great on my wallet, but goddamn if it doesn't leave me entirely out of the loop with GOTY awards for said year.

You forgot Artifact!
It is a card game and not a RPG.
Don't think I don't see Cultist Simulator and Thronebreaker on there. :rpgcodex:
Fair enough good sir,i added it specially for you. Even if in those two you roleplay a role.
Thems dangerous waters you're treading as Artifact is closer to a blobber than some sorta namby pamby "You play a role" game. You have your team of heroes and lead them into battle, making choices like what lane you'll fight in which can have lasting consequences for your game, and buy items in the shops and upgrade your characters. The role you play is the group, rather than an individual.

I appreciate you adding it for completeness' sake but I'm going to vote for Kingmaker anyway. :love:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
You forgot Artifact!
It is a card game and not a RPG.
Don't think I don't see Cultist Simulator and Thronebreaker on there. :rpgcodex:
Fair enough good sir,i added it specially for you. Even if in those two you roleplay a role.
Thems dangerous waters you're treading as Artifact is closer to a blobber than some sorta namby pamby "You play a role" game. You have your team of heroes and lead them into battle, making choices like what lane you'll fight in which can have lasting consequences for your game, and buy items in the shops and upgrade your characters. The role you play is the group, rather than an individual.

I appreciate you adding it for completeness' sake but I'm going to vote for Kingmaker anyway. :love:
I never played it,so i didn't know that. I was going to rate you informative until i read the trolling at the end :lol:.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom